OT: Montreal Alouettes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Long time no see... So what's the PO's format in the CFL? Because from the misery stretches of the past, I wonder how it's now :D

Normally it's the top 3 teams from each division that make the playoffs, but if the 4th place team from one of the divisions has a better record than the 3rd place team from the other division, then there's a "Crossover" and they make the playoffs instead. This will more than likely happen this year as Ottawa would need to win their last 4 games and Edmonton would have to lose their last 3 games for this not to happen. If Edmonton wins any of their last three games or Ottawa loses any of their last 4 games, then the 4th place team from the Western Conference will cross over to the Eastern Conference semi final to play the second place team.

Unless something drastic happens from now till the end of the year, The Alouettes will more than likely be playing the Edmonton Eskimos in the Eastern Semi Final in Montreal with Hamilton awaiting the winner at home for the Eastern Final.

The Western Semi Final is too tight to call right now but I'm betting Winnipeg will be one of the teams and they will be facing either Calgary or Saskatchewan. One of Calgary or Saskatchewan will be awaiting the winner at home for the Western Final.

Reactions: lo striver

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not sure if I ever loved a coach as much as I love Jones. All sports included.

So glad you brought that up. Jones is so likeable and real. His players love him to a fault. Without him, I can't see how they would have done what they have. He's singlehandedly responsible for drawing my attention to the team -- I trust him. Out of the rolling fires and ashes from management and ownership crashing and burning, Jones has managed to lead this team to contention. Hats off to him.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Focusing on the Laval Rocket game. But taking a look at the Als game against the Argos.

Als went up 10-0 and then were down 17-13. Johnson just scored a TD and Als are now up 20-17.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Als win a meaningless game vs Toronto. 27-24

Stanback reached the 1000 yards plateau. Eugene Lewis is close.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Als in Ottawa tonight for the final game of the season before we host the eastern semifinal next week. Let's end on a positive note. Edit: In this wind it should be entertaining

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Zapping IPTV I noticed British BT Sport 1 is broadcasting this MTL @ OTT game. Wonder what the viewership might be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad