HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Hockey Ops (Kent Hughes, Jeff Gorton, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
First and only reporter saying such a thing afaik.
Louis Jean never put her on the list of the 11 candidate who where interview, Lebrun/Friedman never said she was a candidate either. We just assume she would be a candidate because they said they would meet women but It was never official that she was a candidate

Jul 6, 2016
I'm okay with Castonguay going elsewhere because personally, I felt like having two former player agents in management would be a bit redundant.

Right. But it's a missed opportunity to get a woman like her.

Jul 6, 2016
Louis Jean never put her on the list of the 11 candidate who where interview, Lebrun/Friedman never said she was a candidate either. We just assume she would be a candidate because they said they would meet women but It was never official that she was a candidate

Maybe she knew already that Canucks were interested by her services and refused any interviews with the Habs.

Gabriel Sagala

Sep 8, 2019
Vin Diesel as Kent Hughes

K-Hughes-773x405.jpg
172578-guy-jodoin-anime-sucre-sale.jpg

Kent looks like young actor Guy Jodoin

Reactions: nicehiss

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Renaud said she was a candidate.

amethyst

#10 Forever
Mar 15, 2013
Very happy for Émilie!! I'm very curious to know who the Habs hire for assistant GM's now

Jul 6, 2016
Her hockey takes are unimaginative at best.

It is not showing when she is in the media (radio or TV) for sure. But she's got tons of hockey knowledges, nevertheless.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Maybe she knew already that Canucks were interested by her services and refused any interviews with the Habs.
I think she would have choose the Habs before Vancouver, she was big Habs fans
Renaud said she was a candidate.
Did he said she was officially interview or that he thought she was a candidate big difference. Kevin Dubé is really well connected in the QMJHL where most of Castonguay clients where

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Right. But it's a missed opportunity to get a woman like her.

I don't doubt her competency or his skill set. I just think they need people with a few different backgrounds that add a different perspective. I'm not sure having two former player agents offers that.

Reactions: Vachon23

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I didn't know, but Castonguay interned with the Canadiens in 2011 under after she graduated college........under Pierre Gauthier. After she completed her internship, she went back to school to get her law degree.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1909

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Vinny won’t take an AGM job he want to stay in Tampa and having quality time with his family, I see more something like Senior Advisor
I hope we stay clear from Vinny or this will start to look like another boys club. What are his qualification anyway outside of "former NHL player"?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Why? What has he done after his playing career in the last 6 years?
I mean having his 1200 NHL game experience and many as capitaine, Stanley Cup champion, played in big games (OG/World Cup), have the experience of being a superstar in the NHL could definitely help our staff

Reactions: Doc5

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
I mean having his 1200 NHL game experience and many as capitaine, Stanley Cup champion, played in big games (OG/World Cup), have the experience of being a superstar in the NHL could definitely help our staff
Fair. I'm of the mindset that senior leadership should have more to offer than that though. I'd rather he work his way up the management hierarchy and learn the ropes first before being thrust into the AGM role.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Fair. I'm of the mindset that senior leadership should have more to offer than that though. I'd rather he work his way up the management hierarchy and learn the ropes first before being thrust into the AGM role.
A lot of ex players who don’t want to be GM have that role with an NHL team

Reactions: Doc5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad