Monthly News Thread (April 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Nikki Cross

No clue what their plan is with Nikki, as per usual.

After her "debut" against Becky in Manchester, she hasn't done much outside of a contrived tag with the equally crazy Alicia Fox that fell flat for obvious reasons. Oh and she's been shown cheering on Kofi backstage once or twice, but that's just jobber central usually.

I'm hoping whenever WWE gets around to re-introducing Wyatt, they'll find a home for Nikki as his new Sister Abigail or something. :dunno:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Maybe WWE took a step back and realized how badly they depleted Smackdown's roster.

Here's hoping they actually use Black and Almas.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
PWInsider.com has been told that the move to bring Andrade and Vega back to Smackdown was made, in part, at the request of FOX as the brand lacked any major Latino stars following the Superstar Shakeup last week and that once the series moves to FOX this October, there are plans to spotlight WWE's Latino stars on their Spanish language station, Fox Deportes.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Because we all hate ourselves, that's why

To be fair - i haven't watched a full Raw in probably years. I, at most, watch 20-30 minutes and just listen to podcasts and refresh around here to see what happened. On top of the other million viewers who left, I don't watch due to reasons like that.

I do watch NXT, though! And I cannot wait for AEW. AEW + NXT will give me major wrestling fix.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
To be fair - i haven't watched a full Raw in probably years. I, at most, watch 20-30 minutes and just listen to podcasts and refresh around here to see what happened. On top of the other million viewers who left, I don't watch due to reasons like that.

I do watch NXT, though! And I cannot wait for AEW. AEW + NXT will give me major wrestling fix.

I tend to watch recaps on YouTube most often and watch the PPV’s/TakeOver’s live. Depends on work, what else is in, anything else I’m doing.

When I do watch it live, it honestly depends on how good the show is going.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Sounds like June's PPV (Backlash) is going to be cancelled since they're doing a big show in Saudi Arabia the previous week. Backlash would have been the first PPV in San Diego in about a decade.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Meltzer says that Tony Khan’s choice to build AEW around isn’t Jericho or Omega but CM Punk.

It’s safe to say that if Punk wanted to wrestle again, he’d get a massive offer from AEW. Punk reportedly returned under a mask, running in on an indie match.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
- Meltzer says that Tony Khan’s choice to build AEW around isn’t Jericho or Omega but CM Punk.

It’s safe to say that if Punk wanted to wrestle again, he’d get a massive offer from AEW. Punk reportedly returned under a mask, running in on an indie match.
That's... strage thinking on the part of Tony Khan.

I love me some CM Punk, but I don't think I'd want to build my one hundred million+ dollar investment around a guy that claims to hate wrestling, hasn't wrestled in years, and is known as being extremely difficult to work with.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's not strange at all.

Punk is the biggest free agent star they could possibly get. If you don't want him, you're an idiot. The fact that he wasn't interested doesn't matter, he was still the correct guy to be at the top of your list of possible guys. He's the wrong guy to base you entire plans around getting, but he's the correct guy to build around if you do get him

Omega is great and all, but he's nothing close of Punk in terms of stardom. Jericho is a big star too, but he's also 48 and can't be your main guy.

But this isn't new, it's been known AEW wanted Punk since before it was even a company. Meltzer just mentioned it in the context of the match that was apparently Punk, and saying that if he was returning that AEW really wanted him but he said no before.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It's not strange at all.

Punk is the biggest free agent star they could possibly get. If you don't want him, you're an idiot. The fact that he wasn't interested doesn't matter, he was still the correct guy to be at the top of your list of possible guys. He's the wrong guy to base you entire plans around getting, but he's the correct guy to build around if you do get him

Omega is great and all, but he's nothing close of Punk in terms of stardom. Jericho is a big star too, but he's also 48 and can't be your main guy.

But this isn't new, it's been known AEW wanted Punk since before it was even a company. Meltzer just mentioned it in the context of the match that was apparently Punk, and saying that if he was returning that AEW really wanted him but he said no before.
If CM Punk truly does have intentions of coming back and goes to AEW, all of what you said makes sense.

Until then, it's strange thinking.

Oct 18, 2011
I’m sure there are many people who haven’t seen one Omega or Young Bucks match.

CM Punk is a huge star compared to them.
Just putting myself in the owner chair here..

I'd pay for a big name to bring in casuals so I can expose guys like Omega and Hangman Page to more people. And ideally you're using Punk to strap the rocket to Kenny

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Building around a 48 year old Jericho wouldn't make any sense anyways lol.

Realistically, Punk would be there to be a star, but even he is nearing 40. He's there to draw eyes to the product for the guys who'll eventually carry the company. Kenny, Cody, Hangman, and eventually Marty when he comes over. Plus whoever else they snag. Maybe Dean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad