Monthly News Thread (April 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Could you imagine what Rusev is going through? All your life you pray that window opens up and the fans buy into something that goes near viral. Rusev hits paydirt with Rusev Day and the crowds were losing their mind. His shirt and even the idiotic calendar is selling. Fans are chanting Rusev Day at other matches. It's finally his time to take the ball and run with it.

And WWE shits all over him. Can you imagine when you have a bag of money and everything you wished for right in front of you but they won't allow you to take it. :laugh: It's such a sick feeling, I imagine.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I remember when people thought WM 18 (or was it 19) was too long and exhausting. These shows are absurd.

If WM was 4 hours, it probably could have been a great 4 hours. It's too much.

thing is all the regular PPVs now will probably be 4 hours due to them going dual-brand now (5 hours with pre-show). That means all the big shows will probably go 5 hours not including pre-show. It's ridiculous.

WWE seems to be the only company I can think of off the top of my head that can't figure out that less is more.

Could you imagine what Rusev is going through? All your life you pray that window opens up and the fans buy into something that goes near viral. Rusev hits paydirt with Rusev Day and the crowds were losing their mind. His shirt and even the idiotic calendar is selling. Fans are chanting Rusev Day at other matches. It's finally his time to take the ball and run with it.

And WWE ****s all over him. Can you imagine when you have a bag of money and everything you wished for right in front of you but they won't allow you to take it. :laugh: It's such a sick feeling, I imagine.

If I were him, I'd accept my fate that I'm not one of WWE's handpicked guys (for some reason) and then just take solace in the fact that my bank account is (probably) looking great, along with the cars, wife and house lol.

Reactions: ColePens
Oct 18, 2011

And WWE ****s all over him. Can you imagine when you have a bag of money and everything you wished for right in front of you but they won't allow you to take it. :laugh: It's such a sick feeling, I imagine.
It must really piss them off that 4 years is invested in Reigns netting marginal returns, while the fans treat Rusev how they want them to treat Roman

Reactions: ColePens

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
It must really piss them off that 4 years is invested in Reigns netting marginal returns, while the fans treat Rusev how they want them to treat Roman
I wouldn't put it past Vince to be this petty. I almost want Rusev to leave WWE because of their supreme idiocy. Rusev is literally printing money right now and he got jobbed out to Jinder and Orton for the mid card belt. And then you have two of the most boring wrestlers on Smackdown duking it out for the belt instead. I have no interest in the mid card program. Rollins and his matches at least make it interesting over on Raw.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Rusev has removed all references of WWE from his Twitter.

He also tweeted that “Life is Life... it will be RusevDay somewhere”

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Chris Jericho said he's going to beat and bury The Undertaker at the GRR.

- Baron Corbin is still looked at as a future major player by Vince McMahon.

- According to the WON, the decision to make Undertaker/Cena so short was made months ago. It was reportedly the reason for the way it was built and how it became an impromptu match. At some point during the build, the company realized that Undertaker can't work a match of any real length and didn't want to straight up advertise him and have people expect one thing just to get a squash.

- Merchandise wise, Cena is still far and away #1, while Styles and Reigns battle it out for the #2 spot. New Day, Rollins, Balor, Strowman follow.

Last edited:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Vince should pull Corbin from all TV and shows and invest in hair plugs for him if he intends on making him a star tbh.

He has other flaws but nothing as glaring as that.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
And that's why Roman will continue to be Vince's boy.

Also, I don't know if it was mentioned in the past but apparently Dolph Ziggler hasn't signed a new contract with WWE?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

Also, I don't know if it was mentioned in the past but apparently Dolph Ziggler hasn't signed a new contract with WWE?

so the reports of a sweetheart deal werent true? interesting

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
- Chris Jericho said he's going to beat and bury The Undertaker at the GRR.

- Baron Corbin is still looked at as a future major player by Vince McMahon.

- According to the WON, the decision to make Undertaker/Cena so short was made months ago. It was reportedly the reason for the way it was built and how it became an impromptu match. At some point during the build, the company realized that Undertaker can't work a match of any real length and didn't want to straight up advertise him and have people expect one thing just to get a squash.

- Merchandise wise, Cena is still far and away #1, while Styles and Reigns battle it out for the #2 spot. New Day, Rollins, Balor, Strowman follow.

Where you getting all this stuff from?

Also, Baron Corbin as a top guy is hilarious. Almost as funny as last year when Meltzer was saying that he was their number one priority and Braun was number two, and that they saw Corbin as a bigger star than Braun.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

Because he is a distant 2nd in merch behind a part timer duking it out with a guy who is on the B show and booked to be of secondary importance to Shane McMahon? I don't follow the logic.

With his push, he should be #1 or at least competing with Cena.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Because he is a distant 2nd in merch behind a part timer duking it out with a guy who is on the B show and booked to be of secondary importance to Shane McMahon? I don't follow the logic.

With his push, he should be #1 or at least competing with Cena.
He gets booed out of every building and is still #2 in merch sales. When Cena leaves for good and/or they stop pumping his stuff, Roman will surely take over the #1 spot.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He gets booed out of every building and is still #2 in merch sales. When Cena leaves for good and/or they stop pumping his stuff, Roman will surely take over the #1 spot.

I don't know why anyone takes merch numbers seriously as reported. People need to take those things with a huge grain of salt for numerous reasons. WWE slants the merchandise game to favor their preferred guys.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

Cena was a serious downgrade from the previous fotc. Reigns can't even come close to touching Cena as a part timer at the tail end of his career. He is not a fotc and Vince is a fool if he still thinks he has that potential.

Compare his booking to Styles and tell me why this should be a competition. Styles isn't fotc material and he can't even clearly out-sell him.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Wasn't in Bubba Ray that was saying that shortly after Punk started to outsell Cena, they brought out multiple new Cena shirts and under produced Punk shirts so they'd sell out of buildings quickly, thus allowing Cena to sell more?

... It sounds like stupid business, but when you realize how many people this company has deliberately held back, I can 100% believe it.

Reactions: Fro

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Rusev has removed all references of WWE from his Twitter.

He also tweeted that “Life is Life... it will be RusevDay somewhere”

He's not going anywhere. WWE retweeted Lana's tweet.

All this reshuffling is imo because of the fact Jericho probably confirmed later than usual he could be at the GRR, and since this show is the equal of a money mark promotion, they figured Jericho would be a bigger draw. (on the offchute he can also take a take squash and not be effected)

Edit: Or alternatively, Jericho called Vince himself and wanted in. Basically how he operates now.

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Saudi dude probably just wanted two legends in there.

Where you getting all this stuff from?

Also, Baron Corbin as a top guy is hilarious. Almost as funny as last year when Meltzer was saying that he was their number one priority and Braun was number two, and that they saw Corbin as a bigger star than Braun.
I am big daddy Dave, bubba

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Saudi dude probably just wanted two legends in there.

I am big daddy Dave, bubba

Spider-Man-Made-Up-Names.gif

Oct 18, 2011
I don't know why anyone takes merch numbers seriously as reported. People need to take those things with a huge grain of salt for numerous reasons. WWE slants the merchandise game to favor their preferred guys.
Thanks to CM Punk we know this is true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad