Monthly News Thread (APRIL '17) - JBL bullying saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
new Styles shirt half off. dont get paid till Friday. salty af.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
pwstream is reporting that WWE has reached an agreement to buy the broken gimmick

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Was talking about Val in the smackdown thread but came across this article and didn't want to derail it. Val talks about the wellness policy in the wwe. He is a canabis advocate at the moment.

To me it's not a stringent Wellness Policy at all. I could drive a Mack Truck through their Wellness Policy. The reality of the situation is I was on those pills and I was testing positive for those pills yet I passed my drug test every single time. The reason I passed my drug test every single time was because as soon as I'd test positive for Hydrocodone, Dr. Black from [Aegis Sciences] who is the main Doctor at the testing facility would call me up and ask for a valid prescription for Hydrocodone pills. I would send him a valid prescription and two weeks later I would get a letter in the mail saying CONGRATULATIONS you passed your wellness exam.

The fact that you have a valid prescription for these pills doesn't change the fact that people get addicted to them and die. Test [Andrew Martin] had a prescription for them. Almost every wrestler has had a prescription for them. They don't test for it, they say they test for the quantity of hydrocodone in your system. That's bullsh*t, they don't test for the quantity they test for the presence. Even though you may have a prescription for 90 (pills) you may have 1000 sitting in your house right now. The testing policy is a step in the right direction, but still we are allowing WWE talent to utilize Heroin in a pill, yet we will fine them $2,500 every time they test positive for THC.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...vocate-val-venis-holes-in-wwe-wellness-policy

So if what Val is saying is true, do you think that wrestlers can get prescriptions for testosterone, hgh and insulin? Say Getting a prescription for a low dose, but abusing the dosage for physique enhancement. Test is now prescribed to young children who are having gender questions at a young age so getting a prescription shouldn't be hard.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Part of the wellness policy is that you have to get all prescriptions from WWE doctors. So you can't go about shopping for a bunch of doctors to load up on whatever and still pass anymore.

Last year when they had that batch of suspensions some of the wrestlers claimed they had a normal prescription that just wasn't signed off by WWE. Think Eva was one of them.

Not to say that the wellness policy is great, it's still very flawed, but it has changed in this regard.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Part of the wellness policy is that you have to get all prescriptions from WWE doctors. So you can't go about shopping for a bunch of doctors to load up on whatever and still pass anymore.

Last year when they had that batch of suspensions some of the wrestlers claimed they had a normal prescription that just wasn't signed off by WWE. Think Eva was one of them.

Not to say that the wellness policy is great, it's still very flawed, but it has changed in this regard.

Isn't that what happened with Adam Rose too? He had a prescription from his family doctor but WWE didn't accept it.

I know Paige and Hornswoggle got Wellness Violations because they couldn't produce a urine sample or missed their appointment.

Meanwhile, Orton has worked off so many Wellness Violations he should have been fired a hundred times over. He seems to be in a much healthier state of mind lately, probably from his new marriage.

It's better than nothing but still implemented extremely poorly.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
pwstream is reporting that WWE has reached an agreement to buy the broken gimmick

Wonderful!

TUJPoOS.gif

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Isn't that what happened with Adam Rose too? He had a prescription from his family doctor but WWE didn't accept it.

I know Paige and Hornswoggle got Wellness Violations because they couldn't produce a urine sample or missed their appointment.

Meanwhile, Orton has worked off so many Wellness Violations he should have been fired a hundred times over. He seems to be in a much healthier state of mind lately, probably from his new marriage.

It's better than nothing but still implemented extremely poorly.

Correct, that's what led to his wellness violation - he claims it was a med for his ADHD, if I remember right. His release, however, was more directly tied to his arrest for domestic violence, IIRC.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
- The plan included AJ Styles dropping the WWE Title to The Undertaker at the Royal Rumble, but winning it back in the Elimination Chamber match where Cena would have eliminated The Undertaker to set up the match.
Lol never foget people wanted that fossil to win the title.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'd rather have Boreton than Taker who looked like he was going to die at Wrestlemania.
But that's not the 'Taker who would have won the title.

He'd only win if he was fit enough to follow the plan, which he clearly wasn't. If you got the Lesnar series version of 'Taker then it wouldn't be an issue at all (outside of the normal part time stuff).

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
So you don't want Taker to win the title to drop it in the next month but rather have Goldberg hold it for 2 and then Lesnar hold it hostage for a year

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
But that's not the 'Taker who would have won the title.

He'd only win if he was fit enough to follow the plan, which he clearly wasn't. If you got the Lesnar series version of 'Taker then it wouldn't be an issue at all (outside of the normal part time stuff).
Taker was done, but for some reason no one here believed it. Still meh on a dinosaur winning the title even if he is in good shape.

So you don't want Taker to win the title to drop it in the next month but rather have Goldberg hold it for 2 and then Lesnar hold it hostage for a year
That isn't the same title.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Taker was done, but for some reason no one here believed it. Still meh on a dinosaur winning the title even if he is in good shape.

That isn't the same title.
People did think he was done, or at the very least openly questioned his health and ability to have a good match. You are not unique in your very common and reasonable stance on 'Taker and his health.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Not seeing how Taker winning then dropping the title to AJ to set up a Taker/Cena match, while AJ headlines Mania as champion is worse then a Bray/Orton feud that completely fizzled out and lead to Orton winning the title at Mania.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Really happy we'll see Broken Matt. Fixed Matt sucks. Hopefully Vince let's Matt run with it.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
People did think he was done, or at the very least openly questioned his health and ability to have a good match. You are not unique in your very common and reasonable stance on 'Taker and his health.
Lol so everyone questioned if he could even put on a good match but advocated him winning the title from AJ? Awful.

Not seeing how Taker winning then dropping the title to AJ to set up a Taker/Cena match, while AJ headlines Mania as champion is worse then a Bray/Orton feud that completely fizzled out and lead to Orton winning the title at Mania.
Anyone with one foot in the grave winning the title at all usually isn't a good look. See: Goldberg (which everyone flipped out over)

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I see no reason why you can't both advocate the 'Taker plan while at the same time question his health and ability to carry it out. The plan is dependent on his health. It doesn't mean the plan isn't good or that you are pushing for it in the event that 'Taker would be unable to carry it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad