Monthly News Thread (APRIL '17) - JBL bullying saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
pro wrestling is the most popular sport in India. lots of money to be made from them.
theres literally a giant poster in the streets of Mahal in Kolkata holding the WWE title.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I can understand Jinder getting a push due to wanting to make more money out of India but they could've done a hell of a lot better in prepping him for this than they did. They could've done just half of what they did for Braun or any number of guys that they've put in prominent spots than complete jobber status until last week. I have no prohibitive reasons to not put Mahal in a prominent spot from a talent perspective. Merely that his look is bad from a PR perspective right now and that his character got no help and is just being hot-shot into the spot from a spot that otherwise wouldn't even make the pre-show of one of their many B or C PPV's.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I can understand Jinder getting a push due to wanting to make more money out of India but they could've done a hell of a lot better in prepping him for this than they did. They could've done just half of what they did for Braun or any number of guys that they've put in prominent spots than complete jobber status until last week. I have no prohibitive reasons to not put Mahal in a prominent spot from a talent perspective. Merely that his look is bad from a PR perspective right now and that his character got no help and is just being hot-shot into the spot from a spot that otherwise wouldn't even make the pre-show of one of their many B or C PPV's.

They literally just decided it recently. Like...very, very recently, which explains his two wins since returning in the summer and getting this sudden push.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Shibata still has paralysis on the right side of his body and will need another surgery in May.

He hopes to return to wrestling.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Maybe it was vinces idea to get Jinder jacked for his run ahead of time? Vince is on some of the stuff and you can never discount how crazy the guy is. Looking closely at their muscle density, they have some similar characteristics.

b-bmjxfiqaetjc24.jpg

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
pro wrestling is the most popular sport in India. lots of money to be made from them.
theres literally a giant poster in the streets of Mahal in Kolkata holding the WWE title.

There might be lots of money to be made, but are you saying wrestling is more popular than cricket over there? I dunno if I can wrap my head around that.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Scott Hall commented on bullying -

On the recent discussion around bullying backstage in WWE: “Obviously, I’m against bullying, but it does happen. The business has changed so much since I came in it. When I came in, there wasn’t a bunch of women wrestlers. There was maybe one or two who came in a couple months a year. Now in the locker room, there’s women. It’s much more politically correct than it was when I started. So I think the bullying stuff -— that’s not tolerated anywhere. So it certainly can’t be tolerated in the wrestling business.”

On ribbing: “Everybody’s going to have their own tolerance toward ribbing, or bullying or whatever. If somebody’s more sensitive, then you can’t rib them as much . . . The whole thing is you don’t rub guys you don’t like. You rib guys you do like. And then you’re there for them to rib back. A lot of times on the road, the grind is so much that we’d just try to amuse ourselves by doing stuff like that.”

On mean-spirited ribs being out of bounds: “It’s like when you find out a guy’s room number then you go down to the bar and buy drinks for everybody and then you go, ‘Hey, just charge the drinks to my room,’ and put his room number down. To me, that’s funny. I might charge a bunch of drinks to your room, but I’m not going to steal your passport.”

Tell me how Booker T is the one defending it by saying "there is no bullying once you get your high school diploma" and Scott Hall is the one saying bullying shouldn't be tolerated at all.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Tell me how Booker T is the one defending it by saying "there is no bullying once you get your high school diploma" and Scott Hall is the one saying bullying shouldn't be tolerated at all.

Their employment status with WWE may be the difference.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
NXT is cutting some people. Maybe more, usually there is. These three today:

Andrea D’Marco - Interview robot.
Josh Bredl - Tough Enough winner, concussion problems.
Chris Atkins - A tall guy with no experience.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
My wife and I went to John Morrison's movie premiere on Sunday for Boone the Bounty Hunter. Everything went really well - which is to his credit, because he was running around making sure everyone had everything they needed before showtime. A total gentleman to both of us. And he had a really strong comedic performance in the film.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Matt Hardy's latest tweet...

god I hope Sheamus/Cesaro takes the titles off The Hardyz on Sunday and it sends Matt into his #BROKEN spiral.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York

Booker is known to have an attitude backstage so doesn't surprise me one bit whether its employment status or not.

Anyone defending something like stealing a passport is POS imo.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wasn't Josh the guy who got a ton of heat for making fun of the Social Outcasts on Twitter? :laugh:

Yes.

What a bomb the last season of Tough Enough was. Both winners are gone from the company without even making it on to TV. I hope they don't do that again. The talent that got ahead the furthest thus far is on TNA.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
More JBL stuff

If true that sounds like it's Lilian Garcia.

Yes.

What a bomb the last season of Tough Enough was. Both winners are gone from the company without even making it on to TV. I hope they don't do that again. The talent that got ahead the furthest thus far is on TNA.

Off that last season, Mandy Rose (Amanda Saccomanno), Patrick Clark, and Sonya Deville (Daria Berenato) are still with the company, at least in NXT, which is about where I'd expect them to be.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If true that sounds like it's Lilian Garcia.

Off that last season, Mandy Rose (Amanda Saccomanno), Patrick Clark, and Sonya Deville (Daria Berenato) are still with the company, at least in NXT, which is about where I'd expect them to be.

Sonya (who might be up this week with her new name, not sure about if she has a new gimmick or not) is the one who is furthest ahead, although I know Hunter is bullish on Clark. Mandy Rose showed up once or twice around Brooklyn and I don't think has been seen on TV since.

I'd still say despite that Chelsea Green/Laurel Van Ness is the furthest ahead in terms of name-power within the industry, but she already had her career off and running before being on the show.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Sonya (who might be up this week with her new name, not sure about if she has a new gimmick or not) is the one who is furthest ahead, although I know Hunter is bullish on Clark. Mandy Rose showed up once or twice around Brooklyn and I don't think has been seen on TV since.

I'd still say despite that Chelsea Green/Laurel Van Ness is the furthest ahead in terms of name-power within the industry, but she already had her career off and running before being on the show.

I think you're right. I thought Rose had been on TV more recently than that but looking back I think her last match was her singles match against Ember Moon last year which means she's had two televised matches (the previous being a 3-on-3 tag with Alexa Bliss and Berenato against Carmella, Liv Morgan, and Nikki Glencross (before they changed her from face to heel and dropped the "Glen" from her ring name). I think having seen her at the Live event in Concord, NC threw me for a loop there. Speaking of, based on that live event, which was about a week or so before they gave Berenato her new ring name, I don't think they've reworked her gimmick as she was still doing the female MMA fighter type stuff in the tag match I saw her in (she tagged with Rose against Kimberly Frankele and Ruby Riot).

Still I think this round of Tough Enough may have been more successful than the last season before it when you had, essentially, Cameron and Ivelisse Velez as the only two contestants of real note.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Mandy Rose is on the 'big' NXT tours, they are high on her. She's very green, but has potential. Her biggest problem will be that she's good looking and will be push too soon for her skill, and it'll burn the fans on her. At least they are hiding her from TV for now, and they've got a very good new wave debut (and more to come with the tournament), so there's a chance they'll accidentally do well by her.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Renee Young said she and Dean were going to bed and then he just pulled out a ring and they went to yelp to find a 24-hour pastor and "Pastor Pete" happened to live down the street from them so he did the wedding in their backyard at 1am.

:laugh:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Renee Young said she and Dean were going to bed and then he just pulled out a ring and they went to yelp to find a 24-hour pastor and "Pastor Pete" happened to live down the street from them so he did the wedding in their backyard at 1am.

:laugh:

thats the most Ambrose thing ive ever heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad