HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Hockey Ops (Kent Hughes, Jeff Gorton, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The good news is that changes will come. Over the next year or so, we'll see the Habs hockey ops will have a different look.

Whether guys are replaced or simply certain departments growing, the hockey ops will have a different look.

Reactions: BLONG7

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
I was thinking of how little Swedes the Habs have drafted. Just seems like something isn't working there. Kinsella I was on the fence about. I can definitely agree with you but the last few drafts have been American laiden and I think the org got a few good prospects out of it.
I believe Lehman is with the habs since 2018-2019 (Unless I am minstaken). Since then, it is true there was not a lot of swede drafted. In facted, only one in 3 years. But it is Mattias Norlinder in the 3rd round. Pretty good choice in the 3rd round, and I think we should maybe give him the chance to draft more prospect from Sweden to properly evaluate him. But for now, for me, he is one that we should keep.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I believe Lehman is with the habs since 2018-2019 (Unless I am minstaken). Since then, it is true there was not a lot of swede drafted. In facted, only one in 3 years. But it is Mattias Norlinder in the 3rd round. Pretty good choice in the 3rd round, and I think we should maybe give him the chance to draft more prospect from Sweden to properly evaluate him. But for now, for me, he is one that we should keep.
1 choice in 3 years is fishy to me for whatever reason. Good choice but it's easy to bat 1.000 if you only swing once.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Vin Diesel as Kent Hughes

VinDieselMarch09.jpg

K-Hughes-773x405.jpg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
1 choice in 3 years is fishy to me for whatever reason. Good choice but it's easy to bat 1.000 if you only swing once.

I think one way they can also see if a scout is doing a good job is look back at previous drafts and see who they had on their respective draft lists. The team may have gone with other selections. But they can still look at the players they scouted and base their evaluation of them.

Let's look at Lehman as an example in Sweden. In 2020, he might have had kids like William Wallinder, Helge Grans, and Theodor Niederbach on his list of Swedes he scouted and pushed for during the draft meetings. Wallinder and Grans were taken before the Habs picked Tuch and Mysak. And Niederbach was taken two picks later.

The Habs can still look at Lehman's list and evaluate that he's got an eye for talent, even if they pick other players. So you still want to keep someone around who can bring you these kinds of draftees to your meetings.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Audette is NOT a good scout. Folks who attended Q game at the old Bob and discussed prospects with him told me that he’s wayyyy too critical of Q players in his evaluations. Imagine that. Instead of selling his kids to the big boss, he shoots them down. Go figure. I believe even McCagg ackowledged that.

Serge Boisvert, apparently, is a better scout.

What happened with Michel Boucher?

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
With Donald Audette roaming Quebec ice rinks for a living why has he missed out on so many decent Q prospects?
How does Gourde go unnoticed?

He had 68 points in 68 games in his draft year. Five players on his team had between 67-73 points. He is an undersized player. Now I can’t say I watched him so I can’t comment on that but usually undersized guys have to be well over point per game to be drafted. Also this is back in the 2010-11 season. The NHL has turned more into an offensive league and moved away from the big and physical players over that time span. Maybe nowadays he gets drafted in the later rounds.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Audette is NOT a good scout. Folks who attended Q game at the old Bob and discussed prospects with him told me that he’s wayyyy too critical of Q players in his evaluations. Imagine that. Instead of selling his kids to the big boss, he shoots them down. Go figure. I believe even McCagg ackowledged that.

Serge Boisvert, apparently, is a better scout.

What happened with Michel Boucher?

Left with Brisebois to Tampa.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
The more I think about what these 2 are up against the more I don’t think you can understate how f***ing terrible a state MB left this team. No D corp, a bunch of bloated, gross contracts, the amount of awful contracts here is absolutely astounding and very little in the way of can’t miss prospects. This mess won’t be corrected over night.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
First and only reporter saying such a thing afaik.

I think she wasn't on the list of 10 that was published a few days ago, but there was an un-named candidate which might have been her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad