OT: Montréal Impact thread - "I spend like poutine" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
So what are your biggest needs for this team?

CB is obvious. Maybe not for the obvious reasons (conceding stupid goals) though IMO. We saw once again last night that with a higher pressing, they struggle to keep the ball and do the right touches and passes. I bet they got tired of having to play under pressure and try not to make any mistakes with the ball.

We should maybe start preparing the Post Bush Era too.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

CB is obvious. Maybe not for the obvious reasons (conceding stupid goals) though IMO. We saw once again last night that with a higher pressing, they struggle to keep the ball and do the right touches and passes. I bet they got tired of having to play under pressure and try not to make any mistakes with the ball.

- Target Man or anyone close enough to score goals on crosses (like that Kamara guy)
- CM/DM: TAM player or close-to-DP, our lack of quality on the bench shows easily. Krolicki is at best a bench player. Shome can fill in sometimes but we still need someone better. I hope Piette stays.
- CBs obv
- LB + RB (if ZBG doesn't come back)

Like the only thing we don't need is wingers... but then... will Orji, Balou and Lassi be back next season?

On this team, I would keep Piette, ZBG, Shome, Balou*, Orji, Lassi and Bojan. Everyone else is kinda expendable. I might keep Sagna for another season. (Academy players can stay)

(we might still be playoffs bound since we have so many home games to play)

(I kinda want to see Bats doing interviews as head coach. I'd call him Batsman)

Reactions: TRG and QuebecPride

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
If this is the post-Barcelona Ballou then he hasn’t learned much and I doubt he is going to stay for long, especially with Garde as the coach. He doesn’t seem to have matured sadly, still wants to do everything by himself and close to zero effort defensively.

Regarding Garde, very disappointed with his tenure. I wouldn’t be too sad if he’s not back.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

A #1 CB, maybe a #2 as well if you move Raitala at LB. A right sided Taider (which was Garde's #1 target in the mercato apparently). A true goal scoring CF à la Héber remains the biggest hole in the lineup. With the probable departure of Piatti, we'll need another top flight attacking winger.

Upgrading Bush might be an idea as well, you're right.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
why are the Ultras singing **** Toronto :laugh:

Haha, because we were chanting thisbeforehand , so the chant lead to the f*** toronto chant.

'Et tous ceux qui sont assis sont Torontois *clap* *clap*'

Which by the way is my favourite chant, to see the pride of the lads/lasses in the neighboring sections when they stand up rather than being called Torontois :laugh:

Also next week's game is agains the clowns, so you know, we got ready for the shitshow.

Reactions: Bask and TRG

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Dallas allowed 2 very stupid goals :laugh: I think Jesus Ferreira is maybe the best MLS youngster and won't stay in mls for too long but they play like crap. Not taking anything away from Lassi but those goals were handed to him.

Bush league defending. I wanna see more creativity and less kick and run in the 2nd half please.

Yup, poor plays for Dallas, but Lassi was clever to stand in the passing lanes at the right moment.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
At the end the day, who are we kidding?

This league belongs to LAFC, Atlanta and soon Miami. Then we have LAG + TFC who happen to open their wallets. And finally, Seattle and Portland who play good soccer every now and then.

Rest of the league is all wannabes

SKC and RSL always have good teams. Same for NYRB/NYCFC.

LAFC is simply too good this year, but Atlanta is beatable...

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Provided the wingers and fullbacks don't move, they need to get their two best CBs,a big ass CF and depth at mid. Play Boyan as CAM.

If you're not gonna spend like ATL, Toronto, LAG or LAFC, then get with the program of the smaller teams. Since the beginning they've had this idea of playing technical football with rejects who end up being complete jabronis.

Reactions: TRG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad