Proposal: Montréal and Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Ceci and Savard are essentially interchangeable players at this point in their respective careers. This trade has the Oilers losing a quarter million in cap space and they get older on D and pay a 1st for the opportunity.

No thank you.
Sure bud. You keep Ceci and we will happily keep Savard who is a lot better .

I seen a

Trade similar to this on YouTube ( Post on Top Shelf Hockey ). It had a few more pieces in it from Montreal

To the Oilers

Gallagher retained down to dollars match
Primeau
Savard

To Montreal

Ceci
Campbell
2024 1st

I wouldn't do it as an Oiler fan.
Pretty sure Hab fans feel the same. Funny part is you want the Habs to retain.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I seen a

Trade similar to this on YouTube ( Post on Top Shelf Hockey ). It had a few more pieces in it from Montreal

To the Oilers

Primeau
Savard

To Montreal

Ceci
Campbell
2024 1st

Campbell’s dead cap would require 3 x 1sts. He is a non starter.

Ceci is not a dman the Habs want.

Reactions: HabsQC

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Montreal Canadiens’ general manager Kent Hughes confirmed with media that the team has no intentions of parting ways with defenseman David Savard. Savard, currently in his third season with the Canadiens, secured a four-year, $14 million contract through unrestricted free agency in the summer of 2021, marking a significant move in his 11-year career, as he returned to his hometown team.

Reactions: bleuetbio

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Savard is on another tier completly than Ceci tho

Ceci is borderline NHL caliber, Savard would be a top tier 3rd pair that can play on second pair

I don't reckon I've ever heard anyone tout someone as a "top tier" third pairing player.

Mind listing the top 3rd pairing dmen in the league so I can guage where his value falls?

First time I've heard of a 5/6 dman being told they're worth a 1st

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I don't reckon I've ever heard anyone tout someone as a "top tier" third pairing player.

Mind listing the top 3rd pairing dmen in the league so I can guage where his value falls?

First time I've heard of a 5/6 dman being told they're worth a 1st

Why a first?

- Because since you're having a good year, your first Will most likely be in the botton 10 anyway

- Because younsre upgrading, while we are going to take on Ceci, Who would go directly in Laval

I seen a

To the Oilers

Primeau
Savard

To Montreal

Ceci
Campbell
2024 1st

Taking Campbell while retaining on Gallagher would cost Much more than only a low first

• Haha
Reactions: Bluenotes27

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
What? LOL What?

So Ceci is barely an NHLer and we have a new classification.. an "elite 3rd pairing"? AHAHAHA man you are really reaching here. I applaud your chuzpah.

What I meant was that if you play Savard on your 3rd Line, you're pretty loaded on defense, since he can Play Higher on the line-up, while Ceci straight up suck and his current gig with the Oilers is most likely his last job at the NHL level

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Montreal's players are trashes according to HFBoard posters. It's quite understandable that we got fever because we got so many 1st picks for these good-for-nothing players.
Oh , I’d be riding high after the Monahan return too. No doubt.
And adding the Lindholm value, it only drives up the price. BUT, you’ll have a hard time getting value on hf.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Montreal Canadiens’ general manager Kent Hughes confirmed with media that the team has no intentions of parting ways with defenseman David Savard.

great link! Thanks for the information. Didnt know that Hughes has confirmed that Savard is unavailable. Great decision IMO. We still need him badly next year, which is a year where we can make the playoffs, believe it or not folks :P

Last edited:

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Savard will only get dealt if there's a significant overpayment. This isn't it.

Otherwise.... hearing Edmonton fans hate on Ceci for the whole season makes it curious to see them now saying how he's a fine top-4 option that doesn't need to be upgraded on.

If one believes those fans earlier this season, this trade would fill a need.
If one believe them in this thread, Edmonton's top-4 is fine for a Cup run and all they need is perhaps depth for injury insurance for the playoffs.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Why a first?

- Because since you're having a good year, your first Will most likely be in the botton 10 anyway

- Because younsre upgrading, while we are going to take on Ceci, Who would go directly in Laval

Taking Campbell while retaining on Gallagher would cost Much more than only a low first

So because you don't know how to evaluate hockey talent outside your team (or frankly on your team), everyone else should fall in line?

You've yet to tell us how Savard is an upgrade on Ceci

Or list all these 5/6 dmen in the league that are "top tier" and worth a 1st, regardless of where that first is picked.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
So because you don't know how to evaluate hockey talent outside your team (or frankly on your team), everyone else should fall in line?

You've yet to tell us how Savard is an upgrade on Ceci

Or list all these 5/6 dmen in the league that are "top tier" and worth a 1st, regardless of where that first is picked.

Maybe it's you who look at Cody f***ing Ceci with rose tainted glasses?
We've got to watch him since the good ol' Sens days, he was so-so than, and he's bad now

He do what Ceci does, but he's pretty much a huge upgrade at everything

Again, it's not only the fact that you get Savard, but also the fact that we are stucked with Ceci for 1 year
Basically a low first is the price of getting an actual good defenseman while getting ride of your garbage

You seem really confused.

You seem to think Ceci is a cap dump, which, if that’s the case, shows you don’t know how hockey works.

He is a cap dump, and if you think he's good, I don't know what to tell you, man

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
We've got to watch him since the good ol' Sens days, he was so-so than, and he's bad now

Translation: I watched this player 5+ seasons ago and hated him then. I have not watched him since, But rather than letting other people know that, I will just assume he's **** to fit my narative and double down on my **** offer that I'm being roasted on universally.

God, pull your zipper up. Your massive bias is showing

Otherwise.... hearing Edmonton fans hate on Ceci for the whole season makes it curious to see them now saying how he's a fine top-4 option that doesn't need to be upgraded on.

If one believe them in this thread, Edmonton's top-4 is fine for a Cup run and all they need is perhaps depth for injury insurance for the playoffs.

I'm pretty sure everyone who hasn't watched Ceci this year are the ones hating on Ceci. Oilers fans are quite happy with him this season and have been very vocal about it.

God, you and Boubou should get a room at this point.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Like Matheson was earlier this season? You overrate your Habs defensemen.

You'd have a tough time trading Savard without retaining a portion of his contract.

The Oilers don't need any third pairing defensemen and if they're trading Ceci to upgrade, it would be for a tangible upgrade and someone with actual mobility.
yeah...we overrate everything and magically it all comes true. Savard is way better than Ceci and he will garner more than you think. Need proof? re: Monahan, Chiarot, etc.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I seen a

To the Oilers

Primeau
Savard

To Montreal

Ceci
Campbell
2024 1st

I wouldn't do it as a Montreal fan. Retention for that long? Nope. Plus at least Gallagher can still contribute on an NHL club. Campbell is pure cap dump.

Honestly Montreal would be better off just retaining on Savard and getting a good return for him. They should stay far away from Ceci, Campbell and 4 years of retained salary on Gallagher

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Translation: I watched this player 5+ seasons ago and hated him then. I have not watched him since, But rather than letting other people know that, I will just assume he's **** to fit my narative and double down on my **** offer that I'm being roasted on universally.

God, pull your zipper up. Your massive bias is showing

I'm pretty sure everyone who hasn't watched Ceci this year are the ones hating on Ceci. Oilers fans are quite happy with him this season and have been very vocal about it.

God, you and Boubou should get a room at this point.

Translation: I'm a fanboy of the Oilers and can't accept that I'm told that the player suck. I'll only recognise it when he's out of the team
Stop being such a fanboi and open your eyes

• Haha

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

No Oilers fans are saying they don’t need to upgrade Ceci, management knows he’s the weak link in the top 4 for a team trying to contend. But if they’re going out and spending a 1st or more then they aren’t looking at the garbage pile that is the Montreal Canadiens for upgrades, they’re gonna aim higher. That’s all Oilers fans are saying.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Oiler fans can want an upgrade on Ceci while also recognizing that ain’t David Savard. Especially at the cost of a higher cap hit and a 1st rounder.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Montreal's players are trashes according to HFBoard posters. It's quite understandable that we got fever because we got so many 1st picks for these good-for-nothing players.
For every Monahan you’ve also got an Edmundson which Hans fans demanded a 1st for years before your team dumped him for basically nothing while also retaining on his salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad