WJC: Montreal and Toronto to Share WJC in 2015 & 2017

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

So it looks like Canada/USA might not play at the ACC until the semi-finals? Good thing I bought tickets to see all the Denmark - Switzerland action. Who wants my seats for Group B's prelims?
Section 101, Row 20, Seat 16.

You should go to as many games as you can. It is more fun than you can imagine.

Tyler Biggs*

Love it when the WJHC is played in North America...don't have to get up so early, or stay up so late to watch LOL! GO CANADA GO!

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
A couple of ticket questions from Denmark:

I assume everything is sold out since everything was sold in packages, but since I am interested in Denmarks matches, what do you think it would cost me, and where do I find second hand tickets? Must be loads of people that havent got a clue who we are and find our games against say Switzerland and the Czechs less interesting.

Any links where I can find tickets pretourny? Not sure I would be willing to cross the atlantic and spend a couple of thousands of dollars without actually have any tickets in advance.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen

I assume everything is sold out since everything was sold in packages, but since I am interested in Denmarks matches, what do you think it would cost me, and where do I find second hand tickets? Must be loads of people that havent got a clue who we are and find our games against say Switzerland and the Czechs less interesting.

Any links where I can find tickets pretourny? Not sure I would be willing to cross the atlantic and spend a couple of thousands of dollars without actually have any tickets in advance.

Thank you

Stubhub.com is the main ticket resale site in North America. Your purchases are guaranteed by them.

Beyond that, if ticketmaster is selling the tickets, they have a resale window.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Thank you

You'll be fine, Bagge. I don't recommend buying tickets pre-tournament. If I was you, I would buy tickets on Stub-Hub an hour before the games. For the non Canada/U.S. games, there will be tons on Stub-Hub and you will be able to get them cheap, cheap, cheap.

Anyway, let us know how it plays out.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Especially considering that Denmark's group games are in Toronto and they don't play Canada, I'd have to think that getting tickets to all of their games will be no problem.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
ok, thanks guys. Sounds like I can basically just buy tickets on the same day as the games. I'll be going from December 27th to January 4th and catch the last two groupmatches and (hopefully not, but most likely) the relegation round.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Heading up for 2 USA games. Stubhub currently has tix for $60ish for Finland and $25ish for Germnay. Anyone w experience have an opinion on what those prices will do? Any advice appreciated.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Heading up for 2 USA games. Stubhub currently has tix for $60ish for Finland and $25ish for Germnay. Anyone w experience have an opinion on what those prices will do? Any advice appreciated.

Drop. As more tickets go on line, people will lower their prices. Be patient.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Thx, i'll just keep checking and pick a day to jump. I have no interest in wandering the streets looking to make a deal...too old for that.

When I went to the WJR's in Buffalo, I put all of my U.S. game tickets on Stub-Hub. Most pairs went for less that $20.

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
Any thoughts as to how difficult and expensive the quarterfinal tickets will be? I know it depends on the match up to some extent. I'd be looking to see the US game.

Thanks!

ENTPA55

Oct 17, 2014
Erie
You'll be fine, Bagge. I don't recommend buying tickets pre-tournament. If I was you, I would buy tickets on Stub-Hub an hour before the games. For the non Canada/U.S. games, there will be tons on Stub-Hub and you will be able to get them cheap, cheap, cheap.

Anyway, let us know how it plays out.

Here's a newbie question for the experts....

was lucky enough to win the ticket lottery and subsequently able to get 4 seats on the glass in 109 at ACC for all games there.....we only plan to come up from Erie for the quarters through finals. Considering where the seats are, what would recommendations be for listing trying to sell round robin games? Would you use StubHub or Ticketmaster? Or the ticket exchange recommended by WJC?

Sorry this is my first post, just joined today.
Thanks!

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Here's a newbie question for the experts....

was lucky enough to win the ticket lottery and subsequently able to get 4 seats on the glass in 109 at ACC for all games there.....we only plan to come up from Erie for the quarters through finals. Considering where the seats are, what would recommendations be for listing trying to sell round robin games? Would you use StubHub or Ticketmaster? Or the ticket exchange recommended by WJC?

Sorry this is my first post, just joined today.
Thanks!

Welcome ENTPASS ! Forgive me for the negative tone of my post but I owe you an honest answer...

First, congrats on getting those tickets. The playoff round will be amazing - especially if Canada gets in.

As for exchanging...

I am not sure it matters who you use. There will be a ton of tickets available because, like you, many people will have paid a substantial price for their tickets, will do the math and think :

"I paid how much for a round robin game between Transylvania and Congo ?!?!?! Screw it... I'm selling them to recoup some of my investment."

Unfortunately, that will lead to a flood of ticket on the internet. Anyway, long story short, I've used Stub-Hub and the tickets sold but be prepared for a bit of a haircut - you will understand where they got the term "scalping".

Let us know how it plays out and how much you get. Enjoy the playoffs and good luck!

ENTPA55

Oct 17, 2014
Erie
Welcome ENTPASS ! Forgive me for the negative tone of my post but I owe you an honest answer...

First, congrats on getting those tickets. The playoff round will be amazing - especially if Canada gets in.

As for exchanging...

I am not sure it matters who you use. There will be a ton of tickets available because, like you, many people will have paid a substantial price for their tickets, will do the math and think :

"I paid how much for a round robin game between Transylvania and Congo ?!?!?! Screw it... I'm selling them to recoup some of my investment."

Unfortunately, that will lead to a flood of ticket on the internet. Anyway, long story short, I've used Stub-Hub and the tickets sold - but be prepared for a bit of a haircut. Let us know how it plays out for you and how much you get. Good luck!

I didn't take it in a bad way at all and I appreciate the honesty. I knew what we were getting into buying the tickets and frankly if they didn't sell it will still be worth it to see from the quarter finals on. I'm not looking to recoup the majority of the investment. If there is any saving grace I'm hopeful tickets on the glass at the blue line will at least sell.
Being from Erie we have a "special" reason to want to be at this one ;)

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I didn't take it in a bad way at all and I appreciate the honesty. I knew what we were getting into buying the tickets and frankly if they didn't sell it will still be worth it to see from the quarter finals on. I'm not looking to recoup the majority of the investment. If there is any saving grace I'm hopeful tickets on the glass at the blue line will at least sell.
Being from Erie we have a "special" reason to want to be at this one ;)

Fair enough. :)

I do hope you recoup all of your money, I just felt I owed you the truth. As for McDavid, sadly, you better enjoy him while you can. I doubt you will have him next year - altho, a trip to Buffalo isn't much of a drive. :)

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
What is the attendance from those not from Canada expected to be like? Does anyone from the States or from Scandinavia/Europe plan on coming or know people who are planning it?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
What is the attendance from those not from Canada expected to be like? Does anyone from the States or from Scandinavia/Europe plan on coming or know people who are planning it?
Speaking from the Toronto angle I remember during the 2004 World Cup there was a Round Robin game played at the Air Canada Centre between Russia and Slovakia that was sold out. So I would expected it to be same thing again for the World Junior Round Robin games.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Speaking from the Toronto angle I remember during the 2004 World Cup there was a Round Robin game played at the Air Canada Centre between Russia and Slovakia that was sold out. So I would expected it to be same thing again for the World Junior Round Robin games.

That's pretty cool, it'll definitely just add to the atmosphere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad