GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:30 EST - FS-D

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
1) AA was on fire. One of those games where he looks like a complete superstar. The consistency with him this year has been nice to see.

2) Vanek is absolute trash. I'm sorry, but the guy can't make a tape to tape pass to save his life, and tries so many ridiculous "no-look" bonehead passes that never work. Trade him at the deadline for literally anything.

3) Buyout Abdelkader? I know there is a 0% chance it actually happens, but he is so bad at hockey, it's cringeworthy.

4) Being in Canada, I was forced to watch on TSN, and those were probably the worst announcers I have ever heard. They pronounced Ehn as "Ean", (as in the pronunciation of the words mean, and bean and clean), they were going on about Andre Anthanasiou, added an "N" sound to the first A, and talking about how he matched his career high in goals with his 16th, when a 5 second internet search shows he actually scored 18 goals in 16-17. The little things really bug me. It is their job, their livelihood, their careers to know hockey, yet they are clueless at times.

Keep on playing fun hockey, while losing!
But they pronounced Hronek pretty good. I purposely chose to watch it on TSN. Canadian hockey broadcasts are so much better and it is so annoying listening to the Detropit guys go on and on (and on and on and on and on and on and on....) about their Light the Lamp game.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
But they pronounced Hronek pretty good. I purposely chose to watch it on TSN. Canadian hockey broadcasts are so much better and it is so annoying listening to the Detropit guys go on and on (and on and on and on and on and on and on....) about their Light the Lamp game.
It's amazing to think that they honestly believe we give a shit.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's amazing to think that they honestly believe we give a ****.
This is the media organization that approved of the following:

Two franchises are in a brand new arena in an up-and-coming downtown area, but the teams are so irrelevant that fans are already tuning them out and not showing up.

Solution: Change the color of the seats, so empty houses aren't so obvious on television.

Not exactly rocket scientists with their finger on the pulse of the fans. :loony:

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

Usually TSN has solid broadcasters, but not last night. Those guys were incredibly annoying, whoever they are.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
You were not entertained by AA? He was dominant every shift.
Except the two shifts he was on the ice when the Habs scored. He played very well, but he definitely didn't dominate every shift. Glad to see him engaged the last couple games, but, he's not playing like a superstar. Watch Tampa or Colorado to see what superstars look like.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Untitled.png

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
Was at the game last night. Can't agree more with every bad thing said about Vanek, he was a little ball of suck out there. Really liked the play of Glendenning and Bertuzzi and Witkowski was not bad. Third line rocked it all night. Loved Glenny's hit on Weber, Witkowski making Tatar into a revolving door and Gallagher getting Kronwalled. AA has impressive eyebrows. On the Habs side, Domi is incredibly fast and so looks like his dad. Tatar was a pain all night, that little back of the net flip at the beginning of the second was painful. I get mad everytime I see Petry in an Habs sweater. All in all, they needed more shoot last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad