Proposal: Montreal Buffalo Edmonton

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
In my opinion, Buffalo should give a bit more to Edmonton to even out this deal. Or something better than Beaulieu and a 3rd.

Habs are getting good value and addressing their needs.

If Edmonton was willing to trade RNH + 10ov for 3ov + a 3rd, they and the Habs could just make that deal without Buffalo. And the Habs would get to keep Galchenyuk.

Last edited:

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
This is complete crap. First off, we're giving up the best forward in this deal. Second of all we're not dealing Ryan O'Reilly for a downgrade in Nugent Hopkins and Galchenyuk who isn't a center. Just to get rid of one year of Beaulieu. If we're not getting #3 overall for O'Reilly, this is a laugh and a hang up. Talk about garbage in a return.
lmao okay 2 50ish point players for 1 50is point player is somehow a loss in this guys eyes.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
In my opinion, Buffalo should give a bit more to Edmonton to even out this deal. Or something better than Beaulieu and a 3rd.

If Edmonton was willing to trade RNH + 10ov for 3ov + a 3rd, they and the Habs could just make that deal without Buffalo. And the Habs would get to keep Galchenyuk.
Why??? Why do the Oilers do that? Let's be clear on this. The Oilers are not rebuilding. The Oilers are not looking to trade away players (ACTUAL NHL PLAYERS) to move up in the draft. They are looking to deal the 10 oa FOR LEGIT NHL players who can help right now.
Also note: Edmonton is not looking for your 3rd and 4th liners or depth defenseman for the 10 OA. They'll package accordingly but they are looking for players to improve their line up.
Enough with this crap.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Why??? Why do the Oilers do that? Let's be clear on this. The Oilers are not rebuilding. The Oilers are not looking to trade away players (ACTUAL NHL PLAYERS) to move up in the draft. They are looking to deal the 10 oa FOR LEGIT NHL players who can help right now.
Also note: Edmonton is not looking for your 3rd and 4th liners or depth defenseman for the 10 OA. They'll package accordingly but they are looking for players to improve their line up.
Enough with this crap.

I'm not suggesting they do. Read my comment again because you missed the point.

Hint: optimal word is 'If'

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Enough with this crap.

The point of his post I think was that he doesn't think the oilers would move nuge+10th for 3rd ov+ scraps and thus buffalo likely needs to add something because if that could be done then the Habs and oilers would just cut out buffalo.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Been there, done that. This is EXACTLY what Buffalo should do. Why should they stock on picks? They already have the 1OA with Dahlin, Eichel as their #1 and a pretty young core group who’s potential is immense.

They definitely don’t need draft picks but rather young vets who could support that young core and still be relevant when Eichel/Stats/Rein/Nylander/Dahlin enter their prime.
Worked out well the last time they tried to speed things up didn't it?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Habs are not interested in the OP's proposal and the Habs are sure as hell not trading the 3rdOA for RNH and Velano.
Habs pass on both ,Keep the Pick and draft Zadina.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad