Monthly News Thread (APRIL '17) - JBL bullying saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Talk was starting the surface that that match won't be quick. Still don't think it'll go more than a few minutes though

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I haven't seen it but nikki posted literal video with the title being about the proposal rumor at WM and based on that we can just assume it's 100% not happening.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
nobody gives a **** about him doing lesnar-goldberg it has zero meaning.
It's not about giving a ****. You never will no matter what, you'll never accept any storyline and you'll always find a way to ***** about it. That's just how it is, it's basically why most of us are here lol.

But you can't ignore what the match is, and what it is trying to be. Even the most basic understanding of wrestling promoting should let you understand that. They have a big match between a legend and a monster, they've built it over a long time, they've made it bigger by putting it on the biggest show, they've made it bigger by involving the title, they're making it bigger with JR commentating.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
It's not about giving a ****. You never will no matter what, you'll never accept any storyline and you'll always find a way to ***** about it. That's just how it is, it's basically why most of us are here lol.

But you can't ignore what the match is, and what it is trying to be. Even the most basic understanding of wrestling promoting should let you understand that. They have a big match between a legend and a monster, they've built it over a long time, they've made it bigger by putting it on the biggest show, they've made it bigger by involving the title, they're making it bigger with JR commentating.

First off, how is this a storyline? :laugh:

putting JR on commentary for what will probably be a 5 minute match doesn't make it any bigger of a moment and it's not like it was even advertised if that were the case. People literally found out and reported about it well after the go home shows for mania. If that's your idea of trying to make the match bigger and hyped, that's a terrible job of it.

you think vince intended that? if that were the case he would have let JR do HBK vs Taker but guess what? he rejected the decision because he wanted the weekly commentary team to do it instead. If there was ever an oopurtunity to make a match more hyped by using JR, it would have been that.

I'm not against JR doing the match. I'm against the thought of it having to be once a millenium for him to show up and then having to do just 1 match when he's literally the best the WWE has ever had and quite possibly the best any wrestling company has ever had. Him being on 1 PPV once in a blue moon would not hurt whatsoever.

Last edited:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Goldberg vs Lesnar is a storyline. I'm confused why you'd think otherwise.

It's not about selling the show, it's about making it bigger in it's self. You don't need to advertise every last thing, surprises still happen when you take your head out of the wrestling gossip world (notice that WWE said nothing about JR's wife when every other company did? That was deliberate).

This is just a way of highlighting the match more when it's actually happening. JR doing a single match makes it stand out far more than if JR did the entire show. It's about being special on a big show. You have to understand that as it's too basic to really explain.

And Using JR now is extremely different from any other time in the past. The industry is at the start of a massive turf war, and JR is a key figure right in the middle of it. That is painfully obvious, so the past is very much irrelevant.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Goldberg vs Lesnar is a storyline. I'm confused why you'd think otherwise.

It's not about selling the show, it's about making it bigger in it's self. You don't need to advertise every last thing, surprises still happen when you take your head out of the wrestling gossip world (notice that WWE said nothing about JR's wife when every other company did? That was deliberate).

This is just a way of highlighting the match more when it's actually happening. JR doing a single match makes it stand out far more than if JR did the entire show. It's about being special on a big show. You have to understand that as it's too basic to really explain.

And Using JR now is extremely different from any other time in the past. The industry is at the start of a massive turf war, and JR is a key figure right in the middle of it. That is painfully obvious, so the past is very much irrelevant.

"You don't need to advertise every last thing"

You wanna tell that to the people that force them to say ultimte thrill ride and point at the mania logo 68,000 times the last 2 weeks?

or how they have advertised literally everything that is on the show including Al ****ing roker being the special guest for cena and miz's match?

please. if there's something to advertise, they will do it. this is the companmy that advertises gigantic returns on social media or house shows instead of at big events or even to end a weekly show.

Its pretty evident you're just basing all your points on your own opinion and don't accept anything else so i don't see the point in continuing this.

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I could care less about Paige, I was never a fan of hers when she wasn't in trouble all the time or doing stupid stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad