OT: Montréal Impact Thread : Un changement de Garde

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Fans on FB and Twitter are pissed.
Understandable. Red Bulls fan were PISSED when they let go homeboi Mike Petke for Jesse Marsh and guess what? They won the league the very next season.

I hope Ciman remains a professional and report to LAFC. Him and Zimmerman could be the best CB duo in the league.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
People can think all they want but this is a new cycle and with more $ believe me, we're gonna get a Ciman upgrade. I've never been as optimistic with this team as I am now. This is nearly 500k of our salary cap. I bet you 90% of the people complaining about the trade are the ones that don't even watch games. We are already pissing off TFC fans , days after their championship

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I really hope they have a real plan for this 'cause it's just getting uglier. I'm happy about the fact that we're getting a Canadian kid though, I said a few months ago that I wanted to bring some Canadian guys back home

as of right now, for next year our team looks like:

Bush/Crépeau/Pantemis
X - Boldor/Lefèvre - Cabrera/Fisher/TMG - Raitala/Lovitz/Edwards
Piette/LBG - Donadel/Shome - Dzemaili?
Balou/Salazar - Mancosu/AJH - Piatti/Choinière

Edit. I forgot Oduro

We would have many young players but with MLS growing, we need much better players and much better depth. We also have no RBs.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
You're not kidding. I just checked out their facebook page and fans are absolutely losing their ****.

It's going to get really ugly if the Impact don't have a good season. Unlike the Habs, the Impact don't have the luxury of having sheep for fans.

Trading away a defenseman with a big competitive spirit, who took risks, who was close to the fans and involved in the community... where have I seen that before?

On a human level, I'm totally against this trade or mostly, the way it was conducted. There's a reason Ciman ended up here and it's not our glorious scouting. If you have an ounce of respect for your employees, YOU NEED TO SPEAK WITH THEM.

On the footballing side, it's not the end of the world. He's replaceable. But I still think the focus should've been on finding him a better partner. It's true he wasn't playing like the Ciman des beaux jours. But unlike trading away a Subban, where the pool of talent is limited, in football, there's a plethora of options. Here's my problem: I don't believe in NDS and Braz abilities to scout talent and be able to find replacements. Having contacts with agents and having them suggest their clients is not scouting and it's not proactive recruitment.

I also don't believe in their talent and people management. How many f***ing stories about mismanagement and internal conflicts will we need to get them out of there. They often speak of familia. That's not a familia I would like to be part of.

Now, my hope rests on Garde. On having him develop and have players grow. On having transparency with his players. On having a coherent message, tactics, recruitment, etc.

And yet despite all of that, here I am, still singing Allez Montréal!, still yelling f*** Toronto! at the top of my lungs.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Montrealers are so bipolar. First they want a coach that has a vision for the team and not afraid to make some major moves. They get one and now they're whining already.The problem is that Mtlers fell for Ciman the person not Ciman the player. It's nothing personal against Ciman, the family man. It should be clear.

Oh and I doubt Bush stays much longer too. We should take a look at Beitashour and Rimando of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: muzion

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Montrealers are so bipolar. First they want a coach that has a vision for the team and not afraid to make some major moves. They get one and now they're whining already.The problem is that Mtlers fell for Ciman the person not Ciman the player. It's nothing personal against Ciman, the family man. It should be clear.

Oh and I doubt Bush stays much longer too. We should take a look at Beitashour and Rimando of course.

I'm pretty sure the fans' vision of a better Impact included Ciman as a one of its most important members.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Well you're speaking of the fans, so am I.
Correct. But fans don't run the team, and thankfully, because we still would get stuck with Drogba, Camara and Brovsky.

Have faith in Garde. Deep down you know it's a good trade.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Correct. But fans don't run the team, and thankfully, because we still would get stuck with Drogba, Camara and Brovsky.

Have faith in Garde. Deep down you know it's a good trade even if you don't want to admit it.

I didn't say a thing about the trade!

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I think we'll sign Toulalan. A CB/DM, French, played under Garde. Basically the Ciman replacement. Anyone know what he's up to these days?

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Deep Down, you understand why we're worried.

Bergevin, and whoever the hell is in charge of the Alouettes also had people like you telling us to "have faith" and now every team in Montreal has gone to shit, including the Impact. And today they traded a dman who once played like a general and won best dman in the league. The cynicism is justified

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Deep Down, you understand why we're worried.

Bergevin, and whoever the hell is in charge of the Alouettes also had people like you telling us to "have faith" and now every team in Montreal has gone to ****, including the Impact. And today they traded a dman who once played like a general and won best dman in the league. The cynicism is justified
Arretez de capoter. Ciman était pourri. Great trade, we'll talk about it June. Just like how I said last season we wouldn't make the playoffs and disaster was about to happen, this time it's the total opposite. Let me know.

Gotta be honest this sure as hell is an interesting off season. Nagbe to Atlanta, Ciman & Zimmerman to LAFC, Edwards to Mtl, Kei Kamara to Vancouver and now Klejstan to LAFC. An interesting player for us off the books. Oh well, there's still Nguyen at least.... or Ben Arfa... or Gourcuff :laugh:

Departures : Ciman, Bernier, Bernardello, Camara, Oyongo, Francis, Romero, Boldor? Bush?
IN : Edwards, Raikkala, Paz?, Toulalan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad