OT: Montréal Impact Thread : Un changement de Garde

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
"Pourri"! j'pensais que t'étais sérieux dans tes arguments haha my bad I didn't get that you were being ironic this whole time

Keep that red sweater on it suits you well
Dude, go watch the highlights from last season and the game winning goals (from opponents). That is straight up pourriture, chiotte, merdique call it whatever you want. If there's more than 5 goals that was directly because of Ciman, I'll rest my case. Stop living in 2015.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Tim and Sid were interviewing TFC head coach Greg Vanney. They asked him about losing Edwards and he had nothing but good words regarding him.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Dude, go watch the highlights from last season and the game winning goals (from opponents). That is straight up pourriture, chiotte, merdique call it whatever you want. If there's more than 5 goals that was directly because of Ciman, I'll rest my case. Stop living in 2015.

I mean... you're living in 2020 with your blind faith so, there's a pretty big gap between us

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I mean... you're living in 2020 with your blind faith so, there's a pretty big gap between us
Did you really just say that? :laugh: Like it's a bad thing... I'm just trying to bring you to the real world.

How's 5 goals against a standard?
I think the cold outside made you forget about some of his major blunders, let me remind you some of them

and thats just in September

While im at it

Last edited:

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Isn't the return for Ciman slightly underwhelming though? Sure Edwards is young and Raitala seems like our best option at LB, but I'm pretty sure most of us were expecting more

Oh well, let's see what else happens until next season :popcorn:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I didn't really like Ciman either TBH, he had moments for sure, but not when I was watching.

Caveat: I'm not really a soccer fan, I just give it a go for a couple games every summer.

Dec 2, 2010
Oh boy... some dust has settled for me but 2 things still annoy me:
1. He wasn't informed that he was being traded until it was done and ready to be announced. What about his kid? The reason he came to MTL. Garde never sat down with him either.
2. I like Edwards as a player but that's a paltry return. He's still highly regarded in the league even if he's declined. Could've gone more for sure.

Like most moves, it depends on what they do to balance this. Next main CB and the rest of the empty starting positions. I have little confidence in the front office but Garde may surprise.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Way to destroy one's credibility. Or whatever was left of it.
Tbh I think my credibility has automatically been renewed for one more year after what I predicted earlier & for weeks:laugh:

People on twitter and Fb should calm down, we didn't send Ciman to ISIS or North Korea. We still have Piatti, good core in CM/DM, LB now settled, Dzemaili. We need an experienced CB, to cover for Fisher and Cabrera (Toulalan), a RB, a CF and CAM. With a Bush upgrade.

Garde didn't sit down with him because Ciman's in Belgium. He came here to manage the team as we're in a critical state. I mean you want his first conversation with the guy to be 'oh u've been traded'? Remember he comes from Europe and probably not really used to this whole trading players system. Let him breathe.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
I hate the reaction of the trade. Even Remi Garde is shocked.

I am so glad Ciman is gone and the return is decent. This is the beginning of a new chapter. Bring on Nehuen Paz

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Wish Ciman well.

Just hope that there is a good plan in place for the future. Garde is right, the team was old and it needs to get younger.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
I'm not emotional attached to Ciman. His level kind of dipped for the past few seasons. He did have some good moments last season but he was not consistent.

I am fine with this trade because we got younger. We do need some leadership though.

Good to know Garde has "carte blanche" it seems...

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Apparently LAFC spoke to Ciman, once again Ciman reaching...

anyway, according to Raitala's wiki, he can play CB and RB.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Ciman retweeted a post from someon calling management une bande de cave lmao.

Always defended Ciman here but I’m not sure everything was said is true. Ciman stated in an interview not long time ago that after his contract ends he may look elsewhere in MLS or even go back to Belgium. Why is he acting like totaly shocked now? I’m sure he’ll enjoy LA.

However if the impact really did this against his will then yeah that’s really unacceptable.

On the pitch Ciman struggled the last 2 seasons even though he had some huge games here and there. I think management couldn’t handle him. They’re not used to deal with people of strong personality and wanted to get rid of him.

Those who are complaining that we got 2 drafted players for him. This is not how it works in the mls. This is not the NHL. We freed a lot of cap space to get a good defender from around the globe.

Reactions: muzion

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Honestly he's probably ore upset because he didn't leave on his own terms. What a diva. I never hid that I never liked him so good riddance.

Reactions: JunglePete

Prometheus1

Oct 19, 2017
Canadaaa
What annoyed me about Ciman was when they got scored on or a mistake he was yelling at other players on the team..ok for acountability but with the amount of mistakes he was making himself..

Those first years he was solid but at his salary and level of play he became expandable

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Honestly he's probably ore upset because he didn't leave on his own terms. What a diva. I never hid that I never liked him so good riddance.
That's exactly what it is. You nailed it. His ego was badly hurt, he's so used to have fans riding him even when he was by far the worst on the pitch, he probably didn't expect it.
He got too comfortable and Garde/Braz brought his *** back to Earth. Braz tried to sell him back to Belgium back in August. He clearly didn't seem bother at the thought of leaving Montreal, now making a fuss on Twitter, what an arrogant prick. Good riddance, he won't get away with it in LA.

He already followed Vela and Zimmerman on Twitter. He'll form a deadly duo tho with the latter. He knows Klejstan already. He'll fit right in.

Last edited:
Reactions: JayKing

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Lots of good news today.
Best wishes to Ciman. Him with Zimmerman make a good duo on paper, it might be the type of pairing Ciman needed to get his game back.
Great move for IMFC, we get one of the very best young players in the league in Edwards, a potential starter at LB in Raitala, and we clear a lot of money for upgrades.

If we get Jony Maidana we'd have an definite upgrade over Ciman at CB, the guy is basically River Plate's best player, and a real leader. Nehuen Paz I dont remember ever seing him play so I cant say, but if he's the guy River Plate want to replace Maidana he must be really good..

Being the CanNT nerd I am, I watched a bunch of TFC games just to see Edwards play last season. If he plays anything like he did last year, he will surprise IMFC fans who dont know him, and they'll be happy about what we got in the trade. Imo, he's the most impressive young Canadian player after Davies. They actually share some resemblance in how they're fearless going forward. I can see why Garde would want him.

Plus you get Edwards at an absolute bargain. With the talent he has, if this kid was South American he'd be probably get 15 times the salary.
It's also great for the NT that Edwards will be developed by a staff with experience in developing top level players.

Now, that Mancosu going back to Italy rumour is the cherry on top.

Reactions: muzion

Turtleneck Plek

Real Life
Mar 23, 2008
Montreal
We're hearing more about players leaving than coming in, it's not great.

inb4 Cap Space is also IMFC's MVP for next season

If we're to believe Garde has full freedom to put his own team together, it would make sense that he would clear the team of the players he doesn't wanna keep before acquiring others.

I think Ciman and most European fans' reaction to this is normal. There's no trades in Europe, or very little, and most of the time players pick their destination. They're not used to American sports where the teams run the show.

Ciman was great for us in many regards, but it's the right time to move on. Excited to see what Edwards will bring, and who Garde decides to bring on. He's definitely the most qualified coach IMFC has had since coming to the MLS, so I trust his judgement, until proven wrong.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Understandable. Red Bulls fan were PISSED when they let go homeboi Mike Petke for Jesse Marsh and guess what? They won the league the very next season.

I hope Ciman remains a professional and report to LAFC. Him and Zimmerman could be the best CB duo in the league.

You mean they won the regular season, right? In NA Soccer, winning the league means winning the playoffs.

I believe Diana Ciman said they would go to LA. I am sad to see the Général go, but am excited about the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad