WJC: Montreal and Toronto to Share WJC in 2015 & 2017

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Everyone complaining about ticket prices please note that Toronto offered neither Mini-packages or single tickets.... aka, the 19 games packages sold out. And that is basically with fans only guaranteed to see Canada twice (pre tourney and QF).

Its Montreal that dropped the ball.

Canadian

Mar 1, 2002
Markham, Ontario
Everyone complaining about ticket prices please note that Toronto offered neither Mini-packages or single tickets.... aka, the 19 games packages sold out.

Actually, I am fairly certain that the Toronto Packages are not sold out yet. If you log into the IIHF World Junior Championship (Toronto Online) Ticket Manager on Ticketmaster, you will see that you can still purchase the package for all 19 games. As an attempt to see what was still available, I was able to find packages still available for most sections (Platinum Side+End, Gold Side, Red, Blue, Standing, etc.). The only section that appeared to be fully occupied (based on the sections that I checked) was Purple.

In my opinion, while Toronto has had considerably stronger sales, the reason why organizers have not made mini-packages or single game tickets available yet in Toronto is because they are holding out to sell some more or what is remaining of the Toronto Packages (19 Games). With the hoopla about to build with the announcement of Team Canada's Selection Camp roster tomorrow, attention on the 2015 IIHF WJC will only increase in the city, hence potentially more package sales.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I love the WJR's as much as anyone but the prices have gotten crazy. It use to be about an average person being about to see a game. No average person could afford this. Nuts!

Pgust

Nov 19, 2013
Stockholm
Hmm.. Me and a couple of friends thought about traveling away for christmas and new years eve, the cheapest tickets I could find costs about 1000 american dollars but the flight will take ages (27,5 h). Hotels seems cheap as fudge though if I book over at Hotels.com

I rather spend my holiday watching hockey and be abroad than being with a bunch of old people and other relatives :D

Edit: waaait, group B plays in Toronto?

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I love the WJR's as much as anyone but the prices have gotten crazy. It use to be about an average person being about to see a game. No average person could afford this. Nuts!

Yeah, hockey games in Canada have become a one game a year deal for most people. Usually having to do with a birthday or special occasion. :laugh:

darrenturcotte#8

Sep 17, 2006
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to sell some early round games as I won't get into town until 12/28.

SECTION: 120 Row 24 (Blueline)

Dec. 19:
Canada vs. Russia- $125/seat

Fri. Dec. 26:
1:00 p.m. - Russia vs. Denmark - $60/seat
5:00 p.m. - Czech Republic vs. Sweden - $60/seat

Sat. Dec. 27:
1:00 p.m. - Sweden vs. Denmark - $60/seat
5:00 p.m. - Switzerland vs. Czech Republic - $50/seat

Sun. Dec. 28:
5:00 p.m. - Russia vs. Switzerland - $60/seat

I think these prices are very fair. Please email me at [email protected]

Craven

Dec 27, 2013
Canada
Does anybody remember when the ticket exchange was up for Edmonton/Calgary? I'm starting to think that they're stalling on having it go live to prevent competition as people will definitely be selling their excess tickets cheaper.

master4071

Nov 30, 2011
How to watch WJC in Europe via internet?

Is there any site when you can buy subscription like GCL or something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad