OT: Montreal Alouettes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
It was indeed a great season...especially considering the expectations regarding this team. They really gave Alouettes fans a reason to hope again. One thing I will say though, most of the games I saw this year, the defence was quite putrid. They gave up the most passing yards of any team in the CFL...so obviously, it not a giant surprise that Trevor Harris was able to cut that defence up.

Hopefully they can build off of this success, and have an even better season in 2020

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Missed the game due to work. Despite the loss, this was a great year for the Als. A standing ovation is merited.

Here is a bid of Adams Jr. being consoled after the game by Mattie. It may get removed eventually due to an F-bomb in here. But it shows how much it meant for VA and how much teammates appreciate what he did all year.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I hate awards generally, especially those based on discretionary votes. Not a fan of Alfieri either.

But, he's got this one right. Jones deserves recognition. What a job he's done.

Reactions: Vachon23

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I just found my answer. I didn't know Buono was no longer associated with any team.

Checking his twitter profile: "Retired VP, GM, & Head Coach. Hall of Famer, Order of Canada, husband, father, & grandpa."

Experienced guy. He'll easily do a better job than Serge Savard when it comes to recommending a new GM. :D

Last edited:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I just found my answer. I didn't know Buono was no longer associated to any team.

Checking his twitter profile: "Retired VP, GM, & Head Coach. Hall of Famer, Order of Canada, husband, father, & grandpa."

Experienced guy. He'll easily do a better job than Serge Savard when it comes to recommending a new GM. :D

The last time he recommended a GM, it didn’t turn well. Gainey is doing a bad job in BC

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Now that Jones is signed, we know need a GM. My choice would be Danny McManus who has alote of experience and his ready to become GM.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Now that Jones is signed, we know need a GM. My choice would be Danny McManus who has alote of experience and his ready to become GM.

With Jones signed, their attention has turned to the search for a GM.

I am very happy that Jones is coming back. This guy is someone I would go through a wall for if I was one of his players.

Now the key will be to build off last year. Because teams will be more ready for the Als next season.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
With Jones signed, their attention has turned to the search for a GM.

I am very happy that Jones is coming back. This guy is someone I would go through a wall for if I was one of his players.

Now the key will be to build off last year. Because teams will be more ready for the Als next season.

The 5 most importants things to do for the ALS in this Offseason:

1. Hiring the best GM possible with a good staff with him

2. Sell the team

3. Finding pass rush on the market
Sign the best DL available on FA

4. Finding a new DC
Slowik is a good man and I love how he tried but our defence is the reason why lost in playoffs. Especially with Davon Claybrooks available

5. Signing a veteran OL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad