Monthly News Thread (September 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I mean, he’s kind of right. We’ll never know what truly happened, but by the accounts I’ve seen, he was still willing to help Colt legally through the WWE case despite their falling out but Colt sought other representation and Punk’s offer was only good if they were under the same counsel.

Yeah, that’s on purpose lol. How do you navigate HIAC if Fiend won’t win the title off Seth, though? Do you do another no contest for a second year in a row?

It was only documented a bit in his WWE documentary DVD, but his childhood and upbringing was filled with people who did him wrong, in same cases flat out stealing from him. I mean, he asked his friends’ parents to adopt him, iirc. His brother stole cash from him on a backyard fed they were pursuing together and just left.

It’s really sad that his upbringing made him so untrustworthy and really sad that his 20-year friendship with Colt came to an end because of it.

You’re not supposed to remember what happened last year, it involved 2 different guys. I could definitely see a non-finish coming if they have something else planned for KSA. Is Braun Strowman supposed to take that lying down like a geek?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You’re not supposed to remember what happened last year, it involved 2 different guys. I could definitely see a non-finish coming if they have something else planned for KSA. Is Braun Strowman supposed to take that lying down like a geek?
Forgot about the Saudi show and how they could build a cross-promotional match between Smackdown’s Fiend and Raw’s Strowman.

Seth needs to drop the belt if he’s going to Smackdown with Becky, though.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Yeah, that’s on purpose lol. How do you navigate HIAC if Fiend won’t win the title off Seth, though? Do you do another no contest for a second year in a row?

Title might change today. The shot of Rey Mysterio was taken off the most recent version of the Fox ad and replaced with one of Daniel Bryan. So if both Wyatt and Rollins are going to Fox and Mysterio seemingly isn’t anymore, then rushing this title match and making it clear that HIAC happens regardless could be for a reason.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Title might change today. The shot of Rey Mysterio was taken off the most recent version of the Fox ad and replaced with one of Daniel Bryan. So if both Wyatt and Rollins are going to Fox and Mysterio seemingly isn’t anymore, then rushing this title match and making it clear that HIAC happens regardless could be for a reason.
I had that thought this morning, too. Rey could potentially win the title tonight, and AJ doesn’t have anything booked for HIAC, yet.

Seth/Fiend in a non-title HIAC (maybe with Braun for a triple threat HIAC) and Rey/AJ would be acceptable to me. It’s too soon for Fiend anyways and it does seem like he’s going to Smackdown.

As someone who always preferred Smackdown over Raw growing up for some reason (okay, because of Taker and Edge, mostly) it warms my heart to see Smackdown finally become the A-show after all these years.

I wonder if the IC Title goes back to Raw with Shinsuke in the draft, too. Not totally sure how you transfer the US title off someone to go to Smackdown, but I’m just spitballing at this point. Would be cool for Heyman to go with a new Raw 6 involving Rey, AJ, Balor, Ricochet, Gable and someone else (someone young, not Joe imo. Maybe Buddy?).

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
I had that thought this morning, too. Rey could potentially win the title tonight, and AJ doesn’t have anything booked for HIAC, yet.

Seth/Fiend in a non-title HIAC (maybe with Braun for a triple threat HIAC) and Rey/AJ would be acceptable to me. It’s too soon for Fiend anyways and it does seem like he’s going to Smackdown.

As someone who always preferred Smackdown over Raw growing up for some reason (okay, because of Taker and Edge, mostly) it warms my heart to see Smackdown finally become the A-show after all these years.

I wonder if the IC Title goes back to Raw with Shinsuke in the draft, too. Not totally sure how you transfer the US title off someone to go to Smackdown, but I’m just spitballing at this point. Would be cool for Heyman to go with a new Raw 6 involving Rey, AJ, Balor, Ricochet, Gable and someone else (someone young, not Joe imo. Maybe Buddy?).

John Morrison, maybe? He has off-the-charts chemistry with Rey Mysterio, AJ Styles, and Ricochet. Throw in Finn Balor and Samoa Joe, and you could recreate the rotation of 2009 SmackDown singles matches or pair everybody off and go for that 2002 SmackDown Six tag team vibe.

RAW’s prospects are looking really strong even if it loses The Fiend and Seth Rollins.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The more I think about it, the more a title change on the “season premiere” makes total sense with everything else considered. The fact Rey won over Ricochet if the plan is for a title change rather than just having a hot main event, making it clear Fiend/Seth is happening in HIAC with or without the title... I’m leaning towards that direction.

Rey, AJ, Ricochet, Randy, Gable, Balor, Morrison, Murphy, Cedric, Ali, Nakamura, Sasha, Asuka (pls), Kairi, Joe, Cesaro, etc to rely on to go have great matches regularly does not hurt at all. They still have three hours while Smackdown has two and will likely be more top heavy.

Last edited:
Reactions: I Eat Crow

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Why is it the 'season premiere' this week? Didn't all the new shows start last week?
Last week and this week are usually when. With the Fox deal kicking in this week it didn’t make sense to do the “season premiere” last week, imo

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Rey wins the title tonight.

Lights go out, shrieks are heard, Fiend has Rey in position for Sister Abigail. Wyatt's "heal" glove comes into frame, and he drops Rey and crawls over to a cowering Rollins. "Hurt" glove comes into frame, Mandible Claw on Rollins to end the show as a bewildered Rey runs out of the ring with the belt.

Strowman vs. Rey for the belt is the first feud after HIAC.

Agree with Fiend/Rollins ending in a no contest after some ridiculous spot to end the match.

Lesnar takes the belt off Kofi Friday. As Lesnar is celebrating, lights go out, shrieks are heard, and Fiend appears in back of Lesnar and just stares him down, making the "belt" gesture around his waist. "Hurt" glove comes into view on the camera, Mandible Claw to Heyman to close the show with an unsettled Brock looking on.

Give me Lesnar/Fiend for the belt and inject it into my veins.

Reactions: quoipourquoi

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think — off the top of my head, and trying to channel Heyman’s brain here — I could see

- Rey wins the title; Fiend appears and stalks Rey and Seth, Strowman appears, Fiend disappears.

- Triple threat HIAC, non-title (obvs) between Fiend, Strowman and Seth.

- Fatal four way on the HIAC pre-show to determine Rey’s challenger between AJ, Ricochet, Joe and another babyface (Cedric?). AJ wins. Rey vs. AJ at HIAC with AJ losing, but having the out due to competing earlier in the night.

- Strowman pins Seth in HIAC; Fiend and Seth can continue their story on Smackdown, Strowman’s win sets him up to be Rey’s challenger for Saudi.

- Strowman finally wins the belt.

- On SD, Fiend beats Seth and targets Brock for Survivor Series (not sure if Raw vs. SD will be the theme again). Seth has to rebuild on SD, maybe turns heel on Roman eventually because Seth as a face isn’t working.

I think Fox is valuing The Fiend more highly than someone WWE values highly, Roman Reigns, and that bodes well for Fox because of the FS1 piece of the equation.

See, initially I thought Roman/Brock was a lock for WM. Right now I’m probably at 60% on Roman/Brock. Fox seems to really want Fiend, demanding him. I wouldn’t be surprised if Fox values him the most of anyone not named Lesnar at the moment.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
We should WCW Rey because its Rey and he's boring.

He wins the title. Fiend comes out. Kevin Nash comes out and says to the Fiend "I've got this" Lawn darts Rey into the side of a WWE truck.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We should WCW Rey because its Rey and he's boring.

He wins the title. Fiend comes out. Kevin Nash comes out and says to the Fiend "I've got this" Lawn darts Rey into the side of a WWE truck.
Would mark for this

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I'm def watching... at least 12 hours of wrestling this week. :laugh: I'm def not missing a single show. This is one of those moments in history.
I have been pretty excited for AEW and the new NXT stuff....but it's not on TV here, and Wednesday is the first night of the hockey season...so that takes it out at the knees just a little bit lol

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I think — off the top of my head, and trying to channel Heyman’s brain here — I could see

- Rey wins the title; Fiend appears and stalks Rey and Seth, Strowman appears, Fiend disappears.

- Triple threat HIAC, non-title (obvs) between Fiend, Strowman and Seth.

- Fatal four way on the HIAC pre-show to determine Rey’s challenger between AJ, Ricochet, Joe and another babyface (Cedric?). AJ wins. Rey vs. AJ at HIAC with AJ losing, but having the out due to competing earlier in the night.

- Strowman pins Seth in HIAC; Fiend and Seth can continue their story on Smackdown, Strowman’s win sets him up to be Rey’s challenger for Saudi.

- Strowman finally wins the belt.

- On SD, Fiend beats Seth and targets Brock for Survivor Series (not sure if Raw vs. SD will be the theme again). Seth has to rebuild on SD, maybe turns heel on Roman eventually because Seth as a face isn’t working.

I think Fox is valuing The Fiend more highly than someone WWE values highly, Roman Reigns, and that bodes well for Fox because of the FS1 piece of the equation.

See, initially I thought Roman/Brock was a lock for WM. Right now I’m probably at 60% on Roman/Brock. Fox seems to really want Fiend, demanding him. I wouldn’t be surprised if Fox values him the most of anyone not named Lesnar at the moment.

SD is getting Bray as well? Seth/Bray/Brock/Bryan/Roman. RAW isn't gonna have anyone left lol

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
SD is getting Bray as well? Seth/Bray/Brock/Bryan/Roman. RAW isn't gonna have anyone left lol
Send Black over there. He's been doing jack all on Smackdown. There just seems to be no plan for him creatively. A feud with Styles writes itself.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Send Black over there. He's been doing jack all on Smackdown. There just seems to be no plan for him creatively. A feud with Styles writes itself.
Oh man, I forgot about Black, that's terrible. They've shafted so many good NXT talents, its a shame. I agree to putting him on RAW. he stands no chance on SD with it basically becoming the heavy #1 show now.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Andrade, Black should go to RAW.
but im guessing Charlotte stays in Smackdown, so Andrade stays........ so Zelina stays? and Black should stay too? lol
this couples complicate things a little bit huhuh.

but Black and Zelina have like no say, i suppose in all this. (cuz theyre not as big as Charlotte)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Fox wants Andrade which means Black is going to be on Smackdown regardless because of Zelina.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Fox wants Andrade which means Black is going to be on Smackdown regardless because of Zelina.
Bleh. Throw him with Nakamura. He should be in the thick of something. He's too good to be sitting at home and asking people to "pick fights" with him.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
starting tonight how many titles are on the line this week?
all of them?

theres like 10 matches with RAW,SD, NXT, AEW combined lol

this week is insane.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Are you guys being sarcastic about thinking Rey wins tonight? lol. It'd be awesome if he does, will have to see what happens.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Are you guys being sarcastic about thinking Rey wins tonight? lol. It'd be awesome if he does, will have to see what happens.

speculation.
fox seems to want Wyatt.
so we think Seth is losing tonight, that way at HIAC theres no title on the line.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
They booked themselves into a bad corner w/ Bray being around the title. Once that title is on him - we are in a slippery slope. The cheap way is to give it to Rey and have BRay just go fn nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad