Management Montgomery will be introduced on Monday by Cam, Don, Charlie and Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I could be wrong (I usually am to most people) but I wonder if they can't say anything for certain until Wednesday at noon

Gasper is a clown. Keep beating his " Cam and Don need to be fired and Bruce is amazing" narrative.

Gag me with a spoon

it behooves them to not say anything official…it would cost them. July 13 is ‘official’ day for league.

Reactions: Alicat

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I could be wrong (I usually am to most people) but I wonder if they can't say anything for certain until Wednesday at noon

Gasper is a clown. Keep beating his " Cam and Don need to be fired and Bruce is amazing" narrative.

Gag me with a spoon
Well Cassidy sucked but that doesn't mean dumb and dumber should have jobs.

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and Bodit9

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
it behooves them to not say anything official…it would cost them. July 13 is ‘official’ day for league.
That's my sense with both Bergy and Krejci. Once the deal with Krejci is in place, Bergy will follow.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sacco staying on bench

Kelly staying - may be on bench but he’s got other duties

Charlie looks good was getting to thin - also he much better in front of camera

Love Monty reference of Walsh amazing coach

Billy Barber loved him

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Haggerty with a rare good question about who Montgomery pulls from as a coach:

References Shawn Walsh -- University Maine -- as a communicator
References Grant Standbrook -- University Maine -- as a teacher

Billy Barber with holding players accountable to results. If you weren't producing, he'd let you know
Dave Tippett = Creative
Ken Hitchcock = structured
Randy Carlisle = Neutral Zone breakouts and breakouts as a defenseman

Also touched on Craig Berube.

He's always trying to learn and "steal ideas" if it makes sense for his core values.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Connor Ryan: "This question is for Cam: You mentioned back in May about how this team's offense needs to get more inside the dots to generate more offense and how does Jim's style help that?"

Cam: "Jim's philosophy of getting the defenseman to move a bit more on the O-Blue line. They can create offense from being more fluid at the offensive zone blue line".

Wot.

Reactions: Alicat and JCRO

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Better video

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1657566225725.png

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Went to DC today and Danielle Marner probably, maybe best skater on ice

Her or McLaughlin

If Marty St Louis was a female it’s Danielle

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Connor Ryan: "This question is for Cam: You mentioned back in May about how this team's offense needs to get more inside the dots to generate more offense and how does Jim's style help that?"

Cam: "Jim's philosophy of getting the defenseman to move a bit more on the O-Blue line. They can create offense from being more fluid at the offensive zone blue line".

Wot.

I honestly think Neely doesn't have a clue anymore about hockey tactics. The modern game passed him by probably around 5-10 years ago. He's also terrible at speaking off the cuff. But as long as he leaves Montgomery to go about his business unhindered it should be fine.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Chris Gasper with some tough questions lol

I dont think Cam Sweeney enjoyed it...
Gasper I’m a fan but it’s like me asking these questions to Grousbeck or Stevens about b ball

I follow Celtics but it’s clearly my 4th sport

I talked to Fluto this morning and he was great - a bit about dogs, food, exercise, and hockey - Fluto clearly knows much more about the Cassidy dismissal by today then 3 weeks ago. He’s a good guy and Gasper should probably talk to him now - Chris still relying on that first article. Info getting out there and hasn’t appeared to reach him and Twitter

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I honestly think Neely doesn't have a clue anymore about hockey tactics. The modern game passed him by probably around 5-10 years ago. He's also terrible at speaking off the cuff. But as long as he leaves Montgomery to go about his business unhindered it should be fine.
I loved though he said in the dots

But agree with you / let Sweeney & Monty run this and just be the second best power winger I ever saw

Menacing he was

Watching Neely play healthy would be like putting a great white shark in the general fish population at NE Aquarium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad