GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs. Anaheim Ducks 3/2/16 10:00pm EST SN,RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
No other forward has set up as many PP goals as Plekanec. Anticipating your "yeah, but, but, he gets all the opportunity...", it just so happens that he has only played 9% more on the PP but has 43% more assists on the PP than the next guy (Galchenyuk) to show for it. Snakebitten on the goal scoring, but we've been over this again, and again, and again. Back specifically to this topic, there should be a way to find a puck distribution role somewhere on a hypothetical "1st PP unit" made up of our players - even if you can imagine something that your brain thinking computes might possibly be even MORE productive.

No other forward has set up more goals on the PP than Plekanec? You sure about that? how many primary assists does Plekanec have on the PP? I'm honestly asking you...

....again, Plekanec has his attributes, I can't dispute that he's very effective defensively, he's showing it in this game

But offensively, he lacks creativity to play on a 1st line. He doesn't generate offense for his wingers, that's not hate, it's just a fact.

When the best things you can tell me about a player is his face-off percentage and neutral zone play and effectiveness defensively, I don't expect you to be talking about a teams 1st line center

Is it Plekanec's fault that this team plays him in a role he's ill suited for? Certainly not....

And that will be the challenge for the Habs moving forward, finding a center that that pushes Plekanec down in the lineup.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
2-2. Alright.
Just need another goal from the ducks, McCarron laying someone out and I'll call it a great night.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Man Pateryn is really good... seriously I never was that high on him, but I think he's keeper, can't do much better as a bottom pair Dman

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Too bad for Ellis. Thought he was playing well in limited time. **** call. Garbutt dove. If anything Ellis was trying to prevent him from going into the boards.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Tomorrow I would ice a 4th line with Brown minus Andrighetto to keep LA from running us out of the building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad