The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
I always seem to notice Iafffalo on the ice. I’ve never noticed anything bad watching him and if Adams traded for him, I’d say that’s the type of roster construction I’m hoping for. Solid pick up for the type of guys we need to “round out” into a real team.

Now go out and do it two more times please.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Hey Buffalo Fans!

what are your thoughts on savoie, kulich and rosen ? seems like you guys have a ton of talent on the nhl roster and ahl roster! would you be upset if any of them got traded ? sorry, not a buffalo fan so trying to get a feel of what you guys think ?
anyone but Wahlberg is currently up for grabs to the highest bidder, assuming the return are already NHL players.

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018
So no top picks moved and all of our top prospects in Rochester and we expect to make strides via trades? Active in free agency? For whom I have to ask? We trade nothing of significance and add salary via free agency?

Got bad news for you. If you want change those high end picks and prospects you want in Rochester need to be in play.
They don’t absolutely need to be. I’m not naive about our ability to attract UFAs. This is a deep class though. I do think we could sign a legit middle six forward and 2nd pairing D from this class if we are serious about doing so.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I always seem to notice Iafffalo on the ice. I’ve never noticed anything bad watching him and if Adams traded for him, I’d say that’s the type of roster construction I’m hoping for. Solid pick up for the type of guys we need to “round out” into a real team.

Now go out and do it two more times please.
Winnipeg needs a shakeup, but I don't think they'd move on from Iafallo. That Scheifele extension really kills them, he's the guy I think they need to jettison. Basically the only high priced guy (other than UFAs) they can move from is Ehlers, and I don't think we need Ehlers right now. Maybe one of Schmidt/Pionk on D.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Winnipeg needs a shakeup, but I don't think they'd move on from Iafallo. That Scheifele extension really kills them, he's the guy I think they need to jettison. Basically the only high priced guy (other than UFAs) they can move from is Ehlers, and I don't think we need Ehlers right now. Maybe one of Schmidt/Pionk on D.

The Jets inability to get the puck up the ice has been killing them. They're spending all their time and energy just to get the puck up the ice and then the shoot-ins have no Jet going in to forecheck.

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
Hey Buffalo Fans!

what are your thoughts on savoie, kulich and rosen ? seems like you guys have a ton of talent on the nhl roster and ahl roster! would you be upset if any of them got traded ? sorry, not a buffalo fan so trying to get a feel of what you guys think ?
Anyone is available given the right trade. But based on organizational needs the following would be my levels of pain in any given trade.

Level One
Ostlund - Lost Mitts. Only true center in the prospect pool. Elite CPU.

Level Two
Wahlberg - Only true power forward in the prospect pool. Looking better and better.

Level Three (nothing to add on this group that hasn't been written previously by Chainshot)
Savoie
Kulich
Rosen
Neuchev

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Speaking of making a deal, I wonder if the Caps would be interested in Rosen for Nic Dowd and Nick Jensen or TVR? The ask on Dowd was supposedly a first at the deadline, it's only for a year, but just thinking about one of the very best checking centers on an inexpensive deal AND a vet RHD.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The Jets inability to get the puck up the ice has been killing them. They're spending all their time and energy just to get the puck up the ice and then the shoot-ins have no Jet going in to forecheck.

Maybe they need a Byrum 😝

Speaking of making a deal, I wonder if the Caps would be interested in Rosen for Nic Dowd and Nick Jensen or TVR? The ask on Dowd was supposedly a first at the deadline, it's only for a year, but just thinking about one of the very best checking centers on an inexpensive deal AND a vet RHD.

Isn't Dowd like 32 or 33?

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
That would be an absolute game changer, I love it. Those RD both have term and are both good so I think the price would be much higher if you're asking for both Dowd and one of them. Rosen + Ostlund or a protected 1st.

Would Joki be of any interest to them, to help them get younger? I just can't see them swapping out either of those Dmen under nice contracts for Joki without being paid handsomely for it.

This off-season is where the Sabres highly regarded analytics team needs to really earn their money.
I kinda wish they'd just do what everyone else does and hire a bunch of scouts to supplement it, and extra make sure they're making the right moves.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That would be an absolute game changer, I love it. Those RD both have term and are both good so I think the price would be much higher if you're asking for both Dowd and one of them. Rosen + Ostlund or a protected 1st.

Would Joki be of any interest to them, to help them get younger? I just can't see them swapping out either of those Dmen under nice contracts for Joki without being paid handsomely for it.

I kinda wish they'd just do what everyone else does and hire a bunch of scouts to supplement it, and extra make sure they're making the right moves.

I would be interested in adding more, like a pick. If it's Rosen and Jokiharju, they would need something else coming back - all that team control walking away, even if it's like a 3rd or something.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I would be interested in adding more, like a pick. If it's Rosen and Jokiharju, they would need something else coming back - all that team control walking away, even if it's like a 3rd or something.
Dowd, Jensen, 3rd for Rosen and Joki.

I’d love this so much. The only downside is that we’d lose Dowd for nothing after one year. But who knows, maybe he has such a fun playoffs that he re-signs :)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Dowd, Jensen, 3rd for Rosen and Joki.

I’d love this so much. The only downside is that we’d lose Dowd for nothing after one year. But who knows, maybe he has such a fun playoffs that he re-signs :)

People would start having a meltdown about it almost immediately. Joey Bagodonuts on his barstool in the First Ward would be on the whiner line in moments.

But it's about fit and need. Hell, Aube-Kubel is UFA and was waived multiple times and has better shot suppression stuff than Gus. That whole Caps d-zone start line is so much better than what Buffalo tries to do with the Krebs line with Gus and Okposo and it's because of Dowd.

• Haha
Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
People would start having a meltdown about it almost immediately. Joey Bagodonuts on his barstool in the First Ward would be on the whiner line in moments.

But it's about fit and need. Hell, Aube-Kubel is UFA and was waived multiple times and has better shot suppression stuff than Gus. That whole Caps d-zone start line is so much better than what Buffalo tries to do with the Krebs line with Gus and Okposo and it's because of Dowd.
Agreed. I’m watching Vegas and Dallas and just thinking the same thing - Krebs and Girgs are not going to cut it for Lindy’s 4th line. Not close.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Uhhhhh... I forgot Motte was in Tampa. He's another "just a guy" who can PK and block a shot and play a role. I had him on one list for depth guys, just get caught up in certain style guys who Adams has shown no willingness to see as valuable but still...
Let's hope Lindy's voice will sway him. Ruff wants his role players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad