OT: Montréal Impact Thread: We like Orji(s) edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Continue here

Orji should not play #9, at least not in a 4-3-3. I see him a bit like Oduro. He can run past defenders and get the ball first. He has so much better overall skills though

Orji and ZBG as permanent players please

I don't know about that Finnish guy

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Rick Moffat's goal call for Orji was cringeworthy as he turned into an orgy reference.

Last edited:
Reactions: angusyoung

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Shome speaking frenglish perfectly.

Shome encense Okwonkwo dans un français impeccable - TVA Sports

For those who missed it:

He looks pretty meh. Technically looks decent, kinda weak and not really athletic, but he's only 20 and had a good year at 19 in the finnish league. This year his production is down, but at that price, it's worth taking a shot. Don't think he'll command that much of a salary if indeed he comes over.

Low risk/high reward

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Another winger is not what we need though. With Orji, Browne, Choinière, Bayiha, and (God forbid) Novillo, we should be able to wait for Piatti to come back. Unless one of them is leaving, I can't see how that would improve the team right now and I certainly hope that's not why they paid 100K for an international spot.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Another winger is not what we need though. With Orji, Browne, Choinière, Bayiha, and (God forbid) Novillo, we should be able to wait for Piatti to come back. Unless one of them is leaving, I can't see how that would improve the team right now and I certainly hope that's not why they paid 100K for an international spot.

Nacho is most likely leaving, and sooner rather than later :(

Also

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Orji on a loan 'til december, Novillo a flop, Piatti gone. Not surprising they're going after a young winger. This is not about this year alone, it's about the future as well. It's exactly what Gilmore said on his interview with Filosa and Marcuzzi last night, they're no longer only recruiting for the short term, but the long term as well.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Orji on a loan 'til december, Novillo a flop, Piatti gone. Not surprising they're going after a young winger. This is not about this year alone, it's about the future as well. It's exactly what Gilmore said on his interview with Filosa and Marcuzzi last night, they're no longer only recruiting for the short term, but the long term as well.

But the tweet says that young Finnish winger would sign in Bologna and be loaned to Montreal. That doesn't exactly scream longterm solution for IMFC...

If Piatti is indeed leaving, I hope they find a way to keep Orji for next year as well.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
But the tweet says that young Finnish winger would sign in Bologna and be loaned to Montreal. That doesn't exactly scream longterm solution for IMFC...

If Piatti is indeed leaving, I hope they find a way to keep Orji for next year as well.

Boff, I see it more as a developmental deal. I don't think Bologna would want him right away, unless he absolutely destroys MLS. I think the plan is to loan some players here instead of Serie B. Orji is another story, he was one of their best prospects, so if he keeps this up, I don't know if Bologna would be open to let him stick here. Let's hope they do.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I just hope it's not a one sided affair where Bologna only takes what's best in our yard and throws us whatever's left under the pretext of "the synergy".

Reactions: ArtPeur

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
literally no reason to go to the stadium now

Pathetic that they can't draw more fans on a regular basis. Such a divers population in the MTL area of which Football/soccer is the # 1 sport where they hail from. At the same time,how would baseball really go in the long run. Not the correct thread,but making a comparison.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Pathetic that they can't draw more fans on a regular basis. Such a divers population in the MTL area of which Football/soccer is the # 1 sport where they hail from. At the same time,how would baseball really go in the long run. Not the correct thread,but making a comparison.

People can deal with a "losing" team, the Drogba years we were competitive but we didn't win anything and people showed up to see him, you need SOMETHING

i'm not gonna waste 3h of my life to see Urruti try his best

Reactions: ArtPeur

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I think Kevin Gilmore nails it when he alluded to the main target crowd being the euro snobs. I know plenty of people like that as well. The Impact have also done a poor job at sustaining success. They fell off after two big years in 2014 and 2015 (CONCACAF run and Drogba run).

Last season when we were in the playoff hunt and had important games at Saputo coming up, I would talk about it and they'd completely dismiss it lol.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
People can deal with a "losing" team, the Drogba years we were competitive but we didn't win anything and people showed up to see him, you need SOMETHING

i'm not gonna waste 3h of my life to see Urruti try his best

Is that the consensus? I prefer to see a winning team,but that's me. I go to a fair amount of Ajax games and they lose any quality player fast,yet it's still filled to capacity almost every game with no stars.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I think Kevin Gilmore nails it when he alluded to the main target crowd being the euro snobs. I know plenty of people like that as well. The Impact have also done a poor job at sustaining success. They fell off after two big years in 2014 and 2015 (CONCACAF run and Drogba run).

Last season when we were in the playoff hunt and had important games at Saputo coming up, I would talk about it and they'd completely dismiss it lol.

You could say that I'm a Euro snob and to that extent I suppose that would apply to other Nationalities in the MTL area. Perhaps it's like not the quality football that many are accustomed to.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Is that the consensus? I prefer to see a winning team,but that's me. I go to a fair amount of Ajax games and they lose any quality player fast,yet it's still filled to capacity almost every game with no stars.
It's different here, because it's not the best football in the planet. So people have to fall in love with the team. There are many ways to fall in love with a team. Deep runs, superstars and good spectacle over a prolonged period of time. The Impact kinda managed that for a little while, but they fell off with 3 consecutive non playoff years and mediocre play.

Reactions: Bask

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I think our current president understands this, but I'm afraid they try to cut corners again since the money comes from the same person.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
It's different here, because it's not the best football in the planet. So people have to fall in love with the team. There are many ways to fall in love with a team. Deep runs, superstars and good spectacle over a prolonged period of time. The Impact kinda managed that for a little while, but they fell off with 3 consecutive non playoff years and mediocre play.

That being said,I spent many years going to Expos game,even if putrid,still enjoyed the time spent. Guess Montreal is not the best place to have other sports,sad as that may be.

Going out on a sensitive limb here,but possible it all comes down to marketing/conditioning. From what I absorb,the NBA would do great in MTL. So getting more conditioned ? about B-ball than Football since inception has a determining factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad