Proposal: Montreal _ Anaheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeysla3

Jul 6, 2015
I am wondering if this works.

Montreal:
2020 First round pick
Charles Hudon ( or some similar b-grade prospect)

Anaheim:
Corey Perry (NMC) OR Ryan Getzlaf (NMC)
2019 1st
2019 2nd

Anaheim get 2.5 years of cap relief (8 mil)
Montreal loads up on draft choices..
Maybe perry can be healthy enough to play 3 or 4 C and help the PP?... teach the kids?

Montreal can absord the cap hit for 2 years... maybe
Domi, Armia and Mete need contracts in those 2 years...
Maybe Anaheim retains some salary?

I am curious how ducks fans view perry and getzlaf.
8 mil is a lot of cap space..

doesnt have to be a TDL.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Anaheim giving up its top 4 pick to destroy their retool/rebuild ? & a very high 2nd round pick
Hell No. Anaheim needs its long term replacement for Getzlaf with its top 4 pick, giving that away hurts them massively.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Montreal:
2020 First round pick

Anaheim:
2019 1st
2019 2nd

Maybe perry can be healthy enough to play 3 or 4 C and help the PP?... teach the kids?

doesnt have to be a TDL.
Wait you want us to trade getzlaf for cap relief? lol

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
First of all, neither of those would waive their NMC to go to MTL, second of all giving up a high pick to move Perry (Getzlaf is not bad) makes no sense right now.

I didn't even notice the "maybe Anaheim retains some salary".... get the hell out of here with that.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Montreal:
2020 First round pick

Anaheim:
2019 1st
2019 2nd

doesnt have to be a TDL.
This is pretty bad tbh.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
We aren't giving up a potential top 3 pick for cap relief, especially when you suggest Getz as a cap dump. It's just 2 years left for Perry, not bad enough to use a top 3 pick to get rid of.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So basicly Montreal gets possibly Jack Hughes with the Ducks 2019 1st round pick & Ryan Getzlaf & surrenders only Hudon & its 2020 1st. Montreal getting Hughes + Getzlaf means that 2020 1st is a late pick. Basicly Montreal becomes a cup contender in 2020.

inxs

Jun 13, 2011
The first player on Anaheim to move is Kesler. But to move him, you need a bad contract to rebuy the new acquisition like Alzner. (bad contract vs bad contract)

Kesler and Jacob Larsson vs Alzner, Hudon and Peca.

Montreal keep Kesler (1 year and rebuy) Larsson is the key player and Anaheim rebuy Alzner and save alot of money

Reactions: Getz2perry

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The first player on Anaheim to move is Kesler. But to move him, you need a bad contract to rebuy the new acquisition like Alzner. (bad contract vs bad contract)

Kesler and Jacob Larsson vs Alzner, Hudon and Peca.

Montreal keep Kesler and Anaheim rebuy Alzner and save alot of money
That's much more realistic then whatever that 1st poster was talking about.

Reactions: Chr1s97

mikeysla3

Jul 6, 2015
Anaheim giving up its top 4 pick to destroy their retool/rebuild ? & a very high 2nd round pick
Hell No. Anaheim needs its long term replacement for Getzlaf with its top 4 pick, giving that away hurts them massively.

So less about the value of Perry or getzlaf and more about the value of the pick(s)?
Rebuild could benefit from the 1st rounder going back as well?

So then I guess a better question would be "how desperate" is Anaheim to shed salary?
Getzlaf, Perry and Kesler count 20% of the cap. None of the 3 are producing in their current roles/career position etc...

What would be the value of cap relief? ... remember its 2+ years of cap relief - in the UNLIKELY case where they would waive their NMC.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I dont get how forum posters can understand so little about hockey to make these type of proposals tbh.

OP clearly is a hockey fan, he took the time to make an acc on a hockey board.. but then you get these god awful threads. Doesn't make much sense to me.

For example. since when is Getzlaf = Perry? Cmon buddy..

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So less about the value of Perry or getzlaf and more about the value of the pick(s)?
Rebuild could benefit from the 1st rounder going back as well?

So then I guess a better question would be "how desperate" is Anaheim to shed salary?
Getzlaf, Perry and Kesler count 20% of the cap. None of the 3 are producing in their current roles/career position etc...

What would be the value of cap relief? ... remember its 2+ years of cap relief - in the UNLIKELY case where they would waive their NMC.
Not desperate really at all.

Getzlaf isn't going to be moved as cap relief, I mean last saeason he was a 1.09 ppg… hes still a very good player and if he was moved wed be getting legit pieces back not giving up a potential top 5 pick.

Perry still has a great hockey IQ and can be effective around the net, hes overpaid by a couple mil but I assume if we retrained on him, and took a cap dump back of some sort we can still get positive value on the trade, no reason to give up our 1st and 2nd to move him.

Kesler… there is a good chance he ends up on LTIR, if he doesn't we can just use him as a 4c, until his contract is up

We don't really have any contracts that need to be signed soon, and if were going through a rebuild/retool those contracts wont really matter much. Def not desperate to move them to the point wed add our 1st.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I dont get how forum posters can understand so little about hockey to make these type of proposals tbh.

OP clearly is a hockey fan, he took the time to make an acc on a hockey board.. but then you get these god awful threads. Doesn't make much sense to me.

People on this board are way too homer. Most don't give a shit what other team needs or what's fair. It's always been like this.

DOCHockeyGuy

Jan 8, 2019
Wisconsin

Montreal:
2020 First round pick

Anaheim:
2019 1st
2019 2nd

doesnt have to be a TDL.
I read this 7 times to be sure and this is the worst trade I’ve seen on here. I’m not sure it’s close either

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This goes beyond being a homer.. this is essentially a top 5 draft pick + an early 2nd + Getzlaf for a ~20-30 pick.
I love how getzlaf is still .75 ppg player right now on a terrible ducks team and was 1.09 ppg player last season... but now is a cap dump worth a lottery pick :P

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

He might be a hockey fan, but I don't even think he knows who those players are. He talks about Perry playing as their 3C

Im reasonably sure he realized where our pick was liable to be then randomly picked 2 over 30 high contract dollar names from CapFriendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad