OT: Montréal Impact Thread: We like Orji(s) edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
in france and the united kingdom the second professional league is rugby and there is a lot of good attendance (especially in france)
in france handball also attracts more and more people

PS:
it's my first message here but i've been coming to this site for many years and i've been reading you
i hesitated to register for a long time because if i read very well and understand english it is more complicated for me to write and discuss without making possible mistakes
my favorite sport is hockey but as almost all french i like football (well soccer for you)
i live in the french alps in Grenoble which is less than an hour'drive from Lyon,my favorite club here is OM and on course being a supporter of the canadiens i also became interested in l impact
anyway if one day you have any questions about french football i can be there for answers you ( i come regularly but not every day either :))

Bienvenue!

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's just disappointing that it's a long run thing for IMFC, but not for Atlanta, LAFC, etc.
You absolutely CAN accelerate the process of course, having big money to spend and most importantly being smart with it will do that. Setting up a good scouting and development system is another. Sadly this hasn't been the M.O for this organization up to now so they're basically starting from scratch.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
in france and the united kingdom the second professional league is rugby and there is a lot of good attendance (especially in france)

PS:
it's my first message here but i've been coming to this site for many years and i've been reading you
i hesitated to register for a long time because if i read very well and understand english it is more complicated for me to write and discuss without making possible mistakes
my favorite sport is hockey but as almost all french i like football (well soccer for you)
i live in the french alps in Grenoble which is less than an hour'drive from Lyon,my favorite club here is OM and on course being a supporter of the canadiens i also became interested in l impact
anyway if one day you have any questions about french football i can be there for answers you ( i come regularly but not every day either :))

Can you find a No 10 for us? Thanks.

Bienvenue!

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

PS:
Welcome to the thread. Feel free to call it football as well, were not degenerates here.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

PS:

Welcome to the thread, buddy!
Cool to see more people reading this than we may think.

Falcao will be an Inter Miami player starting next year, many sources confirmed. Great profile obviously, just hope he stays with the NT for one more year and get rid of that sh*tt* defensive coach destroying his legacy. Columbus Crew are also interested, he's been linked to Columbus for 4 years (He is great friends with Higuain).
He's for sure coming to MLS, Idk about Miami. I think we should try to go after him.. Seriously.

Sucks that tonight's game is at the same time as Canada's

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Welcome to the thread, buddy!
Cool to see more people reading this than we may think.

Falcao will be an Inter Miami player starting next year, many sources confirmed. Great profile obviously, just hope he stays with the NT for one more year and get rid of that sh*tt* defensive coach destroying his legacy. Columbus Crew are also interested, he's been linked to Columbus for 4 years (He is great friends with Higuain).
He's for sure coming to MLS, Idk about Miami. I think we should try to go after him.. Seriously.

Sucks that tonight's game is at the same time as Canada's

IMFC plays at an odd time, 6pm, and Canada starts one hour later. It’s ok I guess

Reactions: ArtPeur

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Welcome to the thread. Feel free to call it football as well, were not degenerates here.

PS:
welcome mon ami

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
IMFC plays at an odd time, 6pm, and Canada starts one hour later. It’s ok I guess

Ah, that's pretty cool then.

Not sure what he implies as Gilmore has nothing to do with it.

Anyways , when im being serious and not trolling, I've always said if he goes back to Europe (Ligue 1), it would be insanely beneficial for his growth as a player. I dont get ppl who want him to stay.. He is the same player he was once he came here. Now maybe de Rossi rumors make more sense

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Ah, that's pretty cool then.

Not sure what he implies as Gilmore has nothing to do with it.

Anyways , when im being serious and not trolling, I've always said if he goes back to Europe (Ligue 1), it would be insanely beneficial for his growth as a player. I dont get ppl who want him to stay.. He is the same player he was once he came here. Now maybe de Rossi rumors make more sense

Well, Gilmore is the link between Saputo and the Sporting staff. He needs to convince Saputo to spend on players. Piette is much more than a good MLS defensive mid for the Impact, he's a local face, he's great on social media, he's the captain. He's worth a lot more to the Impact than to probably any team in the world. Gilmore needs to make that clear to Saputo.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Well, Gilmore is the link between Saputo and the Sporting staff. He needs to convince Saputo to spend on players. Piette is much more than a good MLS defensive mid for the Impact, he's a local face, he's great on social media, he's the captain. He's worth a lot more to the Impact than to probably any team in the world. Gilmore needs to make that clear to Saputo.

Hes replaceable on field though.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
2-1 Atlanta

Gressel x2

Also, if you want a good laugh...

''
Revenge is a dish best served French

Atlanta United will welcome the Montreal Impact to Mercedes Benz Stadium in a battle of second vs. fourth. The teams’ places in the table comes with the caveat that Atlanta has played three fewer games than the Impact and frankly it is a little inexplicable that Montreal should be as close to the top of the conference given their uneven performances.
By uneven... I mean it’s almost inexplicable that they have won any games at all this year. The Impact have had ugly losses to Sporting KC (7-1 while SKC was in the middle of the CCL and busy getting ready to have all their players injured or tired), Philadelphia (3-0 in a game the Union won handily), FC Cincinnati (2-1 in a game played against FC CINCINNATI), a 4-2 stomping by LAFC (everyone is going to get stomped by LAFC), and Orlando City (3-0, which HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA). Add in three scoreless draws to DC United, NYCFC, and the New England Revolution and it’s really puzzling what this team is doing with 30 points.
Those points have come in decent wins though - they beat NYRB 2-1 and totally shut down the mighty Tom Barlow, that game came in a four win stretch. The Impact are coming off of two straight wins against Seattle and Portland so perhaps this is just a streaky team that gets OK results every now and then, but overall shouldn’t be considered a contender.
As far as what they’ll do in the game, the team relies on attacking midfielder Saphir Taider to try and create a threat going forward. Central striker Maxi Urruti is as inconsistent as he is occasionally brilliant and Orji Okwonkwo on the opposite wing from Taider seems to be coming into his own while on loan from Bologna with four goals on the year, including beating the Timbers all by himself on Wednesday. Against Portland they played something of a 5-3-2ish thing with Bacary Sagna (yes of Arsenal) as a wing back, but otherwise feature five other anonymous players who will try to not give up seven goals and embarrass Evan Bush again.
I cannot underscore how weird it is that this team is in the position it is in, it has scored 23 goals, given up 29 goals - which is a negative six goal differential. Even if you throw out the SKC game, that’s a dead even 22ga/gf stat. MLS is the only league something like this is possible in.
""

Prekrap - Atlanta United vs. Impact Montreal: Time to get a win amid a crowded schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce