Pre-Game Talk: Montreal Canadiens at Los Angeles Kings 10:30 ET :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
There's no one scheduled for tonight's GDT, so I took the liberty of putting a little something together.

We might see Price in nets tonight, as for the rest of the lines, I really don't know.

LA Kings Projected Lines (That I stole from their last GDT):

Tyler Toffoli – Anze Kopitar – Justin Williams
Jordan Nolan – Mike Richards – Jeff Carter
Dwight King – Jarret Stoll – Dustin Brown
Kyle Clifford – Linden Vey – Trevor Lewis

Jake Muzzin – Drew Doughty
Robyn Regehr – Slava Voynov
Willie Mitchell – Alec Martinez

Jonathan Quick
Martin Jones

BhzHyViCEAEdSko.jpg:large

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
I took the middle of this week off as there will be no students here either way, so it looks like I will be able to responsibly watch these games. This one will be starting at 11:30 my time though. Ugh.

At least LA has had trouble scoring lately?

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Yeahhhh, this one's gonna be hard. But what the hell, we just beat Pittsburgh. Plus, if the guys have any pride they'll remember that the Kings beat them 6-0 at home 3 months ago.

I'm thinking White will be good to go, doesn't seem like the type who would spend too much time off the lineup for a flu... plus he made the trip, if he still had symptoms and would be contagious he wouldn't have...

Price... I think the morning skate will tell us. Will pretty much be an afternoon skate for us though.

I don't expect Bournival or Prust tonight but both should play on the trip, which, by the way, means we'll be one player above the 23-men limit.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Perfect for me.. I'll be home from hockey in time to catch the game.

Also, play Budaj or Tokarski. Give Price the extra rest, we're gonna lose tonight anyhow.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Yeahhhh, this one's gonna be hard. But what the hell, we just beat Pittsburgh. Plus, if the guys have any pride they'll remember that the Kings beat them 6-0 at home 3 months ago.

I'm thinking White will be good to go, doesn't seem like the type who would spend too much time off the lineup for a flu... plus he made the trip, if he still had symptoms and would be contagious he wouldn't have...

Price... I think the morning skate will tell us. Will pretty much be an afternoon skate for us though.

I don't expect Bournival or Prust tonight but both should play on the trip, which, by the way, means we'll be one player above the 23-men limit.

If Price is ready we'll send Tokarski down.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
If Price is ready we'll send Tokarski down.

That was a given, we'd be one over WITHOUT Tokarski.

Price - Budaj (2)
Subban-Markov-Gorges-Emelin-Murray-Tinordi-Bouillon (7)
Plekanec-Desharnais-Eller-White (4)
Pacioretty-Gallagher-Gionta-Galchenyuk-Bourque-Brière-Bournival-Moen-Prust-Weise-Parros (11)

24 players.

Unless somebody else gets hurt, we're looking at another player sent down or moved within a week. And we can't really take anyone back in a move unless we send two guys back. The easy way out would be to send down Bournival. Hamilton would hold a parade. But the kid was told he had made it and frankly didn't do anything to deserve it. Asides, he was awesome with White & Weise.

Second easiest way out would be to ditch Parros...

You guys might want to take a good look at the game tonight, this might be the last time you see the likes of Bourque, Moen & Gionta with the Habs, to me they're the most likely to be moved.

Last edited:

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal

Price - Budaj (2)
Pacioretty-Gallagher-Gionta-Galchenyuk-Bourque-Brière-Bournival-Moen-Prust-Weise-Parros (11)

24 players.

Unless somebody else gets hurt, we're looking at another player sent down or moved within a week. And we can't really take anyone back in a move unless we send two guys back.

You guys might want to take a good look at the game tonight, this might be the last time you see the likes of Bourque, Moen & Gionta with the Habs, to me they're the most likely to be moved.

Well even now, we have 26 players on the game notes thing..

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
The last time we played LA, they found their scoring touch and single handily sent us back to the ice age! :O

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Well even now, we have 26 players on the game notes thing..

Yup, the 24 guys I mentionned plus Tokarski and Davis Drewiske appearing on it for the last time.

Players on IR don't count on the roster.

Right now, lest I'm mistaken, we have 21 healthy players, basically last game's roster + Bouillon. If Price comes back, it stays at 21 because Tokarski goes away.

But every player that comes back from injury is a +1 (White, Prust, Bournival) and we'll have to remove one guy.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Yup, the 24 guys I mentionned plus Tokarski and Davis Drewiske appearing on it for the last time.

Players on IR don't count on the roster.

Right now, lest I'm mistaken, we have 21 healthy players, basically last game's roster + Bouillon. If Price comes back, it stays at 21 because Tokarski goes away.

But every player that comes back from injury is a +1 (White, Prust, Bournival) and we'll have to remove one guy.

When do the rosters become open? I know it`s after the trade deadline.
But it seems to me it was before the play-offs.

Unless,of course, this has changed with the last CBA.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Price - Budaj (2)

24 players.

Unless somebody else gets hurt, we're looking at another player sent down or moved within a week. And we can't really take anyone back in a move unless we send two guys back. The easy way out would be to send down Bournival. Hamilton would hold a parade. But the kid was told he had made it and frankly didn't do anything to deserve it. Asides, he was awesome with White & Weise.

Second easiest way out would be to ditch Parros...

I'd keep Moen. Perfect guy for the role and the salary.

TofoEmptyNt

Nov 10, 2013
Ontario
Good news - I get to see my Olympic buddies Doughty and Carter again!

Bad news - The Kings handed us our worst thrashing of the season so far.

We did have that sieve Price in net last time, so maybe tonight will be better...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs have found their scoring touch. Galchenyuk is skating as well as I have ever seen. It will come down to goaltending as always.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I really hope our boys are motivated for this one. The Kings totally schooled and embarrassed us last time we met. We need to have that killer instinct and out for vengeance.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Hopefully our defense shows up this game and doesn't let the Kings crash the net at will. Didn't Therrien bench Murray last game for Bouillon or something stupid like that? :shakehead Anyway Tinordi and Murray should help tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad