Monthly News Thread (11/1 - 11/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah let's just make these monthly things. :laugh:

Apparently they sent Undertaker to the Cavaliers game to meet LeBron without actually setting up a meeting. Here's the fully recap of what happened:

“I love this question. For a quick review, The Undertaker was stationed outside the locker room at The Q for an uncomfortable hour (give or take) on opening night, apparently to meet James (with cameras and cell phones rolling for the fine folks at WWE to capture the moment and spread the footage around the globe). The reason, besides the huge publicity it would generate for the WWE, was James wore a T-shirt from Homage with The Undertaker’s likeness on the front on practice day prior to Game 5 of the Finals.

James arrived at The Q before the wrestler and his posse, and claimed not to know he was out there. But of course the word immediately spread through the locker room that The Undertaker was waiting outside.

Here’s a life lesson. If you don’t have an appointment, don’t already know James personally, aren’t a business associate or a small child, the odds of “meeting†James before or after a Cavs game in or near the locker room are not great. I once saw Houston Astros stud second baseman Jose Altuve try to get a meeting with James after a game against the Houston Rockets in Texas. The request came through various team PR officials. Let’s just say James had no interest.

Another rule. James is not cool with someone purposefully trying to make money or gain fame through him, away from the court. In other words, no PR stunts that don’t benefit James. He wore an Undertaker T-shirt. For him, that’s enough.“

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
still in shock that they sent Undertaker in his full attire to the Cavaliers game to do PR with LeBron and LeBron and the Cavs weren't having it. :laugh: All because he wore an Undertaker shirt when they won. :laugh: He was even wearing his wig and everything.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

With the network subscription numbers declining in September even with going with two PPVs, they are going to make another change when it comes to PPV. It hasn’t been completely worked out but the last word was there would be a few less shows in 2017 than were originally planned

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
let's not talk about politics here and keep it to the politics board :)

some on WF actually had a surprisingly great analogy about WWE in regards to this Taker-LeBron thing:

I legit just stated last night how this company is like the homely 18 year old female whom has never been involved in a romantic relationship. The first guy tells her that she's beautiful and she goes above & beyond to the extent she scares away the potential suitor due to her awkwardness and being too clingy. The company is so desperate for mainstream acceptance that they risk embarrassing themselves and their performers at the first inclination that someone mainstream may be interested in them.

Vince lost his mind after the Cavs sported Attitude Era merchandise and thought they were genuinely big fans without realizing they probably are like the 4 million who haven't watched since Attitude Era. Just embarrassing and I'm glad they were made a fool of. It's just a shame they managed to convince Taker to fall on the sword. He deserved better.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm surprised Taker is as "yes-man" as he is. He seriously will do anything Vince asks him. Why the heck would he say yes to going to a Cavs game. Wtf is that? and be in character?!?

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I'm surprised Taker is as "yes-man" as he is. He seriously will do anything Vince asks him. Why the heck would he say yes to going to a Cavs game. Wtf is that? and be in character?!?

Because he might be a fan of sports and or the cavs or maybe McCool is. It's not that difficult. I doubt he'd show to a random ass basketball game without good reason.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Because he might be a fan of sports and or the cavs or maybe McCool is. It's not that difficult. I doubt he'd show to a random ass basketball game without good reason.

The only reason he was sent there in full attire was because Vince saw LeBron wearing a t-shirt from the Attitude Era and thought WWE was relevant.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Royal Rumble is apparently now being expanded to 4 hours as well.

- Sin Cara's been moved to the Smackdown tour.

- Vince was 100% behind changing the finish of the Charlotte/Sasha match and blamed the crappy finish on Sasha for not going through the table. Because...you know...120-pound women can go through a table as easy as 220-pound men. Sasha was in a no-win situation because she'd have super heat if she kicked out of the Natural Selection so they can go through the table.

- Vince also loves the "sparkle crotch" comment by Rollins and laughs "like a maniac" whenever it's said... so... yeah.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
ESPN to release "30 for 30: documentary on the XFL

Three days before Super Bowl LI, ESPN Films will premiere the 30 for 30 documentary “This Was the XFL,” directed by Charlie Ebersol, chronicling the short-lived, ill-fated pro football league. The documentary, airing on February 2 at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN, tells the story in fascinating, candid, and often rollicking fashion featuring fellow television legends and close friends – Dick Ebersol and Vince McMahon.

I love the "30 for 30" films, so this one will definitely be a must-watch for me.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Nice, the USFL doc was a fun watch; Especially for me since that was slightly before my time. It should be fun to see how much pressure was on NBC since they didn't have the NFL at the time. If I recall correctly, the XFL also helped innovate/popularize the behind the QB camera angle as well.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So basically Sasha is a bust now, thanks Vince. He likes Bayley tho doesn't he? and he obviously likes Charlotte.

So is Sin Cara apart of the SD roster now? are they just gonna put Lucha Dragons back together

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So basically Sasha is a bust now, thanks Vince. He likes Bayley tho doesn't he? and he obviously likes Charlotte.

So is Sin Cara apart of the SD roster now? are they just gonna put Lucha Dragons back together

Well the cruiserweights should be moving to Smackdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad