Monthly News Thread (11/1 - 11/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That doesn't mean Taker is going to win the belt.

One thing they could do is have Cena interfere and accidentally cost Taker the match. Keeps the belt on AJ and leads directly into a Taker/Cena feud at Mania.

Have the Rumble winner go into a feud with AJ after that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think you have Cena come out and screw anybody. If anything Cena should get screwed out of the title, and then come out on Smackdown and say that if he can't get a title shot at WM, then he might as well go for the next best thing and challenge the Undertaker.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Considering they have basically had him say he's back for more than just wrestlemania, I don't see how the hip is an actual issue. They couldn't have been stupid enough to say something like that if he wasn't ready to go.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The Observer has a deal on atm, a month of access for $4. Link.

If you've never subbed, it's more than worth it. I don't think anyone who's ever subscribed will tell you otherwise.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was lucky enough to buy a sub the day before thanksgiving and not the day after.

Their link to WOR wasnt working for me yesterday, not sure about anyone else.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
And people will cry they wasted their time on a WWE24 that wasn't on a young star :sarcasm:

Seriously though, riding guys like Goldberg, Taker, and even a guy like Brock is not an intelligent business strategy. They have tons of talented wrestlers who cost less and have many more years ahead of them.

I admit that the reaction justifies their spot on the card. Even so, not so long from now all of these guys are not going to be able to wrestle anymore for one reason or another and WWE will have their pants around their ankles because they will have conditioned their audience to see their full time talents as geeks.

People make fun of me for ripping the WWE for focusing on guys like Goldberg. I'd like to point out that Austin and Rock would have been nobodies if the entire focus of 97 raws was on Bob Backlund and Tony Atlas.

Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia, but eventually the past has to take its rightful place in the past.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Seriously though, riding guys like Goldberg, Taker, and even a guy like Brock is not an intelligent business strategy. They have tons of talented wrestlers who cost less and have many more years ahead of them.

I admit that the reaction justifies their spot on the card. Even so, not so long from now all of these guys are not going to be able to wrestle anymore for one reason or another and WWE will have their pants around their ankles because they will have conditioned their audience to see their full time talents as geeks.

People make fun of me for ripping the WWE for focusing on guys like Goldberg. I'd like to point out that Austin and Rock would have been nobodies if the entire focus of 97 raws was on Bob Backlund and Tony Atlas.

Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia, but eventually the past has to take its rightful place in the past.

It is extremely short sighted, and long term it isn't going to work. All the signs are there. Ratings have been trending down for a while and the overall wrestling market is both aging and shrinking. They aren't creating enough new fans to replace the old fans. MCG posted the age demographics in other threads.

Funny how they seem to be making one of WCW's mistakes. WCW always relied heavily on the fading 80s stars. They didn't push any of their younger cruiser weight or mid card stars, and the best left to WWF. By the time the NWO ran its course, they had zero new stars to fight back when WWF ran away with the ratings war.

WWE isn't a dying mess since Vince still makes some sound decisions, they aren't dealing with Russo car crash TV, and their is no real competition. Still they are slowly bleeding out.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Back in about 2010 I thought WWE was targeting 12-14 year olds so they could "grow" as those kids grew. They'd be 18-20 now, but it seems like those kids back then distanced themselves from the product based on demos. I mention this since Eddy mentioned demos.

The largest part of their audience is over 50-years-old ffs. :laugh: Main demos really don't care about wrestling. WWE had a chance to grow with their 2010 kid audience and create something really good right now, but they dropped the ball.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
The Observer has a deal on atm, a month of access for $4. Link.

If you've never subbed, it's more than worth it. I don't think anyone who's ever subscribed will tell you otherwise.

How about you pay for it and tell us what it says instead? That is how the internet is supposed to work.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Back in about 2010 I thought WWE was targeting 12-14 year olds so they could "grow" as those kids grew. They'd be 18-20 now, but it seems like those kids back then distanced themselves from the product based on demos. I mention this since Eddy mentioned demos.

The largest part of their audience is over 50-years-old ffs. :laugh: Main demos really don't care about wrestling. WWE had a chance to grow with their 2010 kid audience and create something really good right now, but they dropped the ball.

Different eras but using myself for example:

I watched religiously from like 5-13, then in passing from 14-16 (and still played the video games) and not at all for 17-18 and have been back since I was 19 to where even when I stop watching for a month or 2 here and there, I'm still following it (mostly via this board.)

to break those periods down in years in order.

96-04
05-07
08-early 2010
mid 2010-present. (a friend got me back into around summer 2010)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Different eras but using myself for example:

I watched religiously from like 5-13, then in passing from 14-16 (and still played the video games) and not at all for 17-18 and have been back since I was 19 to where even when I stop watching for a month or 2 here and there, I'm still following it (mostly via this board.)

to break those periods down in years in order.

96-04
05-07
08-early 2010
mid 2010-present. (a friend got me back into around summer 2010)

I watched from when I was a baby since my mom watched and I stuck to it. I started understanding at around 3 or so. So my timeline is something like:

97/98-2008
2010-2011 (Edge retiring)
2011-Sept. 2016 (2011 - Punk's promo brought me back)

and now I'm here, barely watching it and only following by reading online, watching the PPVs and posting here lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad