Monthly News Thread (APRIL '17) - JBL bullying saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Was really hoping to go one weekend without Paige in the news.

I don't think you can go this weekend without hearing about everybody.

I think my favorite part about the whole news cycle this week though is that Wrestlemania is in Orlando, and TNA is nowhere to be seen or heard.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I watched the highlights of Finland beating Canada for the first time in Women's World Championships and our goal song was Sami Zayn's theme song. :yo:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meltzer said SD house shows are doing good business and consistently beating out Raw house shows.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He thinks they will do Brock vs Finn at some point, but will hold off for now.

I actually think Dave is wrong because he forget KO is owed a rematch. I bet we get KO vs Brock at Payback and KO gets murdered.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Nah man
There's a dent in the armour of Lesnar, after Goldberg
Have a competitive match with KO
Build some bloody stars

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Maybe AJ moving to Raw is to turn him Face, if as a her he is close to Reigns level of merch sales, as a face he would go through the roof as the little kiddies would buy his stuff along with his legions of older fans.

Kids go to the smackdown house show to see Roman and still buy his merch. Effectively making AJ the #1 face in the company.

And if you need another heel you always have Balor you can turn with the club in 3-6 months after his return. Maybe an double turn if Aj comes in and joins with his club buddies off the bat

I don't want Styles to go to Raw. They'll ruin him. That's the exact same crap that ruined the first brand extension. Keep him on Smackdown.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
To feud with who (after Orton)? All the best AJ matches are on RAW.

Nakamura.

Unless they plan to put Nakamura on RAW too and they no longer give a crap about SmackDown.

Styles-Orton
Styles-Nakamura

That takes you until the draft/summerslam.

Then post Summerslam you ideally have shaken it up a bit, and Styles has new people to feud with. Maybe he turns face and we see Styles/Corbin, Styles/Miz etc

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Apparently Almas is coming up. The Revival isn't definite.

theres a thread on reddit that says Meltzer said Nakamura, Dillinger and Almas are 100%. I cant check WOR right now but is this true?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Meltzer said that it's possible, depending on what happens with Mauro, that Jim Ross could do SmackDown announcing. He's not sure if JR would do it, because he has other commitments as well, but said if WWE pushes him, he very well could.

- Meltzer also said that Drew McIntyre will be on NXT, and he expects him to be there for a while. Being sort of a back bone guy.

- Meltzer says he sees Rollins as the next guy to face Lesnar. He also sees Balor and Strowman as possibilities over the next couple months. Thinks Reigns will be definitely saved for WM34. It's likely Brock will hold the title for the entire year

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Meltzer expecting Andrade Cien Almas to come up. Boy, would that be a mistake.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
So, if the plan is to save Roman for Brock next year, what the hell are they going to do with Roman for a year while Brock holds the title? Have him feud with Kane for the summer as Kane seeks revenge for Roman retiring Taker? Destroy a heel in a random feud in the fall before he wins the Rumble and sets up Reigns-Lesnar II?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So, if the plan is to save Roman for Brock next year, what the hell are they going to do with Roman for a year while Brock holds the title? Have him feud with Kane for the summer as Kane seeks revenge for Roman retiring Taker? Destroy a heel in a random feud in the fall before he wins the Rumble and sets up Reigns-Lesnar II?

That's not all that difficult honestly. Between now and next year's WrestleMania, you're looking at Payback, Extreme Rules, whatever Bad Blood turns into, Summerslam, Clash of Champions, Hell in a Cell, Survivor Series, Roadblock, Royal Rumble, and Fastlane. You can get one more match out of Strowman and Reigns. You can transition him over to KO for the US Title for Extreme Rules, Bad Blood placeholder, and Summerslam where Reigns retains the title. Clash of Champions he can retain his title against someone like Rusev and maybe a second time at Hell in a Cell. Throw him in another interpromotional Survivor Series tag match. Have him drop the title at Roadblock in a triple threat or fatal four way where someone like Joe or Finn or Zayn take the title. He goes into the Rumble and wins it and is subsequently booed. He gets his US Title rematch against any of those three where Brock costs him the match. Pretty easy to do.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Roman goes to Smackdown and they revisit it at the Rumble.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Limited numbers of dates. I think he does better with only one person on his side rather than 2 or 3.He even admitted that a few weeks back on his podcast.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, why would Stephanie trade Roman? He's now pretty much the hottest asset kayfabe wise for retiring Taker. It would take Smackdown giving up a ton of talent for him.

OH MY GOD

Styles + + + incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad