GDT: Montréal @ Toronto - 7PM ET - CBC/TVA-S/NHLN-US

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
To me Plekanec producing at a 60 point pace is good, and your point about a 1C production level is valid. But Galchenyuk has PPG + talent, and would change the entire dynamic of this team offensively if he can find that level with Pacioretty. Plus, this season is basically a wash now, so I think beneficially for the team going forward it's best to put them together through thick and thin.

But I doubt this coach will do that. He's more likely to put Desharnais back with Pacioretty.

I don't mind Galchenyuk playing on the 2nd line. Many great players spent their career playing mostly on a 2nd line. Malkin, Forsberg, Fedorov.

But AG and Patch should play together on the PP. Also AG should have better support on the 2nd line. You can't ask him to carry wingers like Eller and Byron that's ridiculous.

Ideally AG should play center or RW so that he doesn't have to switch position when playing on the PP with Patch. It's not like he is better as a LWer anyway.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Leafs win 3-1. Goals by Gardiner, Parenteau and Komarov with the EN. Carr scores for the Habs proving that he never should have been sent down. Final shots 44-26 for the Habs and Therrien says that we ran into a hot goalie. The slide continues down the standings further improving our lottery chances.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
It hurts to see the tank memes pop up. I still haven't wrapped my head around the fact we're there already. I feel a new coach could have still saved the season.

...perhaps, if it was done earlier...now, with Price still some time away and absolutely nothing changing as far as our "system" and lineups go, it'll take a miracle...we'd honestly be better off now shutting Price down for the season and icing the young kids to get them some time to get accustomed to the NHL...trade off some vets, collect some picks (if we can get another 1st or two, that would be fantastic), and play it from there...in the offseason, clear out the all of the coaching staff who's name isn't Stephane Waite and see what UFAs we can nab (Stamkos, Backes, Ladd, Eriksson, Hamhuis, etc)...Drafting in the Top 3 would also help (I really want Laine)...;)

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Anyone remember the time when the Habs were the top team in the league and people were saying they were legit contenders? I don't.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
...perhaps, if it was done earlier...now, with Price still some time away and absolutely nothing changing as far as our "system" and lineups go, it'll take a miracle...we'd honestly be better off now shutting Price down for the season and icing the young kids to get them some time to get accustomed to the NHL...trade off some vets, collect some picks (if we can get another 1st or two, that would be fantastic), and play it from there...in the offseason, clear out the all of the coaching staff who's name isn't Stephane Waite and see what UFAs we can nab (Stamkos, Backes, Ladd, Eriksson, Hamhuis, etc)...Drafting in the Top 3 would also help (I really want Laine)...;)

You read my mind. Get what you can for the aging vets, play the younger guys, be aggressive in signing UFAs, shut down Price, get some real coaches and most importantly, get Laine.

This season is a write off so we may as well tank. Draft class looks extremely strong this year and with all the very high quality UFAs, a mini rebuild could be the refresh this team needs. I see Mac, Sherbak and Hudon being NHL ready within the next 2 years and quality picks from the habs could be useful for landing whater the team needs then.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Both teams missing their top player, i.e. Habs- Price, Leafs - JVR.

Neither team scores a lot of goals.

Both looking for a regular goalie, but Leafs may have a tiny edge with Reimer. Equal or even edge to the Habs if Bernier is in for the Leafs.

Game will go to overtime. Too close to call.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
It hurts to see the tank memes pop up. I still haven't wrapped my head around the fact we're there already. I feel a new coach could have still saved the season.

The thing is, Bergevin came out and announced the status quo.

I don't see how things will be magically different if you keep doing the same things over and over

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Both teams missing their top player, i.e. Habs- Price, Leafs - JVR.

Neither team scores a lot of goals.

Both looking for a regular goalie, but Leafs may have a tiny edge with Reimer. Equal or even edge to the Habs if Bernier is in for the Leafs.

Game will go to overtime. Too close to call.

Reimer has been excellent this year. I watch lots of leafs and he's been stellar all year. He's no longer the rebound machine who plays deep in his net. He's aggressive now and does a great job of cutting off the angles and while he still gives up rebounds, they don't go to dangerous areas as often due to him playing out more. His five hole is still weak though.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
I have a hard time believing this. If you really didn't care you wouldn't still be posting on message boards. Or you're just a fair weather fan.

It's hard to sustain an argument that someone with 48,000+ posts on a Habs board is a fair weather fan. Lol

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
I have a hard time believing this. If you really didn't care you wouldn't still be posting on message boards. Or you're just a fair weather fan.

Or maybe he just has something else planned? Or a hockey game to play himself?

Or props to WTK for being a fairweather fan with 48K posts

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
My official position for the rest of the year is that I still want them to win every game, but if that doesn't happen and the tank does then there's nothing to be mad about. All you can do is just enjoy the high pick.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
The same crap lines? Franchise center grinding away on the shrimp's wing? Our smug coach now has protection until the end of the season?

Oh well, I bet another sellout. It's all that matters.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Maybe he has more important things to do tonight? I know I'm not watching for that reason.

Apr 28, 2010
I try not to care but it still pisses me off whenever I see DD-Weise on our second line. I just hate it with a passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad