WWE: Monday Night Raw Part 188 - Get Well Soon Big Dog!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I just don’t care.

Deadman Taker has seriously run his course on me like 5 years ago.

Kane is Kane, and he sucks too.

hard watching Kane when I know he just won a Mayoral election. was over Taker after he faceplanted off the apron after his match with HHH at Mania 28. poor bastard needs to hang it up already.

Feb 24, 2017
Best parts for me tonight were both flubbed words. Either Cole or Graves calling Jinder “dinner” and Drew sounding like he said “crown jew”.

Reactions: CPTN71

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Tell you what, the Dean Ambrose heel turn is gonna be some ugly footage to look back on if Roman's fight doesn't go well.

They should've steered clear of tying that in.

Reactions: sabremike

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Tell you what, the Dean Ambrose heel turn is gonna be some ugly footage to look back on if Roman's fight doesn't go well.

I think they'll be fine. If something, God forbid, does happen to Roman Reigns and Ambrose is still a heel, I think they can very, very easily fix the situation by having Ambrose claim he was lashing out due to being angry for Roman, and not knowing how to deal with it so he took it out on the person closest to him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

You’ll never see it again anyways, they’ll edit everything out of their content. As long as they get their heat.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Now we all know the rules about airing out moderation greiveances. The best course of action is to stay on topic and not undermine threads with how much your don’t care about the threads you care enough to post in.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Now we all know the rules about airing out moderation greiveances. The best course of action is to stay on topic and not undermine threads with how much your don’t care about the threads you care enough to post in.

Fair enough. I guess I retire from picking results even though I was winning the thing. Just another reason to not be interested in Wrestling.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Enough of the farewell party, let's talk about Raw in the Raw thread. :laugh:

I know I'm looking forward to next week's episode, where hopefully we won't be subjected to the Aging Grandpas Wrestling Tour.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Didn't you announce you "couldn't care less" about women's wrestling AND that you were just going to copy picks?

I mean - copying picks sucks but then crapping on a huge moment for the women in their time to shine seems like a fair DQ to me.

Reactions: SeidoN and Disclose

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Even for this company using a guy battling cancer to get heel heat is probably the most sick sleazy and disgusting moment in company history. This is even worse than when they exploited Eddie's death and I didn't think such a thing was possible. The only thing in modern wrestling history this sick was the Onita-Invader I stabbing angle that got such a violently negative reaction in Japan it was dropped instantly.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Even for this company using a guy battling cancer to get heel heat is probably the most sick sleazy and disgusting moment in company history. This is even worse than when they exploited Eddie's death and I didn't think such a thing was possible. The only thing in modern wrestling history this sick was the Onita-Invader I stabbing angle that got such a violently negative reaction in Japan it was dropped instantly.

I don't find anything wrong with how the WWE turned Ambrose heel.

If they had him cut a promo about how he's glad Roman has cancer, or that Roman WAS the cancer, etc., then yeah, obviously that's so far over the line you can't even see it anymore. :laugh:

It's not like they could just mosey right along with Roman out of the picture, as if nothing happened.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't find anything wrong with how the WWE turned Ambrose heel.

If they had him cut a promo about how he's glad Roman has cancer, or that Roman WAS the cancer, etc., then yeah, obviously that's so far over the line you can't even see it anymore. :laugh:

It's not like they could just mosey right along with Roman out of the picture, as if nothing happened.

I think there's a difference between mentioning it or mentioning how he isn't there and using it to get heat. Last week was whatever, however you felt about it, I thought it was fine. But now they're driving it hard in order to get heat, and it wasn't even exclusive to the feud, they had Baron Corbin using it as well. Especially when you consider the ends of the earth they went to in order to make sure nobody ever knew Roman had it in the first place.

Reactions: sabremike

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm choosing to believe that if they're using it Roman had given it an okay...and if he's okay with it we should be too.

Reactions: SeidoN

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'm choosing to believe that if they're using it Roman had given it an okay...and if he's okay with it we should be too.
Do you think people at home were saying that, or do you think they were saying "wow this is sleazy as all hell". And Bryan Alvarez was dead on: this "amazing" angle that was going to make Ambrose the biggest heel ever and last night he gets an average heel reaction at best. Remember when they used Reid Flair's death in an angle with Charlotte? Without Googling it do you know who the person who did it was? It was Paige, and you remember how that made her the biggest heel in the company right. Nope, no it didn't. Or how Randy Orton saying Eddie's in hell took his career to new heights. Nope, didn't happen. All those things did were make the company itself look slimy and disgusting.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Everybody says this as if anybody would ever say no...

And even if Roman is OK with it, hypothetically, say in a year he ends up dying. Those promos are gonna sound really, really tasteless.

... Then again this is the same company about to go on a trip to Saudi Arabia weeks after they deliberately killed a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad