Monthly News Thread (September 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

low key kinda thinking maybe this leads to NXT’s inclusion in Survivor Series now that they’re on a major network

probably nothing though

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
UE vs The OC (with Balor)
it’s cute that you keep hoping they’ll turn smiley Balor heel and in the OC with a hard split coming

i’ve accepted he’s just going to smile, pop his collar and be happy his entire run

UE vs. a combo of 4 Raw/SD stars that leads to infighting & UE coming out on top to strengthen their brand

not sure how it would work with Takeover the night before unless they loaded lots of UK guys there too, and still had the main players get in there (Cole, Johnny, Velveteen, Riddle) it’s definitely doable tho imo

they’d just have to do a normal title main event imo & wouldn’t be able to do the WarGames on NXT the night before because it’d be overkill.

i’m getting ahead of myself tho, I think HHH will keep NXT as its own separate entity entirely & not be a part of SS event itself (even if Raw/SD guys float down to NXT TV once in a while) but I think the potential is definitely there to do Raw vs. SD vs. NXT or WWE vs. NXT (NXT would have to go over tho)

Last edited:

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
NXT vs WWE War Games wouldn't work for me. Considering you'll eventually be on the main roster and that NXT is constantly referred to as developmental, the brand loyalty is hard to buy. Why would AOP, Viking Raiders or Revival want to represent WWE when their best days were in NXT not too long ago?
It's similar to why SmackDown vs Raw every year induces a yawn when most of the players are switching sides yearly.

Also, can't call it War Games on the main roster. It'd be like, Hell Games or Fight Activities or some shit.

With Vince potentially or inevitably involved creatively with NXT I think they're at high risk to end up being presented similarly to WWECW. Vince is going to Vince.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Christ, I hope it’s not smackdown vs. raw at survivor series. They didn’t even want to do it last year. And it means absolutely nothing and no one buys a brand rivalry.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Christ, I hope it’s not smackdown vs. raw at survivor series. They didn’t even want to do it last year. And it means absolutely nothing and no one buys a brand rivalry.
It would be funny to see how they'd sell that to the TV companies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You can do any iteration but they won’t make it mean anything.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
on yeah, with the hard split I wonder how they handle that.

I hope they just keep things brand exclusive but if they are floating Raw/SD stars on NXT I can see a “special attraction” WWE vs. NXT match with HHH leading them to invade with Shane constantly saying he calls the shots & makes up rules these days

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Twitter rumour that Kacy Catanzaro has quit NXT because of injury.

Casey is apparently one of the best for women's wrestling news.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
no fire rule lol.
i guess they just sit you home. but i would do the weirdest things if i wanted out.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
corbin ;

corbinnnn.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Vince definitely wanted Kacy to make it, so I'm sure he's none too interested in letting her go do something else.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Why would 'NXT alumni' care and who exactly would be in it that wouldn't be Raw or Smackdown?

Why does anyone care about anything these days? I mean for f***'s sake, pro wrestling is illogical enough as it is already. :laugh: All you need is for Trips to say so and we're just going to accept it but still complain online.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
didnt Breeze already did that?
like he WANTED to be on nxt.

im sure alot of the people who arent getting used would love to have TV time back in nxt.
not saying i want it. but it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad