Monthly News Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
- Apparently Wrestlemania ticket sales saw a HUGE boost once Daniel Bryan was cleared to compete and announced for the show, and now the show is about a thousand tickets away from selling out, and it wasn't even close to looking like it would sell out before Bryan was cleared.

- Reigns did an interview and talked about his WM31 match with Lesnar and said Lesnar cracked his ribs in the opening and Reigns wrestled a large portion of the year with messed up ribs.
This WM was very mediocre prior to DB coming back. I don't think the show would'vesold out tbh

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The WrestleMania kick off show starts at 5pm and the main show is expected to run until 12am, but as seen at WM32, could run past that.

We’re looking at a 7 to 8 hour show lmao

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
People keep saying 6 hour show, i'm out here being like try 7 1/2

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I expect it to go until 12:30. Has there been any indication of what matches will be on the pre-show?

I get the sense both battle royals will be on the pre-show (Andre being in the block that airs on the USA Network) for maximum exposure, I feel like the Cruiserweights may end up on the pre-show, so that'd be three.

I think those are the safe bets, as I can't imagine someone like Randy Orton being on the pre-show, especially with Rusev added into the match solely because of his merchandise sales. I can't see that one ending up on the pre-show. The entire story of The Usos' this RTWM has been that they stole the year in 2017 and have finally earned their match on the main show. That won't be on the pre-show. Strowman on the pre-show? I don't see that either. Rollins isn't going to be on the pre-show.

So, all that said, the two battle royals and the CW match are the only things I see as viable pre-show candidates.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Alexa vs Nia could be an option too, if you don't want to use it as the break match.

I'd put the men's battle royal and the cruiserweight final on TV for sure. Andre is getting a push right now and Alexander vs Ali is the best singles match they can give you on the pre-show. Probably the women's better royal on the non-TV part.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
yeah, I'd probably do:

5pm pre-show slot: woman's battle royal
6pm pre-show slot: CW finals, Andre Battle Royal

7pm: U.S. Title, IC Title
8pm: Bryan's return match, Raw Tag Titles, SD Women's Title
9pm: Rousey/Angle vs. HHH/Stephanie, SD Tag Titles
10pm: Cena/Taker, WWE Title
11pm: Raw Women's Title, Universal Title (we all know this is closing)

note: this is just in the hour the matches would star, some would spill into the next hour, plus you have promos and whatnot

just something quick for a layout, I guess.

I'd have the U.S. Title open only if Rusev wins, otherwise, go with the IC Title if the title is changing hands. If neither title is changing hands, IC Title to open because it'll probably be longer and do good to get the crowd involved and hot, although Rusev's presence alone will probably get the fans going for the U.S. Title match.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not convinced women's battle royal is pre-show. They won't put both battle royals on the pre-show, and they've been making a much bigger deal over the women's one (despite the rumors of wanting to make the men's one a big deal because of the Andre doc).

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
there is really zero chance of AJ closing

my money is on Ronda, but Reigns and Taker are all candidates

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Aj vs Nakamura should close if they want to close on a positive note and make fans turn off the show happy
It’s had such a weak build. There is no chance AJ/Nakamura closes.

If they wanted fans to leave on a high note (when have they cared about that over the past three Wrestlemanias?) then Bryan would close because his return has taken over and overshadowed literally everything else on the card.

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec
It’s had such a weak build. There is no chance AJ/Nakamura closes.

If they wanted fans to leave on a high note (when have they cared about that over the past three Wrestlemanias?) then Bryan would close because his return has taken over and overshadowed literally everything else on the card.
If they are smart, then they should do that.

The ending of past wrestlemania were so bad besides Rollins cash in

Either Bryan or AJ/Nakamura

Pure wrestling at his best

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If they are smart, then they should do that.

The ending of past wrestlemania were so bad besides Rollins cash in

Either Bryan or AJ/Nakamura

Pure wrestling at his best
Yeah but they won’t. They’ve clearly built Roman/Lesnar up to be the closer, but as mentioned, it can just as easily be Taker/Cena or Ronda’s match.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Why?

The Ronda match will suck, Reigns will be booooh so heavily and Taker-Cena match will be very slow and horrible

Ronda match will suck, but WWE thinks its a big deal

Reigns match will get booed, but its Reigns and WWE so.....

Taker match depends if hes legit retiring this time lol

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec
Yeah but they won’t. They’ve clearly built Roman/Lesnar up to be the closer, but as mentioned, it can just as easily be Taker/Cena or Ronda’s match.
Working in sales/marketing, you always try to listen to what your customers wants,

I can’t understand why they keep pushing again and again a guy that nobody’s wants to see at the top

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Working in sales/marketing, you always try to listen to what your customers wants,

I can’t understand why they keep pushing again and again a guy that nobody’s wants to see at the top
It's the logical thing to do. But WWE doesn't do the logical thing, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten Reigns/Taker closing last year, or Reigns/HHH closing the year before.

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec
Doesn’t even deserve that honor, fans don’t even wanna see him, his wrestling his average, his mics skills is average

The whole vest wearing character is only good for the shield,

Rollins and Ambrose changed gear but not him

Oct 18, 2011
[QUOTE="ColePens, post: 143851087, member: 68936"ieve how many WMs Reigns is main eventing. Blows my mind a guy like Punk only wanted to close the show of shows and Reigns is doing it every single year.[/QUOTE]
And Punk drew more money and sold WAY more merch. It shows how much Vince digs in on a position...

Reactions: ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad