GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ Detroit Red Wings (7:30 PM ET - FSD, RDS)

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
I'm not watching another game until Blashill is gone. Screw this. What a bunch of spineless pansies. 8-1 division rival who's KILLLLLING you lately. Watching Larkin get bullied. Nobody does a thing. Doesn't put Witkowski out to end the game to stir it up. I'm pissed

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Caps fan here. Hoping you could fill in the blank for me here: Bowey looked ______ in his debut for Detroit tonight. I tuned in to see a turnover for goal #8 but that's all I saw of your game tonight.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Carey Price raises his career sv% against the wings to .932 and lowers GAA to 1.95

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The last minute didn't completely suck. That's something. I guess. Embrace the tank but, damn, the tank doesn't have to roll this bad. Ugly. Stat said Habs scored outscored the Wings 45-17 in the last 7 games. Brutal.

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
Caps fan here. Hoping you could fill in the blank for me here: Bowey looked ______ in his debut for Detroit tonight. I tuned in to see a turnover for goal #8 but that's all I saw of your game tonight.

He made some mistakes but he was also playing with Dekeyser who's absolutely terrible. The entire team looked uninspired and sluggish. All I can say is if Witkowski isn't in the lineup the next time we play the Habs I'm going to lose my mind. Game's out of hand, 5 minutes left and Kulak runs Larkin, the Armia boarding on Hronek. Julien is a f***ing joke.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
He made some mistakes but he was also playing with Dekeyser who's absolutely terrible. The entire team looked uninspired and sluggish. All I can say is if Witkowski isn't in the lineup the next time we play the Habs I'm going to lose my mind. Game's out of hand, 5 minutes left and Kulak runs Larkin, the Armia boarding on Hronek. Julien is a ****ing joke.

They were a defeated team before the 2nd period ended. Camera had a nice shot of Blashill with a vapid look upon his face at one point. It was over before it was over. As for the Habs and Julien, we've seen worse but still a bush league move on both counts. I concur about Witkowski being on a line in Montreal. Heck, let him start on the opening face off and take care of business out of the gate.

Reactions: 14ari13 and wingfan

The Wizard of Oz

Feb 24, 2013
Michigan
Damn. Kronner looks emotional.
He could be playing for a playoff team but he stuck around for these guys and this is their effort. I’d be furious too. Side note this is why someone like Kronner should still be on his team. Who else would hold these clowns accountable or even be able to speak to the media with any coherence?

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

Two bad giveaways but the entire team was doing that the entire game. His first game so that's to be expected. He can skate, is stronger than I thought. Jensen get's creamed atleast 3 times per game... it was embarrassing how soft he is. So someone tougher is very welcomed.

Also Bowey has a monster shot from the blue line and he is good at getting his shot through. (Jensen was a black hole when he shot the puck; horrible!).

Bowey had more SOG in this game (3) than I think he ever had as a Capital. Red Wings I think are unleashing him to be a 2-way dman. You can see the skill, confidence and hockey IQ is there. He's young, so hopefully they can get him to relax with the puck a little bit.

Hronek was our worst dman tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad