Post-Game Talk: Montreal 3 Detroit 2: a forward finally scores

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Team needs an all day practice on how to pass pucks and any player that does a blind back pass needs to do 200 push ups.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
boring game. A tough upcoming schedule which will probably convince Berge what to do at the TD depending on how well we do.
He’s already mentioned that he’s not a buyer and if the right deal came around for a vet he’ll pull the trigger.

He said himself that acquiring a player will not put them over the top.

Take it for what it’s worth

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He’s already mentioned that he’s not a buyer and if the right deal came around for a vet he’ll pull the trigger.

Are you sure he said that he was open to trading for a vet? I was under the impression that he said he would be open to trading away a vet, if the right deal came along. He's looking for long-term assets, so someone younger. Of course, you can always find a "vet" who entered the league at 18 and somehow is available at say age 24 or 25.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

I was referring to his decision to sell off vets. No matter what he says, as long as we are in the running for a PO spot, we wont sell off any vets that have value. But, if we start struggling with the tough upcoming schedule, I could see Berge selling off some valuable pieces like Shaw and maybe even Tatar.

Reactions: jaffy27

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
The other day Julien said most of his players were injured. Boy does it show. They play like they are really beat up. Not having top scorters also push these guys beyond their limits. When Domi stopped scoring, you saw a serious dropin the team. How could we get a top scorer, they don't grow on threes. Panarin as a rental at the deadline, maybe?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Are you sure he said that he was open to trading for a vet? I was under the impression that he said he would be open to trading away a vet, if the right deal came along. He's looking for long-term assets, so someone younger. Of course, you can always find a "vet" who entered the league at 18 and somehow is available at say age 24 or 25.

As per Gagnon this morning.....his words, not mine :)

Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The other day Julien said most of his players were injured. Boy does it show. They play like they are really beat up. Not having top scorters also push these guys beyond their limits. When Domi stopped scoring, you saw a serious dropin the team. How could we get a top scorer, they don't grow on threes. Panarin as a rental at the deadline, maybe?
The Draft

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Didn't watch the game so what looked worse tonight? Drouin or the Habs PP or did both look equally terrible again tonight.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I laugh at all the dorks on the mainboard that scoff at petry. Guy ain't perfect but hes become a prototypical new nhl first pairing dman

It’s mostly Toronto fans. They have a terrible blueline yet no defenseman is good enough to play for them.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

That would not be wise. Panarin is already linked to the rangers. Only way you make this move is if the habs were a piece or two from the Cup, which is certainly not the case here.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I suspect the same is true of most NHL teams. Heck, the Bruins had 5 of their regulars Dmen actually out for games at some point. Teams have played over 40 games of hockey in 3 months, that's almost one game very 2 nights on average, in a physical sport. So ya, normal and that's why you have teams that can keep up with effort earlier in the season but as fatigue starts to kick in, talent becomes so much more important.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad