Monthly News Thread (September 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Apparently there’s some heat on the Smackdown side of things because the sense is there’s no direction, and the Bryan/Rowan/Roman angle was botched so horrifically with twists and turns as it is, including a doppelgänger that disappeared with no explanation.

The feeling is that it was botched so bad that if someone in the company tried explaining what it was supposed to be, it would make no sense at all.

Yeah, that angle made no ****ing sense, from Daniel Bryan going weeks without dropping his "big news", to the comedic "attacks" on Roman, to the search for his attacker, to the doppelganger. Everyone's tired of it already.

But what I find most frustrating of all is that there's really no "Smackdown side of things".

It's all Vince.

Everything goes through Vince.

Once again, he is the problem.

Reactions: sabremike

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah, that angle made no ****ing sense, from Daniel Bryan going weeks without dropping his "big news", to the comedic "attacks" on Roman, to the search for his attacker, to the doppelganger. Everyone's tired of it already.

But what I find most frustrating of all is that there's really no "Smackdown side of things".

It's all Vince.

Everything goes through Vince.

Once again, he is the problem.
As soon as I saw the angle I said “Bischoff has arrived.”

Vince has reportedly been so pissed off with the shows that he’s done same day rewrites for about a month or so now and the shows usually turn out pretty good.

Reactions: Jussi

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I’m convinced Vince has to rewrite Smackdown every week because Bischoff just has no clue what he’s doing, and Vince is putting together consistently solid shows.

I thought Bischoff was just going to be the liaison for Fox-WWE but nope, he’s creating a mess creatively imo. There’s no one who can convince me this Bryan/Rowan/Roman mess isn’t because of Bischoff’s influence.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I’m convinced Vince has to rewrite Smackdown every week because Bischoff just has no clue what he’s doing, and Vince is putting together consistently solid shows.

I thought Bischoff was just going to be the liaison for Fox-WWE but nope, he’s creating a mess creatively imo. There’s no one who can convince me this Bryan/Rowan/Roman mess isn’t because of Bischoff’s influence.

According to The Wrap where all this is coming from (according to WhatCulture Wrestling), Bischoff doesn't do anything, apart from hiring that one writer.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
According to The Wrap where all this is coming from (according to WhatCulture Wrestling), Bischoff doesn't do anything, apart from hiring that one writer.
This main storyline just smells of Bischoff tbh. I said it from the start.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Apparently there’s some heat on the Smackdown side of things because the sense is there’s no direction, and the Bryan/Rowan/Roman angle was botched so horrifically with twists and turns as it is, including a doppelgänger that disappeared with no explanation.

The feeling is that it was botched so bad that if someone in the company tried explaining what it was supposed to be, it would make no sense at all.

This is why you don't try to run an angle on two different shows if you're going to have two different writing teams...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This is why you don't try to run an angle on two different shows if you're going to have two different writing teams...
I don’t recall them ever really making any big advancements on Raw aside from the car crash. After that, everything was kind of left to Smackdown iirc.

It just screams more of whichever Smackdown writer was involved the most being totally incompetent. I can’t even really put this one on Vince. We constantly hear of him tearing up shows day of and the shows are usually solid.

Smackdown seems super dysfunctional at the moment behind the scenes despite the show being consistently solid.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think the greatest wrestling promotion ever uncovered, so good it’ll put WWE and AEW to shame, is returning:

Reactions: Fro
Oct 18, 2011

It probably would have been good if they let DB and Roman map out the whole thing, without Vince or writers. It had promise at first, but that angle was dead as soon as the 50 year old Rowan was unveiled

Oct 18, 2011

There isn't any evidence yet that it has anything to do with him, WWE has been starting angles and then pretending they never did them long before he joined the company

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
There isn't any evidence yet that it has anything to do with him, WWE has been starting angles and then pretending they never did them long before he joined the company

i think he means, the murder thing and a terrible reveal to end the shows. letting us hanging there, thinking why the f*** do we even bother watching this?

not connecting it week by week and forgetting about things is a whole other thing huhuh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad