Monthly News Thread (January 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
seems like Itami worked his last match tonight
reports says he was granted his release.
(from Fightful. not sure how legit. but.....)

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Sad to see Dean go. He is awesome (most of the time). That feud with Rollins was biggest disappointment ever.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So Dave mentioned today that the Charlotte/Ronda finish at survivor series would’ve been the same if Becky was in it. The idea to put Charlotte back into the match at Wrestlemania was born out of how big the reaction was.

Last edited:

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
If they hadn't done Charlotte-Asuka last year at Mania...that would've been a nice co-main event instead of (potentially) adding onto the Becky-Ronda match. I don't see how you couldn't have Asuka basically challenge Charlotte to a rematch of last year and have her belt on the line.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
If they hadn't done Charlotte-Asuka last year at Mania...that would've been a nice co-main event instead of (potentially) adding onto the Becky-Ronda match. I don't see how you couldn't have Asuka basically challenge Charlotte to a rematch of last year and have her belt on the line.

Hopefully that happens and they are just going with Becky vs Charlotte for one of the two remaining PPVs.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
This was a storyline though lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Punk had already re-signed by this time, they even had new merch the night MITB aired (which was a giveaway that a lot of people noticed).

Sidenote - one of the best promo videos in the companies history.

By his own admission, he signed an extension with the company through MITB that he wouldn't have signed if the match wasn't the main event.

He didn't sign his actual 3 year extension until the night of MITB.

His new merch the night of MITB wasn't a giveaway, as it even had, "Chicago 07/17/11" written on it. When he "Returned" that was removed. It was seen as an exclusive shirt which is why they were selling for hundreds on eBay. (People probably felt really stupid 8 days later, lol)

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
By his own admission, he signed an extension with the company through MITB that he wouldn't have signed if the match wasn't the main event.

He didn't sign his actual 3 year extension until the night of MITB.

His new merch the night of MITB wasn't a giveaway, as it even had, "Chicago 07/17/11" written on it. When he "Returned" that was removed. It was seen as an exclusive shirt which is why they were selling for hundreds on eBay. (People probably felt really stupid 8 days later, lol)

Ohhhh touché

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Rollins won the Rumble and earned a trip to the University of Phoenix

eVVdLLa.jpg

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Sad to see Dean go. He is awesome (most of the time). That feud with Rollins was biggest disappointment ever.

Honestly I have to say that there's very few singles matches featuring Ambrose that I can remember. His move set got really boring and his finisher is just a variation of a DDT. When you exclude the mic work, you're left with just another version of The Meh. Solid worker willing to take bumps but doesn't really produce a "holy shit" moment in a match that the top in-ring workers do.

Reactions: Dale Cooper

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

It would still be a nice co-main event that they should go through with. I want to see Charlotte-Asuka II where Asuka gets the win back. She needs it and it maintains that the Smackdown Women's Championship is no joke and on a legitimate champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad