HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Training Camp (Roster & Pre-Season Schedule in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
The back pass from the first puck carrier to the second carrier when reaching the red line, only to give 10 feet of momentum to the carrier gaining speed, will get chopped up with the right amount of pressure in the neutral zone from the first PKer.

It doesn’t feel natural to the personnel we have.
You have to hope that it is one option that they are working on and that eventually there will be others, plus a pmd good enough to choose and qb appropriately. If they intend to use the same zone entries every game they won’t make the playoffs and would get destroyed in a series that lets the other team adapt.

Reactions: Gustave

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That the Senators execute it better...

Habs are too slow to perform it correctly really, that's why it sucks.
Which is one of the reasons I'd like to try Guhle on it. I think he'll back up defenders with his skating. The other part of the equation is puck handling recieving and executing passes. We suck in general because there always seems to be a WEAK link on any given wave. You just know where the puck will end up like water seeking the lowest ground.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
You have to hope that it is one option that they are working on and that eventually there will be others, plus a pmd good enough to choose and qb appropriately. If they intend to use the same zone entries every game they won’t make the playoffs and would get destroyed in a series that lets the other team adapt.
Well, whether it’s a try out period of different strategy or not, the Habs are not making the playoffs in any universe. :laugh:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Kastelic-Watson-Sabourin all playing tonight.....
Xhekaj living rent free in their heads.....don't play him, lol!

They are playing all their goons. :laugh:

If the Refs don't step in early the game is going to turn very bloody. DJ Smith is going to turn the Sens into a bunch of bullies this season just to try to keep his job.

edit: I just read that the Sens are sitting their best players. DJ Smith really just wants to hurt Habs players tonight.

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
They are playing all their goons. :laugh:

If the Refs don't step in early the game is going to turn very bloody. DJ Smith is going to turn the Sens into a bunch of bullies this season just to try to keep his job.

edit: I just read that the Sens are sitting their best players. DJ Smith really just wants to hurt Habs players tonight.

Is there a goon available on waiver today we can pick up just for the game just to screw with them?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
What a disgrace seriously, last preseason game should be with the NHL lineup, not a bunch of goons. Hope no one gets hurt…

Reactions: WeThreeKings

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Since we don't have the game thread for tonight. Habs lineup:

Caufield-Monahan-Dadonov
Drouin-Dach-Gallagher
Slafkovsky-Pitlick-Anderson
Pezzetta-Evans-Harvey-Pinard

Wideman-Xhekaj
Schueneman-Guhle
Harris-Barron

Allen-Montembeault

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Kastelic-Watson-Sabourin all playing tonight.....
Xhekaj living rent free in their heads.....don't play him, lol!

This is why playing the same team to end preseason 4 times in a row is dumb, especially when it’s a chicken shit team like Ottawa with their inferiority complex. I’d bring up line of just goons and the second they ran a good player, have the goons run their star players. Ottawa is in the more precarious position with them trying to be competitive this year and bringing in star players. Take advantage of that as Habs have literally nothing to lose.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
This is why playing the same team to end preseason 4 times in a row is dumb, especially when it’s a chicken shit team like Ottawa with their inferiority complex. I’d bring up line of just goons and the second they ran a good player, have the goons run their star players. Ottawa is in the more precarious position with them trying to be competitive this year and bringing in star players. Take advantage of that as Habs have literally nothing to lose.
Exactly. If the goons on Ottawa are only there to retaliate for any offenses that is fine. If they are going to start trouble then, major injuries aside, Ottawa is the only team with anything to lose. They may not dress their star players but they have to dress so many NHL players that the Habs could take out if things got out of hand.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Well, whether it’s a try out period of different strategy or not, the Habs are not making the playoffs in any universe. :laugh:
Saving them embarrassment if they only have one strategy. What’s the record for short handed goals against in a series?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Exactly. If the goons on Ottawa are only there to retaliate for any offenses that is fine. If they are going to start trouble then, major injuries aside, Ottawa is the only team with anything to lose. They may not dress their star players but they have to dress so many NHL players that the Habs could take out if things got out of hand.
If not this game, during the regular season when their stars are playing. We’re joy competing for anything so f*** them.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
A lot of hype, but nothing really happened. And the one small group pushing and shoving match that occurred was instigated by a Pitlick hip check. :laugh:

Thank god this is over with and we don't have to see the Sens for awhile.

Boring game.

We went 0-6-2. That's a .125 points percentage and is 21 pts over a full NHL season.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Final cuts incoming... here's the outlook in my opinion

Caufield Suzuki Slafkovsky
Monahan Dvorak Gallagher
Pitlick Dach Anderson
Pezzetta Evans Hoffman
extra: Dadonov, Drouin

Guhle Savard
Matheson Schueneman
Harris Wideman
extra: Kovacevic

Allen Montembeault

IR: Edmundson, Armia, Byron

Cut: Ylonen, Harvey-Pinard, Barron, Xhekaj, Leskinen, Bowey, Primeau, Heineman

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Final cuts incoming... here's the outlook in my opinion

Caufield Suzuki Slafkovsky
Monahan Dvorak Gallagher
Pitlick Dach Anderson
Pezzetta Evans Hoffman
extra: Dadonov, Drouin

Guhle Savard
Matheson Schueneman
Harris Wideman
extra: Kovacevic

Allen Montembeault

IR: Edmundson, Armia, Byron

Cut: Ylonen, Harvey-Pinard, Barron, Xhekaj, Leskinen, Bowey, Primeau, Heineman

Taxi to Laval for Drouin, I'm afraid. I think he's genuinely done - his decision to bottle out from taking that pretty high percentage shot when through on the goalie late yesterday said everything about the state of his mind and his wrist, I feel.

Xhekaj is, IMO, above Schuneman on the depth chart after camp and is in the mix for the third pair.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Today should be the day a lots of teams shed the rest of the fat to be roster and cap compliant tomorrow, Habs included.

We already know that Eddy, Byron and Armia will be on IR. This is very convenient, it opens a spot at forwards without having to send down anyone if they keep 14. At least until Armia comes back. They might still try to trade/send down a vet forward or two, but Monday isn't the deadline for that anymore. It's also possible today we will learn more players are day-to-day. :laugh:

At defense, they just got a new guy via waiver claim so they have to keep him on the roster of 7 Ds (if there are 14 forwards). Matheson and Savard are the only regular vets on the team. Wideman is more of a 6th-7th D. That's 4 dmen. That leaves 3 spots for Guhle, Harris, Xhekaj, Barron, Shue, Bowey and Leskinen.

And we don't know if the Habs will pick more shrubs from the waiver wire in the next 24 hours.

Reactions: Runner77

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Taxi to Laval for Drouin, I'm afraid. I think he's genuinely done - his decision to bottle out from taking that pretty high percentage shot when through on the goalie late yesterday said everything about the state of his mind and his wrist, I feel.

Xhekaj is, IMO, above Schuneman on the depth chart after camp and is in the mix for the third pair.

Yeah, he can genuinely blame his wrists, get his money & we get LTIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad