GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:30 EST - FS-D

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I don’t like Nielsen and Vanek together. Their bad habits seem to rub off on each other.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
really unremarkable game from larkin tonight. Did he even get a shot?

He had a good start to the 2nd. Haven’t noticed him much since.

This is why I’m not voting for him for the ASG. I want him to get as much rest as possible. Could be a rough second half for him. He’s just been doing it all at full tilt for 45 games straight. Tires me out just thinking about it.

Reactions: Oddbob and KJoe88

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Vanek sucks any momentum the team gets away with some dumbass pass play.

He doesn’t mesh with this team. I don’t care how gifted he is (and I liked the signing both times) - his sloppiness is deflating.

Vanek signed here to get unscrutinized playing time. That’s fine some years on some teams but this team has now established an identity through Larkin and company and Vanek’s bullshit isn’t condoned anymore.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I don’t know why anyone’s excited Colorado is getting those two top guys...

Excited? I hope it comes down to the wire and Ottawa ends up a couple points out of last place but because of tiebreakers and whatnot they finish 10th worst overall and then they get f***ed in the lottery so Colorado ends up 15th overall. So what if I'm petty.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
1) AA was on fire. One of those games where he looks like a complete superstar. The consistency with him this year has been nice to see.

2) Vanek is absolute trash. I'm sorry, but the guy can't make a tape to tape pass to save his life, and tries so many ridiculous "no-look" bonehead passes that never work. Trade him at the deadline for literally anything.

3) Buyout Abdelkader? I know there is a 0% chance it actually happens, but he is so bad at hockey, it's cringeworthy.

4) Being in Canada, I was forced to watch on TSN, and those were probably the worst announcers I have ever heard. They pronounced Ehn as "Ean", (as in the pronunciation of the words mean, and bean and clean), they were going on about Andre Anthanasiou, added an "N" sound to the first A, and talking about how he matched his career high in goals with his 16th, when a 5 second internet search shows he actually scored 18 goals in 16-17. The little things really bug me. It is their job, their livelihood, their careers to know hockey, yet they are clueless at times.

Keep on playing fun hockey, while losing!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->