WJC: Montreal and Toronto to Share WJC in 2015 & 2017

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Ken Campbell ‏@THNKenCampbell 2m
According to source, Hockey Canada to announce tomorrow World Juniors to Toronto and Montreal in 2015 and 2017. Both cities host both years.

I was just about open my own thread on this... u beat me to it. It's been a few years since I've been to the WJs.... I think I may take in the 2015 one. Since it will be McDavid's tournament.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 1h
MTL will host preliminary round and TOR the medal round in 2015. Then it reverses in 2017 with MTL getting medal round and TOR preliminary.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Can you imagine what the ticket prices will be... :cry:

The two biggest cities in Canada. Hockey Canada will be printing money.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Can you imagine what the ticket prices will be... :cry:

The two biggest cities in Canada. Hockey Canada will be printing money.

TSN will be drooling over this pairing. LOTS of TV coverage.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I heard you can sign up in an online lottery through hockey Canada for tickets. Anyone have a link for this?

Good luck, buddy...

After the Corporations take their share and the season ticket holders for the Leafs and Canadiens grab what they can, there will be a few thousand seats left for hundreds of thousand of people who sign up.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Good luck, buddy...

After the Corporations take their share and the season ticket holders for the Leafs and Canadiens grab what they can, there will be a few thousand seats left for hundreds of thousand of people who sign up.
I realize these tournaments are completley different but I remember a few days before the Canada/Russia Round Robin game of the 2004 World Cup of Hockey, I was able to get tickets on Ticketmaster in the red seats of the Air Canada Centre right behind the net. I had assumed the game would have been sold out by then, so that was complete surprise getting tickets that late.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Good luck, buddy...

If you want to go to non-Canada games, I'm sure they will be tickets-a-plenty. When it was in Ottawa, there was an online ticket exchange where people who had to buy packages to get Canada games could offload the other games. There were great prices for great seats to be had. It's a great tournament and everyone who is a hockey fan should take advantage of the opportunity regardless of the teams on the ice.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
McDavid will dominate this tournament like we haven't seen in a long time, and having it in Habsville and LeafTown, oh boy will this tournament break records. $Ka-Ching$

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I realize these tournaments are completley different but I remember a few days before the Canada/Russia Round Robin game of the 2004 World Cup of Hockey, I was able to get tickets on Ticketmaster in the red seats of the Air Canada Centre right behind the net. I had assumed the game would have been sold out by then, so that was complete surprise getting tickets that late.

I was at that game, too. Took my dad. Set me back $500. :)

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
McDavid will dominate this tournament like we haven't seen in a long time, and having it in Habsville and LeafTown, oh boy will this tournament break records. $Ka-Ching$

we'll see...barzal is also looking extremely promising. The '15 squad might end up being epic - this is a deep draft year, especially for the CHL...and those kids (who haven't made the NHL) will be in their 19 year old year. Next year looks decent, too - not high profile like this draft year is - but certainly a bunch of players who would be promising for WJC as 18 year olds...and then you add McDavid, potentially Barzal - and who knows who we're not thinking about right now but floors us.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I guess this is perfect for Canada, playing on the smaller ice, they weren't so succesful och the big ice.

I have a hard time understanding why anybody from Sweden or A Swedish fan in Bloomfield Hills, MI. can find the time to critique Team Canada's record at the U20, given Sweden's track record at the U20 is less than impressive on big ice and small.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I have a hard time understanding why anybody from Sweden or A Swedish fan in Bloomfield Hills, MI. can find the time to critique Team Canada's record at the U20, given Sweden's track record at the U20 is less than impressive on big ice and small.

Sweden's development program has really turned around and they do quite well internationally right now. They made the gold medal match two consecutive years now...while Canada is sliding in the opposite direction (including missing the medals altogether with their 'Dream Team').

Hockey Canada could probably learn something from Sweden...and improve on their own incompetent scouting and direction.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Sweden's development program has really turned around and they do quite well internationally right now. They made the gold medal match two consecutive years now...while Canada is sliding in the opposite direction (including missing the medals altogether with their 'Dream Team').

Hockey Canada could probably learn something from Sweden...and improve on their own incompetent scouting and direction.

I'm fully aware of Sweden's recent record at the juniors. 2 gold medals in 30 + years 1 on big ice and one on small ice....2 consecutive appearances in the gold medal game... very nice but less than stellar and doesn't really compare to our 10 consecutive gold medal appearances 2002-11 on big ice and small 15 gold in 30 + years on big ice and small.

If somebody wants to take a shot, better know the score.

And everybody can learn a thing or two from the other... did I say we couldn't or didn't need to?... Did I piss you off in one of my posts...because if I did, we can have it out in pm?

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I guess this is perfect for Canada, playing on the smaller ice, they weren't so succesful och the big ice.

Yeah...Canada has won 15 gold medals at wjhc. Seven on small ice, and 8 on big ice.

So .......

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
So I assume the Bell Centre and Air Canada will host the games? If so I think the Canada games will have amazing atmospheres, but some of the others, not so much.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I'm fully aware of Sweden's recent record at the juniors. 2 gold medals in 30 + years 1 on big ice and one on small ice....2 consecutive appearances in the gold medal game... very nice but less than stellar and doesn't really compare to our 10 consecutive gold medal appearances 2002-11 on big ice and small 15 gold in 30 + years on big ice and small.

If somebody wants to take a shot, better know the score.

And everybody can learn a thing or two from the other... did I say we couldn't or didn't need to?... Did I piss you off in one of my posts...because if I did, we can have it out in pm?

No, you did not piss me off. But my point is that it's not a good time to mock Sweden's lack of success at WJC when we are getting worse on a yearly basis and have a federation too incompetent to improve things while they keep getting better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad