Monthly News Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Taker is either doing a full program with Cena or anytime he comes back he’s doing 2-4 minute matches.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
WWE is partnering with Impact to release a "Best of the Hardy Boyz" DVD

Reactions: Fro

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
That's really interesting. Hopefully this is the first of many, TNA have a ton of footage that WWE could make good use for. Maybe they'll even stop pretending that TNA doesn't exist...

Reactions: Fro

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That's really interesting. Hopefully this is the first of many, TNA have a ton of footage that WWE could make good use for. Maybe they'll even stop pretending that TNA doesn't exist...
I mean, Kurt did name it on Raw this past Monday so we’re at that point I’d think.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Jerry Lawler had a stroke on the 21st of March. Couldn't speak for 3 days. Only a couple people knew about it within WWE

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Rusev vs Taker is so damn random...poor Rusev. Gets added to a Mania match because he's over only to eat the pin and now he'll get buried by way past his prime Taker in under 5 minutes.... WWE is clueless

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Rusev vs Taker is so damn random...poor Rusev. Gets added to a Mania match because he's over only to eat the pin and now he'll get buried by way past his prime Taker in under 5 minutes.... WWE is clueless
On the bright side, Undertaker probably requested to work with RuRu.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would be shocked if Rusev was that over in Saudi Arabia. They’re already doing Lesnar/Roman again because Roman probably is.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
For some reason WWE management resents Rusev. I guess getting over without them gets you in the doghouse or marrying a really hot woman does if someone in said management wanted her for themselves..m

It wouldn't surprise me if WWE still held a grudge against Rusev for getting engaged to Lana in the middle of the program they were doing with them separated.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Doubt it, its probably more like
"Hey Taker you're facing Rusev"
"..ok"
Taker pretty much calls his shots. Sometimes they’ll be turned down, but he mostly calls his shots. He wanted to work Punk at 29, he wanted to work Bryan at 30 before they changed course and actually gave him his moment and shifted Taker to Brock.

There’s no reason to think Taker didn’t get to choose his opponent to fly all the way to Saudi Arabia to work this show, imo.

The only time I believe he didn’t get to call his shot was vs. Reigns.

And while yes, he’s old and whatnot, and we look at Rusev vs. Taker as bad for Rusev, the dude is probably giddy as all hell inside to be the one to get a match with Taker at this point in his career when Taker’s almost done. These guys all still want to work with him. Rollins has admitted to being jealous of being the only Shield member who never got a one-on-one with Taker for example.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
According to Terez Owens (???) - NBC and ESPN have agreed to split the rights to UFC.

This deal is worth a total of 320m/yr (160m/yr each).

could mean WWE does end in FOX as reported

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They were looking at $400m from FOX and FOX is more willing to give that number to WWE, so I'd expect it at this point unless USA throws stupid money at them.

Triple H has been vocal about 3 hours being too long and Vince probably feels the same way, and it was USA who forced WWE into live Christmas shows rather than taping ones last year.

If WWE can grab a $400m deal from FOX and bring their content back down to two hours per show, I think they jump at it, especially at the chance at being a huge network like FOX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad