Post-Game Talk: Montreal 6- Oilers 2 but of French.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Posted this in the game thread but feel it fits here.

Habs and their fans today

472js2.png

You should be here in Montreal. Hearing a full throated version of the Goodbye song outside and getting chirped by Habs fans in the elevator back up my room at the hotel.

Makes me hate this town even more than I already did.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The other thing is he absolutely locked it down after the third goal and gave them an opportunity to win the game in the third (which he did).

Should be around 2 starts for every 1 start Stu gets the rest of the reason.

Campbell is the starter

Skinner was brutal today. Let in 3 awful goals. Team in front sucked as well with Bouchard and Draisaitl leading the way.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I can get on board. But would prefer the equation to be at least 3:1 ratio :)

Campbell has turned the corner. Run with that man

Full props to skinner for his play Early in the season. He’s a big reason we are even in this position. The man stepped up.
Yep, Skinner is going to be bona fide starter in the league. Don't want to burden him too much in his rookie season.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I can get on board. But would prefer the equation to be at least 3:1 ratio :)

Campbell has turned the corner. Run with that man

Full props to skinner for his play Early in the season. He’s a big reason we are even in this position. The man stepped up.

Stu was awesome at holding the fort when Campbell struggled to get used to playing for a new team (often understated with new goalies IMO). He earned the All Star vote / attendance but cracks had started to show. Maybe it’s the new baby that has him distracted (and being away)?

Reactions: bellagiobob

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Draisaitl having his usual December performance except in February now. Disappointing loss considering how tight the division is

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Noticed for the last little while that we are getting hemmed in way too much in our own zone. Teams have their dmen pinching hard against us.

Would help if Woody the Moron Coach didn’t have our forwards flying the zone for the long chip play leaving the D’s asses hanging out half the time. Zero support back there too often.

Woody can piss up a rope already.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
You should be here in Montreal. Hearing a full throated version of the Goodbye song outside and getting chirped by Habs fans in the elevator back up my room at the hotel.

Makes me hate this town even more than I already did.

Montreal is like any decent European city except ordered from Wish. Overrated. I know people here hate Leafs and their fans but I honestly hate the Habs and their fans as much if not more. At least Leafs fans admit when their team sucks (even if they get obnoxious when their team is doing better right after). Habs fans are literally that meme. Kucherov is a douche but I laughed my ass off when he trolled them in the Finals they didn’t deserve to be at

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Tell them well shut off the transfer payments if they keep it up.

We should anyway.

Montreal is like any decent European city except ordered from Wish. Overrated. I know people here hate Leafs and their fans but I honestly hate the Habs and their fans as much if not more. At least Leafs fans admit when their team sucks (even if they get obnoxious when their team is doing better right after). Habs fans are literally that meme. Kucherov is a douche but I laughed my ass off when he trolled them in the Finals they didn’t deserve to be at

I hate Montreals f***ing fans. Asshole must be French for Habs Fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Stu was awesome at holding the fort when Campbell struggled to get used to playing for a new team (often understated with new goalies IMO). He earned the All Star vote / attendance but cracks had started to show. Maybe it’s the new baby that has him distracted (and being away)?
Yeah he just isn’t ready for the workload yet and that’s ok. He will be a starter in the next two ish years. He’s got the potential.

New baby def can be a factor. My wife is pregnant right now but we aren’t past the first trimester yet. I’d be lying if I said my brain was fully into my work. Kids (unborn) and newly born take up a huge space in your brain

Love the city personally but yes. Insufferable fans as I mentioned in the GDT.

Ole ole ole ole.

Ugh. Good grief.

The worst is when they come into the Edmonton rink and pull that chant.

Go watch soccer…

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Meh points in 11 straight games back to back morning games and Super Bowl Sunday. Park it and move on to the next one this was a scheduled loss considering the numbers at play here . IMO The odds were stacked highly against the oilers no matter who they were playing.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Meh points in 11 straight games back to back morning games and Super Bowl Sunday. Park it and move on to the next one this was a scheduled loss considering the numbers at play here . IMO The odds were stacked highly against the oilers no matter who they were playing.
Good post and spot on. Effort sucked but I expected it.

Bouch needs to get his head out of his ass though…

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011

Yeah, that’s kind of my feeling about this game too. Losing badly to a bad team should be a motivator as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad