Monthly News Thread (March 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He would if he came back. He'd be bigger than he was back then. And he was pretty big.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
While I don't care for Punk or if he ever returns, it would be the next biggest return now that Bryan is making his (in ring return) at Mania. He'd probably be a bit of a draw as well, I'd assume. At least for a little while

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah I cannot think of anyone returning to wrestling full time that would have a bigger impact than Punk. He would be huge.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He would be a huge draw.

Bryan returning is cool, but I'd still be fine missing SmackDown.

Punk is the only guy that would have me watching every week.

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
The Rock would be bigger, no?

Punk would be a nice return, but doesn’t he have another fight lined up?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don’t think CM Punk is very realistic for the foreseeable future either, though. At least The Rock will show up when his schedule allows for a special appearance.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Big Show is inducting Mark Henry. better reinforce the stage

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I wouldn’t be shocked if AJ/Shinsuke is the first match

I hate how true this is.

Looking at this card, it's actually kinda crazy how none of it (minus the battle royals) deserve to be on the pre-show. Even the CW title.

Opening match is so important for the crowd - if the SD tag titles become a ladder match, I could see WM opening to New Day's music. Otherwise, I could also see Bryan/Owens/Zayn opening.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Rock would be bigger, no?

Punk would be a nice return, but doesn’t he have another fight lined up?
The Rock is so different from when he was actually in WWE full time that I wouldn't care one bit about him ever returning to the company if he truly decided he wanted to. Not that it'd ever happen.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
oh god now im sure this is happening

Edge’s last match vs Del Rio for the World Title went on first. They seem to believe putting a “feature match” first and one at the top of every hour is the way to go on such a long show.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
The card is very heavy and WWE is going to likely want to space out Reigns/Lesnar, Styles/Nakamura, Cena/Undertaker, and Rousey-Angle/HHH-McMahon. It's gonna be interesting to see how they do this. I personally don't see the issue in airing big matches consecutively, Wrestlemania 19 did it and was perfectly fine but also the shows weren't as long back then.

Cena/Taker will likely be slower and not a barn burner - wouldn't mind if they threw it between the World Title matches.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The card is very heavy and WWE is going to likely want to space out Reigns/Lesnar, Styles/Nakamura, Cena/Undertaker, and Rousey-Angle/HHH-McMahon. It's gonna be interesting to see how they do this. I personally don't see the issue in airing big matches consecutively, Wrestlemania 19 did it and was perfectly fine but also the shows weren't as long back then.

Cena/Taker will likely be slower and not a barn burner - wouldn't mind if they threw it between the World Title matches.

Or just not do a match at all there with regards to Cena/Taker. lol

Reactions: BonMorrison
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad