GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ Detroit Red Wings (7:30 PM ET - FSD, RDS)

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
DD with dat -5 (+/-)

giphy.gif

Reactions: Filppula and avssuc

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
They were a defeated team before the 2nd period ended. Camera had a nice shot of Blashill with a vapid look upon his face at one point. It was over before it was over. As for the Habs and Julien, we've seen worse but still a bush league move on both counts. I concur about Witkowski being on a line in Montreal. Heck, let him start on the opening face off and take care of business out of the gate.
He has had that vapid look on his face from the day he came here, and dumbf*** Holland just gave him a extension. Till Holland is gone the tank will keep going.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Just got home from the game and jeebus... You know its gonna a be a long night when Glendening looks like the best forward in the first.

Yeah team was defeated before the end of the second...Howard clearly had enough or just gave up. Wonder if he was disappointed he wasn't traded lol.

Also its amazing watching them live as you truly see just how unorganized they are. From running into each, not knowing where each other is on the ice, to just fumble f***ing around.

Not sure if Trash is telling them to dive to get a call but damn, no one can stat on their feet even with just a little pressure. For as fast as AA is his balance is absolutely horrendous.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
I have not seen it said/ asked yet but Trash just got a 2 year deal and the team comes out like this. Could this be a Trashlash???

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Anyone know how much we save on waiving Abby per season?

$3 mil next year, $2.2 the year after, $1.7 for the next two years, then $1.2 for the next five years. Not sure I did it right, but paying that MOD until 2028 makes me ill. I don't think a buyout is a good idea. Hiring Jeff Gillooly and sticking him in a dark part of LCA is probably the best option. Have him visit Dekeyser and Nielsen too while he's in the building.

Justin Abdelkader - NHL Player Buyout Calculator | Spotrac

Last edited by a moderator:

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
$3 mil next year, $2.2 the year after, $1.7 for the next two years, then $1.2 for the next five years. Not sure I did it right, but paying that MOD until 2028 makes me ill. I don't think a buyout is a good idea. Hiring Jeff Gillooly and sticking him in a dark part of LCA is probably the best option. Have him visit Dekeyser and Nielsen too while he's in the building.

Justin Abdelkader - NHL Player Buyout Calculator | Spotrac
I’m not talking buyout just talking waiving him

Last edited by a moderator:

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
I’m not talking buyout just talking waiving him

Sorry, I didn't read your full post, still in postgame shock.

No team wants him, so he clears, then they save $900 something K. So their cap will still get hit with $3.4 or something close to that for the next 4 years. That's better than the buyout, but then you have that turd poisoning GR. Probably the best option I guess.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Sorry, I didn't read your full post, still in postgame shock.

No team wants him, so he clears, then they save $900 something K. So their cap will still get hit with $3.4 or something close to that for the next 4 years. That's better than the buyout, but then you have that turd poisoning GR. Probably the best option I guess.

Ya allows you to promote a Christopher Ehn type kid who imo should be up right now. No he isn’t great offensively but the kid works his bag off and is good positionally as well as great on FC. I see another glenny in him. He deserves to be here over a lot of vets right now

Reactions: Filppula

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Kronwall: "We got what we deserved."

It must be frustrating when you're at or near the end of your career, want to finish on the team you started, still actually have pride and give a shit, and that's the effort your younger, healthier teammates give.

I'm only going off the highlights but I haven't heard Green's name mentioned as much as it seems like it should be for awful plays tonight.

Bowey had a brutal night for sure. It looked like he not only blew his coverage but crossed up his partner. But where were the hell were veteran players?? Already planning their summer vacations?

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Two bad giveaways but the entire team was doing that the entire game. His first game so that's to be expected. He can skate, is stronger than I thought. Jensen get's creamed atleast 3 times per game... it was embarrassing how soft he is. So someone tougher is very welcomed.

Also Bowey has a monster shot from the blue line and he is good at getting his shot through. (Jensen was a black hole when he shot the puck; horrible!).

Bowey had more SOG in this game (3) than I think he ever had as a Capital. Red Wings I think are unleashing him to be a 2-way dman. You can see the skill, confidence and hockey IQ is there. He's young, so hopefully they can get him to relax with the puck a little bit.

Hronek was our worst dman tonight.

He looks as advertised: Good tools, no tool box.

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
Kronwall: "We got what we deserved."

It must be frustrating when you're at or near the end of your career, want to finish on the team you started, still actually have pride and give a ****, and that's the effort your younger, healthier teammates give.

I'm only going off the highlights but I haven't heard Green's name mentioned as much as it seems like it should be for awful plays tonight.

Bowey had a brutal night for sure. It looked like he not only blew his coverage but crossed up his partner. But where were the hell were veteran players?? Already planning their summer vacations?
should have asked for a trade, but, at 38, stability in life may be more important than that.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
What a wasted trip to Detroit tonight. The fix must have been in tonight for the Wings. Montreal got better passes from our d-men, then their own forwards. Both goalies got hung out to dry. And Montreal did not have a power play chance at all.

The kids on the ice in the first intermission could stand up and skate better than the Wings did. Had to count snowflakes all the way back to GR just to block out the game out of my mind.

Oct 18, 2006
It's going to be tough viewing from here on out.

That was something else.

Mike Green is so good when he's switched on, when he's care free, he is brutal. He was disgusting last night.

Zadina looked good, that was the lone positive from this horrible effort.

This team will be among the worst in the league for a long, long time.

Oct 18, 2006
Oh and I hope Bowie is better than that, because he was absolutely horrendous.

Like first game, new system and all, but wow, his turnovers were brutal. 2 goals directly from his stupidity.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I understand that the whole team played absolutely terrible.
I understand that it was his first game with a new team.
I understand that he is still relatively young.

But somebody should stop Madison Bowey from competing in professional sports ever again. My dude was consistently making plays that wouldn't fly in the CHL.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
And I will forever point to Montreal's 4th goal last night if anyone suggests AA can actually play centere. He's the 3rd man high, and chooses to START to do a giant loop behind the net as Montreal has possession and 4 men breaking out. Absolutely pathetic.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I'm not watching another game until Blashill is gone. Screw this. What a bunch of spineless pansies. 8-1 division rival who's KILLLLLING you lately. Watching Larkin get bullied. Nobody does a thing. Doesn't put Witkowski out to end the game to stir it up. I'm pissed

The extension is coming, get ready...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad