Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
fake Razor Ramon.

RIP-Bognar-1520x1000.jpg

Reactions: CHGoalie27

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Does anyone know what Punk has been doing otherwise? No need to rehash his MMA attempts. He was trying to write comic books, but he hasn't seemed to gain any notoriety out of it, although maybe someone who runs in the comic book circles knows better. Hardly has done any acting or TV, in fact his biggest role was before he left (do people still watch the Challenge?).

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Does anyone know what Punk has been doing otherwise? No need to rehash his MMA attempts. He was trying to write comic books, but he hasn't seemed to gain any notoriety out of it, although maybe someone who runs in the comic book circles knows better. Hardly has done any acting or TV, in fact his biggest role was before he left (do people still watch the Challenge?).

I mean, he's not Stan Lee, but he was writing comics for Marvel.

I'm guessing he probably does that for fun more than money. Doubt it's very lucrative for anybody not named Stan Lee.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He did a couple of movies but nothing high profile.

The MMA world definitely doesn’t seem to respect him, whereas the wrestling world is easier on him and applauds him for at least trying.

I never wanted to say anything because he was seemingly happy for the last five years, which is first and foremost, but I think he’s realized that the wrestling world is where he’s most beloved always.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If the brands stay split, yes, that's exactly what they expect. Fox still has leverage even though they're paying the money, they can put them down on FS1 at any time.
I recall hearing that Fox cannot move Smackdown to FS1.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I recall hearing that Fox cannot move Smackdown to FS1.
In the TV business there's always a way. One of their execs was already insinuating a move not long after the deal was made and that was a year ago.

Oct 18, 2011
The chances of Punk appearing on AEW also seem slim based on Cody's comments on that ColliderLive show. How he "made them look like dumbasses, by saying we sent him a text message offer".
AEW has themselves to blame here, they never should have put anything in public about trying to sign him or wanting him beyond saying "Any wrestling organization would love him etc" but this is what happens when you have people who have no experience running a wrestling company and they are already doing some things that make you concerned about the long term future, BUT they do have some smart people there so hopefully they learn from these things.

Oct 18, 2011
This really needs to be used in a PSA against plastic surgery. It's kinda sad to see beautiful people decide that they need to have this much surgery and ruin themselves.

I wasn't that big on Charlotte, but she looks absolutely brutal these days.

dude wtf happened to her?

Oct 18, 2011
The report indicated that it was something that happened around the time where Punk had the public spat with them where he said they would use his name for publicity.

We probably won’t know the entire details, but if the AEW guys are telling Dave this - which is where he gets his info from anyways - I’m inclined to believe it.

I would say smokescreen / work if the AEW guys were feeding Dave that info and there was NOTHING on Punk with Fox, but that clearly seems to not be the case and Punk’s heart seems to still be with WWE. I mean, he and Vince, despite the turmoil, had a great relationship according to Punk before he quit, Vince cried when Punk told him he was done and Punk’s said he was a bit upset that the texting between the two stopped after he left (until the termination papers).

Like I said, and I can’t believe I’m saying it, but at this point I’d expect Punk back in WWE by April the latest. It seems like it’s what all parties want.
AEW would not work Dave, Khan and him are friends and they've supposedly solicited opinions from him. He knows the story but hasn't been given the thumbs up to tell it and he probably doesn't want to burn that bridge with them

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
in one side Since All In to AEW announcement, back to ALL OUT. They didnt stop asking questions about Punk.
and the other side ALSO that Bucks and Cody ALWAYS answering and saying how good friends they are and they talk all the time.

they shoulda always avoided answering. (they kinda did at first.)

but they were totally using his name.
i would be mad. (if i already refused an offer or told them not to talk)

Reactions: KaseMeOutside
Oct 18, 2011
I do have to say Punk choosing WWE kind of goes against alot of what you thought he stood for as a brand, and then as a person IRT the lawsuit.

I don't know him going back to the corporate entity instead of the young startup seems odd, but someone else pointed out Heyman running raw and if that's truly the case I guess he has someone he can trust there whereas AEW doesn't have someone like that yet

But it's a business at the end of the day I can't say at this point I want to see him with a bland company, I want to get back into the shows but everything I see on youtube is still the same trash promos, horrible overacting, and the same WWE production that we've seen for the last 20 years. Hopefully FOX pushes them to evolve more

The studio show is interesting, yes WWE and FOX have a relationship but so does FOX and the NFL and they do not hesitate to criticize the most profitable brand in this country. So if WWE thinks they're off limits they're probably mistaken

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WWE pulled talents from that indy show when they learned it was run by RevPro and the incident with the referee last month. They deemed it an environment they didn’t want their talent working in and pulled them for their protection. Speculation that it was because of association with NJPW is wrong, per PWInsider.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
CM Punk and Colt Cabana have settled out of court, but based off Punk’s tweets about it, there’s not going to be any reconciling anytime soon.

The interesting thing is timing. Punk’s camp tried to have it dismissed, but that failed. One day later, Punk seemingly paid Colt what he wanted because Colt would have had no reason to settle. With the recent news of Punk and his association with Fox and WWE, it’s interesting. He doesn’t want a lawsuit hanging over his head, and after losing seven figures in one court case and now settling this one, he probably thinks he’s going to get a nice payday from somewhere to recoup the losses in someway would be my guess.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
CM Punk and Colt Cabana have settled out of court, but based off Punk’s tweets about it, there’s not going to be any reconciling anytime soon.

The interesting thing is timing. Punk’s camp tried to have it dismissed, but that failed. One day later, Punk seemingly paid Colt what he wanted because Colt would have had no reason to settle. With the recent news of Punk and his association with Fox and WWE, it’s interesting. He doesn’t want a lawsuit hanging over his head, and after losing seven figures in one court case and now settling this one, he probably thinks he’s going to get a nice payday from somewhere to recoup the losses in someway would be my guess.
I don't think the thing with Colt makes him look good at all. The reason Colt was included in the suit was solely to make him turn on Punk (another wonderful feature of the disgusting overflowing toilet that is the American legal system) and he had the integrity to refuse at great personal cost. For starters if he had turned on Punk he almost surely been given a job with WWE shortly thereafter.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So this happened:

Wonder if he does end up on Smackdown

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Ppl seem to be raking Punk on this one, I am a big fan of his professionally, but he is really messed up personally...trying to play the victim card...yikes

Reactions: ColePens

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Cain Velasquez is in talks with both AEW and WWE about a contract. He had a workout with the WWE last year, but more recently, when speaking to ESPN, stated that he was more interested in what AEW was doing.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

I mean, he’s kind of right. We’ll never know what truly happened, but by the accounts I’ve seen, he was still willing to help Colt legally through the WWE case despite their falling out but Colt sought other representation and Punk’s offer was only good if they were under the same counsel.

So this happened:

Wonder if he does end up on Smackdown

Yeah, that’s on purpose lol. How do you navigate HIAC if Fiend won’t win the title off Seth, though? Do you do another no contest for a second year in a row?

Ppl seem to be raking Punk on this one, I am a big fan of his professionally, but he is really messed up personally...trying to play the victim card...yikes

It was only documented a bit in his WWE documentary DVD, but his childhood and upbringing was filled with people who did him wrong, in same cases flat out stealing from him. I mean, he asked his friends’ parents to adopt him, iirc. His brother stole cash from him on a backyard fed they were pursuing together and just left.

It’s really sad that his upbringing made him so untrustworthy and really sad that his 20-year friendship with Colt came to an end because of it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
All that said, Punk is lying on Twitter. His camp wanted to dismiss the case but that was declined by the judge, so they then wanted to settle. Colt seemed content going to court and getting back his money, which he and his team must have thought was going to happen if Colt didn’t want to settle initially. They probably gave him everything he wanted.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, that’s on purpose lol. How do you navigate HIAC if Fiend won’t win the title off Seth, though? Do you do another no contest for a second year in a row?

Yeah, I guess FOX is getting Bray like they wanted.

My guess is No Contest.

Unless you do something where Bray wins, drags Seth away, and the title is just left in the ring?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So like... SD built around Roman, Brock, Fiend, Seth, Becky, Andrade (since Fox wanted the Latino who’s young, apparently)

Raw around Club, Balor, Rey, Joe...?

Im almost definitely forgetting about some high profile guys for Raw, but if anyone can make it work it’d be Heyman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad