Post-Game Talk: MONtreal Blows it gainst Columbus. Cannon fores 6 times in loss.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Best kind of loss. Dumb giveaways, mistakes, and bounces. Exactly the kind of crap you can fix moving forward. Last night's game is a teachable moment on what NOT to do. I'd rather see that than watch the kids play their hearts out and not make mistakes, but get nowhere.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Frustrating game to watch for me. There is a trend lately with turnovers at bad times.

However, this is all part of our growing pains and yeah, I rather have a pick from 5-8 vs 9-16.

The struggle is real... I want the Habs to be entertaining and win but I want our pick to be no worse than 7th or 8th.

Reactions: habsfan891

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Honestly, I am all for high scoring games in which we lose. We slide down the standings and hopefully the points boost player value for the guys we want to trade.....

More of that please.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Was a disappointing one but a mentioned, kids will make mistakes and I rather have St Louis and his patience and willingness to teach than say Julien who would just bench them.

Spot on! MSL will look at some of the key turnovers at bad times and review this with the group behind the scenes. Therriern/Julien/Ducharme would call them out to the media after the game.

.450%... here we come! 7th or 8th pick. Cross your fingers we get lucky in the lottery. This could be a very good season where we make games in development on the NHL roster and we also get another gem in the draft.

Reactions: BLONG7

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Honestly, I am all for high scoring games in which we lose. We slide down the standings and hopefully the points boost player value for the guys we want to trade.....

More of that please.

In terms of player values that we would trade... guys like Dvorak, Anderson, Monahan, Gallagher, Hoffman, Dadonov played well.

Personally, I'm not sure other teams scouts and managers fall into the trap. They are likely monitoring their play in several games... games against good teams and bad teams.

However, I rather see them perform well than not. Very curious to see what Hughes does from now till deadline

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
CBJ is terrible...they still beat us.

At least it was entertaining and finally the 4th line looked good .

Back to .500
They were also missing 7-8 regular guys...........................
We had a ton of chances, and couldn't bury them...............the D was shaky, and Monty was back to his play from last season......
The boys did not bring their A game, unless you like the way they drive the Tank....

Spot on! MSL will look at some of the key turnovers at bad times and review this with the group behind the scenes. Therriern/Julien/Ducharme would call them out to the media after the game.

.450%... here we come! 7th or 8th pick. Cross your fingers we get lucky in the lottery. This could be a very good season where we make games in development on the NHL roster and we also get another gem in the draft.
Pretty sure this..........is where we are heading.
There will be gains, but as much as I dislike them losing, we need another big time pick in 23

Reactions: zx81

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
In terms of player values that we would trade... guys like Dvorak, Anderson, Monahan, Gallagher, Hoffman, Dadonov played well.

Personally, I'm not sure other teams scouts and managers fall into the trap. They are likely monitoring their play in several games... games against good teams and bad teams.

However, I rather see them perform well than not. Very curious to see what Hughes does from now till deadline
Well said. For the first time, Dadonov played at a level that made him an effective offensive player in the past. He looked faster, more engaged and more impactful that during any previous game. If he can maintain that level of play its not too far a stretch to see a playoff bound team that is seeking some offensive depth to come calling with a mid level draft pick in hand. Hoffman is strange player and a different situation. If he continues to show the offensive flair that he has demonstrated over the past several game, he may garner a higher return than many here think. Dvorak, Anderson and Monahan, are at a different level both respect to their talent and marketability. Each should (will) secure a much more substantive return. Regrettably, Gallagher, as a consequence of his rapidly fading abilities and bloated contract , is largely untradable.

Reactions: Yoor

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
what about Savard and Harris.... totally pathetic tonight too, even with the Harris goal he was still brutal. Team just didn't look prepared to play, looked lost in the neutral zone too. Whatevs , rematch in a week
Yeah agreed. I complimented Savard the other night and he decided to turn into last-year Savard the last two games.

Reactions: Runner77

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
CBJ is terrible...they still beat us.

At least it was entertaining and finally the 4th line looked good .

Back to .500
I believe Habs are 1OA in the NHL for a high danger chances surrendered - they’ve been top-5 all season…

As Mike Johnson said Habs get stuck in their zone a lot, and when the other team is capable of cycling, they have a hard time getting the puck off them

Reactions: Runner77 and BLONG7

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Entertaining game and a regulation loss to boot!!! Fantastic

Have a feeling Wifi will be sent down when Matheson is ready to go

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
They looked like a different team last night, any chance the NHL grind is starting to affect some of the rookies? Or just chalk if off as a bad game just seemed as if the decision making and passing out of their own zone wasn't sharp. Wonder if nerves are setting in with the impending l return of Matheson?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I think Savard just had his worst game as a Hab. It was bound to happen, because he isn't a 23-24 minutes guy and is pushed in that role, but it really wasn't pretty.

Entertaining game and a regulation loss to boot!!! Fantastic

Have a feeling Wifi will be sent down when Matheson is ready to go

Frankly, I'd try a Matheson - Edmundson pairing, whichever plays better on the right on the right.
Xhecaj, Kovacevic and Harris rotating, and Xhecaj with some forward duties if needing. Because Xhecaj was playing pretty good hockey on the left.

Reactions: Benstheman

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Was a disappointing one but a mentioned, kids will make mistakes and I rather have St Louis and his patience and willingness to teach than say Julien who would just bench them.

Sometimes I wonder about that though. Like St Louis is not big on structures. And these are a bunch of young kids. I wouldn't want them to take bad habits and play disjointed because of that lack of structure and act like headless chickens on the ice.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Too much passing, trying to get too fancy last night IMO. On the PP I have noticed that the passes are waaay to telegraphed and the result is they get picked off quite often, move the puck quicker.

Reactions: zx81

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Michael Therrien would make them ALL better people.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
OK, this was a learning game. The first thing I want to say is we beat ourselves.
habs did not play their best game, lots of mistakes and thats what cost the game. They did NOT beat the habs best game, that would scare me. Cut the mistakes in half and habs win the game. How do you learn?? by understanding the mistakes and next time remember how to do it right. This is what THIS YEARS is all about. Make all your mistakes this year ALL OF THEM and LEARN. We got your backs this year, no matter what.

Reactions: Redux91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad