Monthly News Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Knowing Dave, the quote was probably something along the lines of:

"Ya know, Lacey, yeah, Lacey Evans ya know... *BONG RIP* I dunno... Ya know, it seems they're really behind her, ya know, But I dunno."

"So Lacey Evans is getting a super-big push." He said "super-big push" 4 times, then directly compared her to Lana (and Zelina Vega which I disagree on) as a well-played character who can't work, and said there's people in the company he respects that are telling him how high they are on her but he doesn't think it will work because he doesn't think people don't want women who can't work in high-profile matches (he's right). He was actually pretty succinct and direct.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I guess I'm the only one who's just not big on her character?

Wasn't overly impressed when they had her talk with Alexa. And I just don't think the niche characters that work on NXT translate to the main roster.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
The right thing to do was Charlotte/Asuka II at WM, but that ship has long sailed.

Who does Asuka face now? Mandy Rose or Sonya Deville? Blegh. Lacey Evans would be worse.

I'd rather see Nia Jax/Asuka than anyone else on the SD roster besides Charlotte.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I can see it being both Sonya AND Mandy tbh and they'll make the storyline leading up and during the match be them slowly crumbling as a team. It's not going to be interesting but it's something they would do. :laugh:

Either way Asuka is gonna win at Mania.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave thinks Vega can't work ? Oh boy
They haven't really put her in a position to work, but if you're going by how she's been booked as a wrestler thus far, he's not wrong.

I guess I'm the only one who's just not big on her character?

Wasn't overly impressed when they had her talk with Alexa. And I just don't think the niche characters that work on NXT translate to the main roster.

This board voted Elias as the most improved wrestler 2 months ago.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
They haven't really put her in a position to work, but if you're going by how she's been booked as a wrestler thus far, he's not wrong.

Maybe. I haven't seen a Ton of her in ring work, but from what I have seen, she seems passable. Fairly fun to a degree. Not mind-blowing like some of the other top girls, but she seems to work decently enough.
Not like say, an Elias who is mind numbingly bad/boring in the ring.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

This board voted Elias as the most improved wrestler 2 months ago.

Elias character actually works on the main roster and didn't work on NXT. Pretty much the complete opposite of most guys going through the system.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Elias character actually works on the main roster and didn't work on NXT. Pretty much the complete opposite of most guys going through the system.
That's exactly what they're doing with Lacey Evans

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Credit goes to @Falco Lombardi but apparently...

Corey Graves Separated from Wife For Months, Divorce Close to Being Finalized

Corey Graves’ ex-wife publicly accused the WWE announcer this weekend of cheating on her with Carmella, but we’re told the truth of the matter is different.

Sources close to Graves tell us he and Amy Polinksy have been in the divorce process for around six months and Corey has been living in a different home for two of those months.

We’re told Corey informed his ex over the weekend that he was now seeing someone else — a relationship that began after he had moved out of their home — and she reacted in a very public way. In case you missed it …
Amy posted a photo on Twitter of their family and claimed Graves had been “sleeping with one of my daughters role models all along,” Carmella.

Polinksy deleted the post, but posted others throughout the day about the situation before her Instagram account was taken down.
Our sources say that despite how it was made to sound on social media, Corey did not get caught cheating on his wife with Carmella and their divorce is close to being finalized.

It's a good thing the public waited to hear all the details before attacking both Corey and Carmella.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
apparently this was the first PPV without any member of the Shield since they debuted.
I was thinking about that and figured that had to be the case. It's actually fairly surprising how much the crowd was into considering how many of their biggest starts were not on the show.

This show didn't have the following people booked for aa match:
Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins
Dean Ambrose
Brock Lesnar
Charlotte
Becky Lynch
Rey Mysterio
Asuka should be a big star considering the position she's been in the past couple of months

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I don’t hate the approach of having cards like that if they can deliver.
If you tell me kofi vs Bryan before last Tuesday. I would have care less.

He took every second and he shined.
I didn’t miss Seth or John cena last night.

I didn’t miss Asuka.

Fresh card ideas are always welcome

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
PJ Black (Justin Gabriel) revealed that NXT wanted to sign him, but he turned them down to sign with ROH. He said he also had an offer from Impact.

He said on WWE TV, you are very limited, while on the Indies he can do what he wants. He views wrestling as an art and limiting artists doesn’t make sense.

He says his deal with ROH is for a lot of money and only 12 months and then continues with a 30 day opt out.

He said his ultimate goal is to be in NJPW, because as a South African it was always very hard to enter Japan.

He said if he achieves that, then maybe he’ll consider sports entertainment again

Last edited:

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Lacey Evans is just boring from head to toe. I saw Lance Storm trained her, but she's not some wrestling machine like a Benoit that is going to change anything.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Lacey Evans is just boring from head to toe. I saw Lance Storm trained her, but she's not some wrestling machine like a Benoit that is going to change anything.
you're thinking of someone else because Lance Storm did not train her

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
She wasn't trained by Lance, she's 100% WWE made.

He did some guest training a while ago for a week at the Performance Centre, so maybe you saw something about that. I know he worked with the women a bunch while he was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad