HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Hockey Ops (Kent Hughes, Jeff Gorton, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
:habs

Executive VP of Hockey Ops: Jeff Gorton
General Manager: Kent Hughes
VP of Hockey Ops & Legal Affairs: John Sedgwick
Director of Player Personnel & Amateur Scouting: Martin Lapointe
Director of Goaltending: Sean Burke

Head Coach: Dominique Ducharme
Assistant Coaches: Alex Burrows, Luke Richardson & Trevor Letowski
Goaltending Coach: Eric Raymond
Video Coach: Mario Leblanc

Director of Player Development: Rob Ramage
Coach & Player Development: Francis Bouillon

Sports Science & Performance Director: Adam Douglas
Strength & Conditioning Coach: Dale Lablans

Director of Pro Scouting: Eric Crawford
Director of Minor League Affiliates & Pro Scout: Nick Carriere
Pro Scouts: David Mclean & Reid Simpson

Chief European Scout: Christer Rockstrom
International Crossover Scout: Serge Boisvert
European Scout & Finland Scout: Hannu Laine
Eastern European Scout: Michael Krupa
Sweden Scout: Tommy Lehman
Russia Scout: Artem Telepin
Goalie & Russia Scout: Vincent Riendeau
Canada Scout: Ben Shutron
USA Scout: Bobby Kinsella
Quebec Scout: Donald Audette
Ontario Scout: Matt Turek
Video Scout: Yannick St-Pierre

VP of Communications: Chantal Machabée​

Last edited:

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
No scouts in China?!?!
With over 1.5 billion players, there must be a couple of NHLers.
We just need to send someone to Barry Beck hockey school in Shanghai.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
With Donald Audette roaming Quebec ice rinks for a living why has he missed out on so many decent Q prospects?
How does Gourde go unnoticed?

Reactions: themilosh

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
With Donald Audette roaming Quebec ice rinks for a living why has he missed out on so many decent Q prospects?
How does Gourde go unnoticed?
He didn’t go unnoticed, Gourde decided to sign as undrafted UFA w TBay vs Mtl

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
:habs

Executive VP of Hockey Ops: Jeff Gorton
General Manager: Kent Hughes
VP of Hockey Ops & Legal Affairs: John Sedgwick
Director of Player Personnel & Amateur Scouting: Martin Lapointe
Director of Goaltending:
Sean Burke

Head Coach: Dominique Ducharme
Assistant Coaches:
Alex Burrows, Luke Richardson & Trevor Letowski
Goaltending Coach:
Eric Raymond
Video Coach: Mario Leblanc

Director of Player Development: Rob Ramage
Coach & Player Development:
Francis Bouillon

Sports Science & Performance Director: Adam Douglas
Strength & Conditioning Coach: Dale Lablans

Director of Pro Scouting: Eric Crawford
Director of Minor League Affiliates & Pro Scout: Nick Carriere
Pro Scouts: David Mclean & Reid Simpson

Chief European Scout: Christer Rockstrom
International Crossover Scout:
Serge Boisvert
European Scout & Finland Scout: Hannu Laine
Eastern European Scout: Michael Krupa
Swede Scout: Tommy Lehman
Russia Scout:
Artem Telepin
Goalie & Russia Scout: Vincent Riendeau
Canada Scout: Ben Shutron
USA Scout:
Bobby Kinsella
Quebec Scout: Donald Audette
Ontario Scout: Matt Turek
Video Scout:
Yannick St-Pierre

VP of Communications: Chantal Machabée​
Bolded need to go imo.

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
Yes but the Habs couldn't take a 7th round chance on him? He didn't have to go undrafted
Yes, don't know if there is a rule that forbid to draft overrager at 20 years old, but producing at a 2PPG pace no matter what should deserve a look at and possibly a 7th round draft pick.

Maybe it was his size?

A players that follows a similar trajectory than Yanni Gourde this season in the Q is Felix Lafrance. Was PPG last season like was Gourde prior to his monster season, and 50 points in 26 games this season, but he is small like Gourde tho.

Overrager to look for in the Q?
- Felix Lafrance. Age 20
- Patrick Guay (47 points in 31 games) 19 years old

Another question, if anyone follow the Q closely, what do you think of Jordan Dumais? 5th in scoring in the Q, 2022 draft elligible, 47 points in 30 games. Has more point than Zach L'Heureux on his team.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Yes, don't know if there is a rule that forbid to draft overrager at 20 years old, but producing at a 2PPG pace no matter what should deserve a look at and possibly a 7th round draft pick.

Maybe it was his size?

A players that follows a similar trajectory than Yanni Gourde this season in the Q is Felix Lafrance. Was PPG last season like was Gourde prior to his monster season, and 50 points in 26 games this season, but he is small like Gourde tho.

Overrager to look for in the Q?
- Felix Lafrance. Age 20
- Patrick Guay (47 points in 31 games) 19 years old

Another question, if anyone follow the Q closely, what do you think of Jordan Dumais? 5th in scoring in the Q, 2022 draft elligible, 47 points in 30 games. Has more point than Zach L'Heureux on his team.

“To be eligible, players must be 18 years old by Sept. 15 and under 20 years old by Dec. 31 in the draft year. However, non-North American players over 20 years old are eligible.”

NHL Draft 101: Rules and information

Reactions: Mandalorian

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Bolded need to go imo.

Thought it was interesting that you listed Tommy Lehmann. Seems we haven't given him much of a fair shake, with only 2 Swedes drafted since he was hired.

Would also have no qualms about moving on from Kinsella. While he's made some good calls, we've given the guy so many kicks at the can. Time for a fresh approach in freedom land

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nick Carrière still there. He must be really good.

Reactions: amethyst

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Thought it was interesting that you listed Tommy Lehmann. Seems we haven't given him much of a fair shake, with only 2 Swedes drafted since he was hired.

Would also have no qualms about moving on from Kinsella. While he's made some good calls, we've given the guy so many kicks at the can. Time for a fresh approach in freedom land
I was thinking of how little Swedes the Habs have drafted. Just seems like something isn't working there. Kinsella I was on the fence about. I can definitely agree with you but the last few drafts have been American laiden and I think the org got a few good prospects out of it.

Reactions: covfefe

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The fact Gorton (great GM with Rangers) and Hughes that they will work together on all things... it's a really good news.

I'm really happy that Chantal Machabée is with Habs too. That's a pretty great add.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Najso

Jun 17, 2015
Sweden
A few weeks ago, I saw someone on this board suggest that we should hire a "director of European hockey operations" with the task to oversee scouting and player development in Europe. I think it is a very good idea to have a clear structure and a permanent presence in Europe with both scouts and coaches.

I even have a name I think would be perfect for the role in Lars Johansson, Europe's probably most successful hockey executive. As GM, he built Sweden's only modern dynasty in Skellefteå with two championships and they became known for their excellent player development program. Today he is a senior advisor to St. Petersburg in the KHL and the Russian NT. Very surprising that he has not been hired by an NHL franchise yet.

Last edited:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Martin Leclaire said in a podcast that he heard that the Habs will have Martin Lapointe and an other big scout in the west area that they will hired for this year

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Bolded need to go imo.
Why Ben Shutron ? he just arrived with us last year and he was with Hockey Canada before. He's still young and he got an interesting resume.

A few weeks ago, I saw someone on this board suggest that we should hire a "director of European hockey operations" with the task to oversee scouting and player development in Europe. I think it is a very good idea to have a clear structure and a permanent presence in Europe with both scouts and coaches.

I even have a name I think would be perfect for the role in Lars Johansson, Europe's probably most successful hockey executive. As GM, he built Sweden's only modern dynasty in Skellefteå with two championships and they became known for their excellent player development program. Today he is a senior advisor to St. Petersburg in the KHL and the Russian NT. Very surprising that he has not been hired by an NHL franchise yet.
I agree, an other name that could make a lot of sens for that job would be Saku Koivu. He's implicated with Finlande and TPS in the Liiga and he knows what it take to be successful for the Habs

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Why Ben Shutron ? he just arrived with us last year and he was with Hockey Canada before. He's still young and he got an interesting resume.

I agree, an other name that could make a lot of sens for that job would be Saku Koivu. He's implicated with Finlande and TPS in the Liiga and he knows what it take to be successful for the Habs

Errmmm...Shutron has been named scout exactly one year ago.

I agree about Shutron. I forgot he was hired so recently.

Reactions: Vachon23

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Noticeably absent top to bottom...

Former player with elite level skill...

Maybe Audette or Burke at the fringe of elite in their days.

I'd like so them bring in someone with that lens in the scouting or player development areas.

Having that lived experience in the room when discussing/debating player targeted players and/or player development issues, would be beneficial.

Reactions: Runner77

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
No scouts in China?!?!
With over 1.5 billion players, there must be a couple of NHLers.
We just need to send someone to Barry Beck hockey school in Shanghai.
Moving back to China prob in 2025, everyone tell the Habs to hire me.

Reactions: amethyst
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad