GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:30 EST - FS-D

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The perceived slights on AA are hilarious.

The guy is playing harder night in and night out, while being a much more consistent hockey player.

This is what we have been saying he should do to earn more ice time and have a bigger impact. Look he is doing it and he is getting to do those things.

You think this is some imagined thing, people didn't hate AA. They haated him being a lazy player that could do a ton more. I am happy to see him do a ton more, this is who I believed he could be if he applied himself. Happy to sign this guy long-term and watch him play for a long time.

The young guys that make up our future have been a lot better this year in my opinion. I like the steps out of all of them. Larks and AA being the best of the bunch but even Mantha and Bert have been much more consistent and better hockey players. All good signs.

Reactions: jkutswings

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Well AA showed up! 3-2 now maybe I'll watch the rest of this one. We gotta win at home just by default.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

The guy is playing harder night in and night out, while being a much more consistent hockey player.

This is what we have been saying he should do to earn more ice time and have a bigger impact. Look he is doing it and he is getting to do those things.

You think this is some imagined thing, people didn't hate AA. They haated him being a lazy player that could do a ton more. I am happy to see him do a ton more, this is who I believed he could be if he applied himself. Happy to sign this guy long-term and watch him play for a long time.

The young guys that make up our future have been a lot better this year in my opinion. I like the steps out of all of them. Larks and AA being the best of the bunch but even Mantha and Bert have been much more consistent and better hockey players. All good signs.
You know I've always loved AA. HSJ tried to destroy the kids name. He was right for holding out when he saw Kenny playing EVERYONE unjustifiably but wants to crunch the numbers on him...

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Abby's had a lot of jump in his step tonight, I liked that center to no one because it was a good idea. But man, he's made some other plays tonight that were downright terrible.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI

No there are a few people here I don't need to name names as we all know that could care less if he had a 100 points would still talk shit on him your wrong on that one.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
You know I've always loved AA. HSJ tried to destroy the kids name. He was right for holding out when he saw Kenny playing EVERYONE unjustifiably but wants to crunch the numbers on him...

He was pretty mediocre because he held out in my opinion last year. I think it cost him money on his current deal. Little of Athanasiou's hold out made sense. His comparison points around the league were bad and he wound up getting stuck with the same deal anyway. I have heard him talk on it. I understand why he feels that way, but I don't think it made a ton of sense, business or otherwise.

I am glad to see him put it past him though. We all know he can be significant player. I think being on a team where the young guys are driving everything does help both him and Mantha in terms of they seem to have more buy-in energy all over the ice. Either way this is an AA I am very happy to keep around moving forward.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

Problem is, the slights aren’t perceived. At least not on this board - they’re still happening. As I said in my post tonight, praise for AA still often comes with a caveat about him lacking in some respect.

Early in his career, I agree he didn’t look fully committed, but even a lot of the flack he got last year was misguided in my view. It’s as if the “lazy” tag took on a life of its own. Last year, when a lot of folks were calling AA lazy and a floater, I saw a guy who was analyzing the game and learning in-game. I think he did a lot of un-learning of bad habits then and its showing this year.

Maybe I’m defensive cause I appreciate a guy with personal demons to battle, but I think people have been especially slow to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->