Post-Game Talk: MONtreal Blows it gainst Columbus. Cannon fores 6 times in loss.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Man I was so worried about tonight , we were playing against the worst NHL team in the league and we still managed to throw that game.

Im really proud of that team , The Bedard race will never be over!
Yeah let’s hope our young guys regress and look like they did tonight all year right?

What an odd thing to say after a loss to Columbus, 4 points from the bottom 3 and over 60 games left to play.

The dream is over? I feel like you're dreaming we're a contender.
And you’re dreaming if you think we’ll get Bedard 😂. Hope and pray for the injury record again. They won’t win much but they aren’t the worst

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
Yeah let’s hope our young guys regress and look like they did tonight all year right?

And you’re dreaming if you think we’ll get Bedard 😂. Hope and pray for the injury record again. They won’t win much but they aren’t the worst

Yeah, I'll hope for the losses thanks. I'm tired of the hoping we win enough to limp into the playoffs just to get exposed. I want better. The only way to do that is to draft at the top for a minute. Colorado did that and now look at them. It's our turn to do what we haven't done for decades.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
What a gross game. Outplayed them all night I thought, end up losing 6-4 and giving up 1000 breakaways.

Tankers who were worried forgot just how bad Monty can be.

Caufield's most frustrating game to me in a Habs uni tonight. Bobbling the puck, missing open nets, terrible coverage on the Jenner goal.

what about Savard and Harris.... totally pathetic tonight too, even with the Harris goal he was still brutal. Team just didn't look prepared to play, looked lost in the neutral zone too. Whatevs , rematch in a week

Reactions: rik schau

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Welp... looks like the grind is setting in. One line cannot continue to carry the entire team. Other needs to step up. I did think that Anderson's line played relatively well so maybe couple more games and they might start putting a few pucks in.

What the hell happened to Savard? Holy jeezus... let's hope he just had a night off. I do like the big puck swallowing marshmallow... but man... tonight was an absolute train wreck.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Congrats to Slaf for his first NHL assist.
He is going to he a handful very soon for NHL Dmen. You can just see it.
Big dude... just need to get some man strength... and some boxing lessons

Looks like I missed an exciting loss
You know... there is always on-demand somewhere you can find and watch the whole thing... it's was almost comical at times... you'll laugh

Reactions: habsfan891

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
He has 31 goals and 51 pts in his last 54 games. You're going to have a hard time convincing anyone that Caufield is not a 1st liner...
I don't look at stats over the course of two seasons. I do believe CC will be a legit first liner by the time he's 23 like Suzuki is. I just don't see him as play driver atm but more of a pure sniper.

I remember when Galchenyuk was a first liner too....

Suzuki is an all situation play driver. PK, PP, EV, OT just solid all around with ridiculous hockey IQ. Even when he's slumping he's good.

I love CC and was very high on him in Wisconsin and when he had 1 goal last year. He's just not there yet for me.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't look at stats over the course of two seasons. I do believe CC will be a legit first liner by the time he's 23 like Suzuki is. I just don't see him as play driver atm but more of a pure sniper.

Suzuki is an all situation play driver. PK, PP, EV, OT just solid all around with ridiculous hockey IQ. Even when he's slumping he's good.

I love CC and was very high on him last year in Wisconsin and when he had 1 goal last year. He's just not there yet for me.
Galchenyuk had one ridiculous stretch, CC's is a lot more longer. They aren't comparable players, CC is a first liner but people should relax with the 50+ goals assumption. His next contract will be interesting, can't really say he deserves a lot more than Suzuki if at all.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Galchenyuk had one ridiculous stretch, CC's is a lot more longer. They aren't comparable players, CC is a first liner but people should relax with the 50+ goals assumption. His next contract will be interesting, can't really say he deserves a lot more than Suzuki if at all.
I think he's benefitting more from playing with Suzuki than vice-versa. His next contract depends on how he finishes the year but I don't see him making Suzuki money.

Reactions: Mr Mom

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think he's benefitting more from playing with Suzuki than vice-versa. His next contract depends on how he finishes the year but I don't see him making Suzuki money.
I think his speed, skill, and IQ are a massive threat and make him a 1st liner. Galchenyuk only had skill and his shot was not as good as CCs/

Reactions: Gravity and dcyhabs

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

I love CC and was very high on him in Wisconsin and when he had 1 goal last year. He's just not there yet for me.

You don't need to be a play driver to be a 1st liner. Matthews, Pacioretty, Debrincat, Stamkos, etc. are not play drivers. You also don't need to play the pk to be a 1st liner (see Kucherov, Kane, Matthews, Mackinnon, etc.).

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Glad I chose sleep over that!

What a bunch of absolute (insert semi-random noun here, but preferably helmets).

You Canadians and especially @Runner77 - know what a helmet is in the insults lexicon, don't you?
Someone explained it a couple of posts later. I can’t believe that jailed driver was able to call the judge a penis head and faced no additional consequences over it. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad