Post-Game Talk: Montreal 6- Oilers 2 but of French.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
5/8 points on a road trip isn't bad.
But playing the 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 26th place teams, 5/8 points is pretty underwhelming, regardless if it's their 4th game in 6 days. I didn't expect them to take all eight points but 6 was there for the taking. Every point matters now.

Another reason to hate the NHL schedule, maybe if they visited these cities more than once a year as a team, they'd be less interested in the night life.

Last edited:

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
5/8 points on a road trip isn't bad.
But playing the 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 26th place teams, 5/8 points is pretty underwhelming, regardless if it's their 4th game in 6 days.

Another reason to hate the NHL schedule, maybe if they visited these cities more than once a year as a team, they'd be less interested in the night life.

Yeah superbowl sunday in another City, easy to mentally check out for this one.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Of course Seattle came back against Philly. It's not over yet but not looking like a great day on the OOT scoreboard

Reactions: Ginger Papa

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Back to the drawing board. Hopefully these last few games shows management and coaching what we lack as a team heading into the deadline.
I agree with you but I also want to add that they should already know at this point and didn’t need another display like this to confirm it. The issue is for them to get on with making it happen.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Posted this in the game thread but feel it fits here.

Habs and their fans today

472js2.png

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Embarrassing effort unfortunately taints the road trip. Five points out of four games against bottom feeders isn’t good enough at this point in the stretch run. At least Holland can hopefully see what the cracks are in the lineup and isn’t under any illusion that this is a championship calibre team.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Team loss.

Desharnais looked like the best Oiler... which is probably not a good sign if Desharnais is the best Oiler.

2 days off and then it's home to wipe out Detroit.

I expect a BIG bounceback game in that one. It's the way the team responds to games like this that shows if this team has true compete/heart/desire. Don't let this game become the start of an extended downtrend... move on, play hard in the next one and start a new streak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad